Home The Lodge

Starting to get discouraged

2»

Replies

• flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    I find that candidate "For Sale" has almost universal popularity.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,972 Senior Member
    flytrap wrote: »
    Black, white, female or male, is it asking too much to have an honest person with some integrity?

No one with those qualifications runs for any office.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,889 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    At the number of people in my Facebook feed who are supporting Trump.
    Have fun with them. Change your FB avatar to Bernie Sanders.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,514 Senior Member
    Well.... the voting public has shown that we won't vote for them in local and state elections. Why should we expect better on a national level?

We have a winner, folks!
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
    So what's the solution? Line every politician against the wall and cut loose with the ARs. Tempting. Armed revolution leading to total anarchy. Possibly. Monkey Does' nation of sheeple? Probably. We'll get what we deserve.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,514 Senior Member
    flytrap wrote: »
    So what's the solution? Line every politician against the wall and cut loose with the ARs. Tempting. Armed revolution leading to total anarchy. Possibly. Monkey Does' nation of sheeple? Probably. We'll get what we deserve.

That every nation gets the form of government it deserves is an old axiom. The current mess, especially the gridlocked and largely corrupt Congress, is worse than at any time within living memory. But it is far from being the worst or most corrupt in our history. The sun will come up tomorrow and we will get through this despite all the paranoia and dire forecasts.
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
    You're right of course, and, in its own way, it's even more alarming at how fatalistic we've become.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,541 Senior Member
    Who you calling we white man?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    The American electorate +1 unemployed comic.
    I don't know, I find you to often be singular in your thinking. Which makes me thankful.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    I don't know, I find you to often be singular in your thinking. Which makes me thankful.

Me as well! The herd instinct is not strong here.
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Seriously it is like watching a bad Kathy Griffin set.

Wait... There are good Kathy Griffin sets?
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,329 Senior Member
    Good news. Trump is threatening to sue the Club For Growth over their anti-Trump ads. Nothing bad can come out of this situation!

His counsel addresses the Club for Growth at one point as "your pitiful little group" and another as the perpetrator of a "shake-down" — the group earlier in the year asked for a $1 million donation from the billionaire businessman, which he declined.
    The letter said "we will not sit idly by and allow special interest groups and political action committees like yours to defame Mr. Trump and cause damage to his reputation and business interests."
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 2,197 Senior Member
    Whatever Trump is doing, it's working. At the gym this morning, I noticed on the TV that was on CNN, they have an hour program called CNN on Trump. A whole HOUR on this moron tells me that he's got the liberals panties in a huge WAD.
    How can you watch a war monger like Wolf Blitzer and then claim that CNN is liberal?
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,329 Senior Member
    CO Native wrote: »
    Whatever Trump is doing, it's working. At the gym this morning, I noticed on the TV that was on CNN, they have an hour program called CNN on Trump. A whole HOUR on this moron tells me that he's got the liberals panties in a huge WAD.

As stated elsewhere tonight: "the price of clinging to one’s illusions is relentlessly exposed."

He sucks air time from all the candidates, but is much more damaging to the Republican side.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement