Canadians Don't Learn

Mike,

Are you really going to elect your own Obama? The only difference is nobody thinks Trudeau is a Muslim.

For everybody else's information, today's election day in Canada. Who knew?

Replies

• ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    It's all those unemployed people in Ontario/Quebec voting for him.. After a left wing NDP government winning in Alberta anything is possible.. Besides Harper's track record is all smoke and mirrors.. GO GREEN PARTY!!

Mike

At least our BS electioneering is over, whereas yours drags on and on..
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,580 Senior Member
    Well what do you know.

I have a comic friend Dez Reed, funny mofo, who is got to be beside himself right now.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • John Oliver destroyed both Trudeau and Harper last night.
    Best thing he could say about Trudeau is that he wasn't Harper.
    Anybody want to go into the weed growing business with me ?

Mike
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 966 Senior Member
    Trudeau's wife is pretty hot.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/20/world/americas/canada-election-stephen-harper-justin-trudeau.html

I remember his dad. Very JFK-like. His mom used to party with the Stones.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Google's second suggestion when searching for Justin Trudeau is his wife.

LJJjNmsTvYUb43Ovzd5WexSmqdIwVHYCvJHYxcMVdP0Qk3PDIgIGmbGUQ8eXiOnFrMOjdcbgUUVqX19VASyS9gBfl1favQoTr_PdSxj-8jAjS8ziDfbalxkCzdEFxqtgkklPeTaad3etPbtH16PIKmazX8LXprdnzLywaOa7FC7INqlH63tugsID6bYjlVW4aIMO872nZ98gzwxqP97S74omo8vWiyPHTYsNOsgkgKRtnaldYM2E9R559eo-CM76xVHvpz--97zW8jMmbOtT2AbndAQnUuP1CsXx84KI5WDtnT2-rP7fgKVw_XtM7UUJMC79SuWnAWiRwUkZuPMCgCpO3Q8nq_L3oJxDLSvZQJ8N_IRQImQz7AxF4lm4CNWBivGXIlQtYRXIegoWzEfLsenzLskoShcW5Dt0kYVZS78WpmGJUGIO0QS76ImN5Mp7LQTU2eOUm6grwA0BPf-N_jTmLbanW8fUmq_QlU9tMYlx2NG9z5gUQeF3dj0RBE1hkdNZjlg6oArYZv5wjgU-IKg3LJM2il4dXL4uSyrfb2Y=w1274-h494-no
    Google's suggestions when searching for Stephen Harper are not so pretty:

TmtrEbMo6HodqZeOv7vETypsh7KUOv7bHjAUSUztA_M4cDgfsk2w3qFUDsFT9rILIN5Up8kKK14XA7NiiVF7zfI2MrYuQvPDaJSHcpt2AN5mhoqj1XPcQr_Jzo2yM8h30Ri65hqzF693-ug9zFza4ALR4ctr2Bzat5Gz9oclDCZZDWjljbL8M8uB7b4C-ybd5CJekZkTAqXcnhzidUXc3hmUrpUDNEYSFAD9BxoxgH-6qvel_x4Hir-j8gecHnNPFsnPdvpoS2JqycR3QWNpwkjQabbYceR-jFuQ3VM2DxDgmcGTvJlKxDuQzn8HMNQ0RlHXV23HuiJyXlkffaZCV5RBotzTjfeFCIa1l0q0814dHKSXo8wlp1u5YYlQFGU5zhOky0zI_ydXVM3qpNkfCRXuFk3VvIzewBEQuu5x-nReUJ6mYSLyxMwtmMduk9VHS4nYEGHdwjR6u5Q6oL90_afLqq2Akazo_ZJcpxYujLo2_vrJbAR6xgKBTKaKx8SAInV5rTlMyaR8C9edhzcujop_CdtMm9y_NanS5KMoJP4=w1169-h677-no
  • My favorite is the Justin Trudeau falling down stairs trick.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,736 Senior Member
    Speaking of Trudeau's hot wife:

Why do Canadian couples always have sex doggy style? So they can both watch the hockey game.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Canadians don't learn? /QUOTE]

Stock investors cheered the Liberal victory, betting it would loosen government purse strings to kick-start growth.
    Shares of construction firms and railways rose on the Toronto Stock Exchange along with heavyweight resource and financial stocks.
    Canadian medical marijuana stocks also were higher.
    The Canadian dollar strengthened as fiscal policy could limit the need to cut interest rates.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,815 Senior Member
    Mike,

Are you really going to elect your own Obama? The only difference is nobody thinks Trudeau is a Muslim

For everybody else's information, today's election day in Canada. Who knew?

So saith he who most likely voted for Dubya. Twice.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,991 Senior Member
    Hope and Change will probably be about as effective in Canada as it was here.
    Joe K. wrote: »
    Hope and Change will probably be about as effective in Canada as it was here.

Actually no.. The Prime Minister's party holds the majority in the House of Commons. It may not be the most democratic system, but at least some things get done.
    We have just swung slightly left of center from being slightly right. After 10 yrs of Harper it was time for a change.

Mike
    George K wrote: »

I am pretty sure he is going to say he voted for Obama but has been disappointed. Even though he has been complaining about him since before the inauguration.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »

:D:D:D

and Romney and most likely will for Trump as well

I greatly value his opinion.

Harper is a dirtbag. I don't care much for the libs either, but maybe some sanity can come back so the environmental **** and pillaging can at least slow down. But of course I am sure Steven that you would find offensive. No one should stand in anyone's way to make more. Right? There are no consequences because everything can be fixed with the wave a wand.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • DogwoodDogwood Member Posts: 63 Member
    Shawn, there's reverse cowgirl too.

