Home The Lodge

The Pope

Replies

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,889 Senior Member
    Joe K. wrote: »
    And anyone that drives a gas powered vehicle or uses a gas powered lawn mower, snow blower etc is also making the conscious decision to say f*ck the world and it's concerns.
    That's a pretty, broad brush you are using. Some don't have the income to switch to an all electric vehicle. We are stuck with gas. And even if we had the money to spend, a vehicle that meets our needs and is an alternative to gas likely doesn't exist at this point.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,019 Senior Member
    I am sorry but I live somewhere that has greatly improved air quality due those emission standards, so I am calling bull ****. Unless he is getting 10 miles more a gallon, it is not a wash. Plus I am betting he is doing it more for what he deems is better horsepower, not the extra mile and a half a gallon.

Not everyone lives in a **** hole.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk 2
    FishTX wrote: »
    That's a pretty, broad brush you are using. Some don't have the income to switch to an all electric vehicle. We are stuck with gas. And even if we had the money to spend, a vehicle that meets our needs and is an alternative to gas likely doesn't exist at this point.

That broad brush includes you and everyone else here. All of which probably own 2 cars, a gas powered mower, gas powered snow blower and many other gas powered devices.

It has nothing to do with being able afford an alternative. I doubt anyone here even owns one of the hybrid alternatives that are affordable these days.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,541 Senior Member
    Not everyone lives in a **** hole.

I think it is funny that you think atmosphere is only a local event. BTW I think our air quality actually is superior to Denver's lately.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    That broad brush includes you and everyone else here. All of which probably own 2 cars, a gas powered mower, gas powered snow blower and many other gas powered devices.

It has nothing to do with being able afford an alternative. I doubt anyone here even owns one of the hybrid alternatives that are affordable these days.

One car, no gas powered mower and no snow blower of any kind.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    I think it is funny that you think atmosphere is only a local event. BTW I think our air quality actually is superior to Denver's lately.

I don't think that at all. Just the area you live in has lots of people. Similar to Milwaukee area...only place in WI that requires emissions testing.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 6,152 Senior Member
    I live in Florida. I have a diesel-powered snow blower to handle the high volume of snow we get.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    I live in Florida. I have a diesel-powered snow blower to handle the high volume of snow we get.

Me too, mine is very efficient. Made by VW,, Oh wait..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    ricinus wrote: »
    Me too, mine is very efficient. Made by VW,, Oh wait..

Mike

You have an F150. Ergo you say f***** the world. Just like I do with my V8 powered truck.

The only broad brush apparent in this thread are those who think that the righties think only of their own welfare, not that of others, much less society as a whole.
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    Ya know, sometime when you need a truck you just need a **** truck.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,889 Senior Member
    It has nothing to do with being able afford an alternative.
    Of course it does. You are making an assumption that if we cared, we'd buy an electric car, take public transport or ride a bicycle. You did the same thing before when education and jobs were discussed. You simplify the situation to fit your beliefs.

We need transportation for jobs, going to the grocery store etc. For many, we don't have public transport, don't live within walking/bicycle distance, have disabilities that prevent walking and biking, and we may be years away from being able to buy a new vehicle. We have to make do with the tools we have available.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    The only broad brush apparent in this thread are those who think that the righties think only of their own welfare, not that of others, much less society as a whole.

So tell me what policies righties support that would actually benefit others.

When I lived in the snow, I had a shovel.
    You have an F150. Ergo you say f***** the world. Just like I do with my V8 powered truck.

True dat. But I didn't disable any emission control stuff..

Mike
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,972 Senior Member
    So tell me what policies righties support that would actually benefit others.

My favorite is the patriot act.
    ricinus wrote: »
    True dat. But I didn't disable any emission control stuff..

Mike

The way I look at it, if you have a low mileage vehicle and you drive low miles, it all works out. I will have to be driving quite a bit soon, so I am going for high mileage. Although I did notice that the V6 Mustang really isn't all that bad. :)
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,513 Senior Member

If you keep on telling yourself often enough that owning a vehicle and not tampering with the pollution controls is equivalent to owning a vehicle and deliberately tampering with the pollution controls, you might eventually believe it - although few others will.

No, wait... I think perhaps you do believe it.
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
    George K wrote: »
    If you keep on telling yourself often enough that owning a vehicle and not tampering with the pollution controls is equivalent to owning a vehicle and deliberately tampering with the pollution controls, you might eventually believe it - although few others will.

No, wait... I think perhaps you do believe it.

I never said it was the equivalent. But making a statement that "righties think only of their own welfare, not that of others, much less society as a whole" is asinine.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,513 Senior Member
    I never said it was the equivalent. But making a statement that "righties think only of their own welfare, not that of others, much less society as a whole" is asinine.

My original post said "hard righties" and the second "rightie" should have been read as such. I'm sorry if that was not clear.

There are huge differences between conservatives on the one hand and the loose coalition of Tea Party sputterers, social Darwinists and xenophobes who elected the esteemed Members who now have veto power in the Republican side of the House.

Oh, and it still is a selfish and anti-social act to cripple the pollution controls on your vehicle, be it a Prius or a semi. It's like tossing your trash out the window as you are driving, only worse.
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    How many mpg does the popemobile get?

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    The Pope mobile gets all of the mpgs.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    Real chick magnet, too.

Chick = alter boy.

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk
    Careful. Nobody escapes the Spanish Inquisition..

Mike
    George K wrote: »
    Oh, and it still is a selfish and anti-social act to cripple the pollution controls on your vehicle, be it a Prius or a semi..

Meh. I don't get bent out of shape if someone wants to do that to their vehicle.

I didn't like the world today so I mowed my lawn with my gas powered riding mower instead of using this...

947a89976e2d8f3cc90bcdd4cdd13b92.jpg

;):p
    What about dumping oil down the storm drain, are you okay with that?
    Actually, as **** as our local lake is, it might help.

I dump the oil on my pile of used tires and set the whole works on fire!

I suspected as much.

Our local lakes has to be the most mis-managed lakes in the state. There is an annual toxic algae bloom requiring warnings not to allow pets to swim or drink the water. The algae is so thick a lure cast into the water is invisible after hitting the water, all due to phosphorus run-off from farms and lakeside lawns. The next lake over is so weedy HERONS, not the smallest birds. literally imitate Jesus and walk on the water's surface.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement