Home The Lodge

Guys, check out this sweet bomb I just made

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,541 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    They'd probably note that there's no explosive material in it and not be f-ing morons*.

*my statement not valid in Texas.

Absofreakinglutely!
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    In retrospect, what was the administration supposed to do? Look at the device and determine whether it was or was not safe?

Leading the child away in handcuffs was over the top.

I have no problem with the administration calling the cops, and I'd hope my school district would do the same. But apparently rational thought and response goes out the window when stupid cops lead probably the smartest kid away at that school in handcuffs because they wouldn't believe him when he said it's just a clock (and actually seemed to use that against him). FYI, he's suspended 3 days.

But god forbid someone be critical of some stupid cops doing something stupid or the anti-PC warriors will bleat about how society is ruined. RUINED!

You wanna know how you turn smart young muslims into terrorists? Being a f-in moron and arresting them when they actually do something smart. We're f-ed, and it has nothing to do with idiots being outraged (oh the irony) about PC culture gone mad.
    Joe K. wrote: »
    Nope. Outrage and PC is as dumb as it gets these days.

No. Outrage about the outrage is one click down on the dumb scale.
    Joe K. wrote: »
    Hex,

You haven't been paying attention ****!!! 2015 is the year of outrage and political correctness.

A circuit board with wires stuffed in a case at a time when school attacks are more prevalent now than ever...in today's PC world, it is not surprising in the least.

Zero tolerance (demanded by the public at large) is now a balancing act between safety and freedom. True story. Might as well get used to it.

You know what else has circuit boards? A computer. If this kid was not Muslim, they would have taken him at his word or at least the teacher's and notice there was nothing there that would explode.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    In retrospect, what was the administration supposed to do? Look at the device and determine whether it was or was not safe?

Yes!!! Especially when the kid's science teacher confirmed what it was!!!
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    And how pray tell are these things the same?

It was a joke.
    Sometimes with you wingnuts it is hard to tell. You know how sometimes you think an Onion article about Sarah Palin might be true.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 6,154 Senior Member
    It was a joke.
    Hey... who's the comic here? You leave your opinions at the door and let the experts decide on what is and what isn't what you say it is.

[grabs handcuffs. And vaseline.]
    It was a joke.

Well, in the spirit of this thread... it bombed.
    Did you guys miss where I congratulated the president on the classy move of inviting the kid? And condemned the school for it's over reaction?
    Sometimes with you wingnuts it is hard to tell. You know how sometimes you think an Onion article about Sarah Palin might be true.

Come on man.
    Did you guys miss where I congratulated the president on the classy move of inviting the kid? And condemned the school for it's over reaction?

Oh, looks who not admitting it was a bomb!?! Get in the cell, Mohamed.
    Oh, looks who not admitting it was a bomb!?! Get in the cell, Mohamed.

No, it bombed. They can't all be gems.

Since this has never happened in the history of ever, I assumed that was sarcasm.

You condemned them for handcuffs, not thinking it was a bomb.

Leading the child away in handcuffs was over the top.
    No, it bombed. They can't all be gems.

#Istandwithgingers
    Since this has never happened in the history of ever, I assumed that was sarcasm.

You condemned them for handcuffs, not thinking it was a bomb.

No it wasn't sarcasm.

I can't condemn them for that, though. They aren't electronic experts. Every school in the country goes on lockdown for any threat. They have to. What happens the one time a threat is actually a credible one and it's ignored?
    No it wasn't sarcasm.

I can't condemn them for that, though. They aren't electronic experts. Every school in the country goes on lockdown for any threat. They have to. What happens the one time a threat is actually a credible one and it's ignored?

You don't have to be an expert to notice there was nothing there that would explode. Not to mention they did have an electronics expert, the kid's teacher, tell them it was a clock that he was making for class.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,020 Senior Member
    I have no problem with the administration calling the cops, and I'd hope my school district would do the same. But apparently rational thought and response goes out the window when stupid cops lead probably the smartest kid away at that school in handcuffs because they wouldn't believe him when he said it's just a clock (and actually seemed to use that against him). FYI, he's suspended 3 days.

I agree with you. Unfortunately it's all part of the zero tolerance policy now demanded by the public. Zero Tolerance gone mad???

Like I said... That this incident turned out like it did is not surprising at all.

This is probably the best worst day in this kids life...internet famous...invitations from Google, Facebook and the President....kids gonna get a free ride from here on out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk 2
    You don't have to be an expert to notice there was nothing there that would explode.

I don't want english teachers (that's who first reported about the clock) trying to determine if something can or can't explode. And knowing the science teachers I had... I'm not sure they are capable either.

There's nothing wrong with bringing in the proper authorities like the cops. where this shitshow went off the rails is the cops arresting the kid, and then the school compounding the issue by suspending him 3 days. For essentially being f-ing smarter than them.

As a scientist, it's heartbreaking thinking of this kid, who was incredibly proud of his creation, being lead away in handcuffs because dopes assumed the worst about some kid based partially on their own ignorance of science, ignorance of race, and ignorance of the kid's religion. People rail about how this country has turned to **** (their dopes), but one way to not do it is to start handcuffing kids who are enthusiastic about science and engineering.

English majors can get f-ed.
    But the science teacher was working with him on it, so he was well aware of the project. Plus I think even a HS Science teacher could tell you there was nothing there that would explode. They assumed the worst because he was Muslim. If Billy Joe Bob were capable of such a project his intentions would never have been questioned.
    They assumed the worst because he was Muslim.

If you look into the cesspool that is Irving, TX, this seems likely.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 6,154 Senior Member
    Am I the only one surprised there's Muslims in Irving, TX?
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    But the science teacher was working with him on it, so he was well aware of the project. Plus I think even a HS Science teacher could tell you there was nothing there that would explode. They assumed the worst because he was Muslim. If Billy Joe Bob were capable of such a project his intentions would never have been questioned.

And Obama invites him to the White House, fueling the speculation Obama himself is a closet Muslim. No, I'm not saying he is, only that he pours gas on the fire.
    flytrap wrote: »
    And Obama invites him to the White House, fueling the speculation Obama himself is a closet Muslim. No, I'm not saying he is, only that he pours gas on the fire.

The fire of stupidity should be ignored.

I cannot be concerned with what utterly stupid people think and neither should you.

They're everywhere. Thanks Obama!

Only a complete **** would suggest that it's a mistake inviting a child to the white house based on their enthusiasm for science.

Could you image your idiocy if Obama did this:
    photos-bush-kisses-abdullah.jpg
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,889 Senior Member
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    Aha, Bush was a secret Muslim too! That explains a lot. Probably took shelter in Islam when I failed to vote for him!
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,972 Senior Member

Does a sleeper cell have a snooze button.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement