Today's philosophical discussion topic

HextallHextall Senior MemberPosts: 9,520 Senior Member
If you could go back in time and had the opportunity, would you kill baby ****?

Would you kill baby ****?

Sign in to vote!
This is a private poll: no-one will see what you voted for.

Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    To help us decide whether to kill him, this is baby ****:

CSBkZ8EUsAAjqAX.png
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    I'd wait until he's ten.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • Gregory Peck said no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H58H_kAZZsY

Good movie. Great book.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,570 Senior Member
    Better yet go back far enough in time to give his mother a hysterectomy.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,735 Senior Member
    I'm torn so I'd have to struggle with the following two choices:

A) I'd have a CIA drone do it for me.

B) Since I recently learned from 'Bibi' that **** actually loved the Jews, I would let him live.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    I would appoint someone here to kidnap him and proceed to nurture him with kindness and love, turning him into a peace activist. How about EdB. You guys just seem to have just one solution to everything.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    I try to stay one dimensional in the lodge, it's easier that way..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    creekguy wrote: »
    I would appoint someone here to kidnap him and proceed to nurture him with kindness and love, turning him into a peace activist. How about EdB. You guys just seem to have just one solution to everything.

*G*

he'd rebel. If you really want to take him out of the equation, pay someone to buy his paintings, he'd never think about politics again.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,805 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    I try to stay one dimensional in the lodge, it's easier that way..

Mike

Indeed. I've not seen many shadows cast here.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,181 Senior Member
    I would do it only if we could also kill the millions of baby jews too so we were all square at the end of the day

[/channeling my best evil Hex impersonation....swim walking my way to satan]
    That's good philosophizing.

By the way, killing baby **** probably means no Isreal... No strife in the middle east... No war crimes for Ed to tell us about... And then the lodge can get to important discussions about fat bikes and Kenyan presidents.

Win win.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,944 Senior Member
    Kidnap him after he gets into art and transplant him in Tahiti where many artists have spent time. Maybe the bare-breasted Polynesian women would mellow him out.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    Or better yet the cannibals would get him and shrink his head.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Amelia's co-pilot..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • Hextall wrote: »
    That's good philosophizing.

By the way, killing baby **** probably means no Isreal

No.

And it's Israel.
    Thanks for the spelling and history check in my thread about time travelling back to the early 20th century to kill a baby to try and prevent the Holocaust. You're doing good work here.
    Based on recent developments, I'd like to change my vote to not kill baby ****.
  • I'm here for you.

FTR, the British had been administering Palestine since WWI. With both Arab and Jewish guerillas/terrorists/freedom fighters attacking the British forces, England gave up - forcing the question on the U.N. Resolution 181 called for the partition of Palestine, but it was non-binding. Only Security Council decisions have the force of law.

The idea that the U.N. created Israel out of guilt for the Shoah is pretty insidious.
    How do the Jews feel about killing babies?
    Steven wrote: »
    The idea that the U.N. created Israel out of guilt for the Shoah is pretty insidious.

Well, we wouldn't want to sully the integrity of a thread about killing a baby.
  • Sorry your panties got in a bunch, Hex.
    Well let me extend my own apology for not being more serious when presented with the record straightening about the historical motivations for the creation of Israel when considering the impacts of making a time machine for the purpose of killing a baby. And I apologize again for not realizing that it's important to spell the name of nation states correctly in a thread where the very fabric of time is assumed to be manipulated for the purpose of killing a pre-toddler age ****. I've learned a valuable lesson.

Or... maybe upon reviewing the thread, it's not my panties that are in a bunch. Unfortunately, I'm afraid we'll never get to the bottom of this timeless mystery.
  • You know who else thinks "Isreal" was created by the United Nations?

Darren Wilson.
    Darren Wilson would probably kill baby **** because as everyone knows ****'s only real mistake was jaywalking across Poland.
    Darren Wilson.

I think we found another use for the time machine.

Hey Steven where were you born?

Follow up Q's:
    Steven, what's the last four digits of your SSN? Mother's maiden name? Name of first pet?

This is for the continuing update of the historical record, and nothing nefarious like trying to kill every last Jewish person.
  • I think we found another use for the time machine.

Flatbush
    Hextall wrote: »
    Follow up Q's:
    Steven, what's the last four digits of your SSN? Mother's maiden name? Name of first pet?

This is for the continuing update of the historical record, and nothing nefarious like trying to kill every last Jewish person.

Also Steven I am conducting a survey. Do you like your online banking app and what bank is that?
  • Union College Checking Union

If it was good enough for Chester A. Arthur....
    Union College Checking Union

Ha... this bank is fraudulent. You put in $100k+ 20 years ago and all you get out of it is a canoe ride through Kansas City.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.