Wetdog ... well spoken.

Best regards,
    SP
    So fabulous hair is the key to political success? Please join me in my draft Fishslime for president campaign.
  • I am pretty sure he is going to say he voted for Obama but has been disappointed. Even though he has been complaining about him since before the inauguration.

I voted for Obama for Senator, but that was only because he was running against that crazy whackadoodle who was brought in after the real Republican had some scandal (So did the Dem that Obama ran against for his nomiantion). I'd vote for W, McCain and Romney over the Democrats they ran against all day long.
  • Wetdog wrote: »
    But of course I am sure Steven that you would find offensive. No one should stand in anyone's way to make more. Right? There are no consequences because everything can be fixed with the wave a wand.

You drunk?
    You are the one that said that our technology can solve everything. You said we can even create clean drinking water when there isn't any. Were YOU drunk? Economics means crap if the basic needs aren't met. Food, water and shelter.

by the way, if I had one drink in a week it would be surprising.
  • Then lay off the pain pills. You've become a miserable SOB, which is kind of sad, because I enjoyed hanging with you in the past. I thought you did too.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,815 Senior Member
    I'd vote for W, McCain and Romney over the Democrats they ran against all day long.

"Vote Early, Vote Often", the new GOP mantra? :)
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    You really do take yourself seriously don't you? In three threads I poked a few of you, never used to do that, but in spite of reality after all these years many of you conservatives never take responsibility, not for voter suppression, not rigging elections, not for that last great recession, not for the War in Iraq, you are beginning to sound like Patriots fans. You guys pass laws that if your water is contaminated by fraking, you can't sue even though your property is worthless now. You are just out of luck. Townships and counties cannot ban sand mining in this State, but still you guys talk about freedom. Nothing personal in any of it, but "you" sit by and cheer every freedom taken away from the public, and cheer "freedom" from responsibility for the corporations. Now if I am wrong, and you do give a crap about that family with bad water, or any of the stuff on my list, why don't you stand up? Because "you" never stand up, and frankly love regulation preventing citizens to enjoy their freedom, and hate regulation on banks, and and really hate environmental regulation.

I used to have discussions and debates with some of you, but what's the point in that, all of you appear intractable on everything. Please tell me again about voter fraud? You want to talk about miserable, I've watched you for years in discussions and when you get painted into a corner it's personal attack time. This isn't personal in regard to you, but knowing you are not dumb, not stupid, you should be able open your eyes just a little.

All I know is I've yet to see one republican say the party has ever made a mistake. You are in favor of environmental degradation, either you don't care, or you just keep your mouths shut. You've all told us that that global warming is a joke, you are no different than the cigarette companies. So tell me why I should respect republican thinking, you do not respect anyone else with a different viewpoint. When you come up on them you ridicule. I am supposed to respect that? Since compromise no longer has any value to the new republicans, why bother with words to bring us together? There is no "together" for you guys, it's all about you and republican nation. Go look at Kansas, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, republican "success" stories. Three of the most miserable States in the country to live in, well there is Mississippi too. You guys haven't just pissed me off, you've pissed off well over half the country with your stunts. If it weren't for your gerrymandering across the country you probably wouldn't have the House. You cheat, I should respect that? Now maybe you personally don't agree with your party on some things though I doubt it because you've never broken ranks.

We are in a mess because of your party, you are the champions of the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries when the owners owned everything including government, when the mine owners sent pinkertons to machine gun striking miners, while the State stood by and didn't interfere. Your party wants to take us there as fast as possible once again. That great depression it's on you too. If I am "miserable" that's on you too. My patience is simply exhausted, knowing this could be a lot better place for everyone, not just the top tax brackets. I don't mind saying what I know a lot of the left leaners here are thinking, but their politeness lingers. see I don't care anymore now that it's pretty much too late to fix anything.

You want to counter one of my assertions, all of them, go for it, I'd be glad to engage and respectfully (up to a point). However you haven't yet, only a personal attack comes from you. Defend you party's actions I'll be happy to discuss.

No sorry, no pain pills either, maybe in another reply you can make it even more personal, cause that appears to be all you got. I can change my mind, can you?
  • I honestly can't be bothered to read this past "you really take yourself seriously."

You've lost it, which is unfortunate. You used to be able to laugh. Now it's just rants.
    Yep it really is, but expected. Why would you anyway, your brain is locked up with your dogma, I've never seen any flexibility in any of you when it comes to your politics, so I can offer nothing to you as food for thought, you have it all figured out like most of your buddies. I am glad that I do know some republicans in real life that I respect because they aren't written in stone, they care more about America than their conservative dogma, they aren't proud of cheating either as apparently all the internet republicans are. I do have to assume that, because none of you ever criticize the things your party does.
    I'd vote for W, McCain and Romney over the Democrats they ran against all day long.

So maybe it is not the Canadians that need to learn.
  • Wetdog wrote: »
    I am glad that I do know some republicans in real life that I respect.

Since you've met me in real life, I'll assume the corollary applies. I'll rule out ever fishing with you again.
  • So maybe it is not the Canadians that need to learn.

Tough to draw a conclusion since we don't know what Gore, Kerry, McCain or Romney would have been like as Presidents.
    Guys, none of you are all that great. Nobody is. We're all just skinbags of rotting meat on our slow spiral down irrelevance.

Eat Arby's.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.