Home The Lodge

Bush and Cheney...

2»

Replies

• EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 3,096 Senior Member
    Joe K. wrote: »
    It's unfortunate that it happened Ed, but worrying about it isn't going to change what happened in the past, and most likely won't prevent it from happening in the future.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-goodman/if-bush-is-a-war-criminal_b_5416535.html

The point of that article is that we have been led by war criminals since Truman if Bush and Cheney are war criminals, seems about right to me. I don't know about you, but I want that to change and accepting that as inevitable and criticising people for talking about it will not change that abhorrent behavior.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,227 Senior Member
    EdB wrote: »
    I don't know about you, but I want that to change and accepting that as inevitable and criticising people for talking about it will not change that abhorrent behavior.

Posting about it on a forum with about 8 active members will not change that abhorrent behavior either.

Just sayin'
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,210 Senior Member
    Joe K. wrote: »
    Posting about it on a forum with about 8 active members will not change that abhorrent behavior either.

Just sayin'

There's only you and Hex, the rest are his Nom de Plumes..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    It's true. I'm Ed B. And I'm Ed B's never talked about fat bike.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,554 Senior Member
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Ed,

You should get a fat bike.
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    Please tell us you will leave the country if she wins.
    Nah, I'll just sit back and watch the country self-destruct.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,367 Senior Member
    Hillary-phobia is taking hold. Its sad that she's so much more evil than any of the males that have run for president. (sarcasm alert)

As to the subject, i think the difference between Ed and many of us is that we are resigned to the reality of politicians on both sides who do whatever they want, even if against "international law" expecting to justify it with lies later. Ed actually thinks the U.S. should live by the ideals it broadcasts around the world as American. Most of us accept that the only international law is what you can get away with.

Our most moral president was probably Carter, and most consider him a failure, because among other things he refused to let the Shah of Iran kill protesters in the streets in order to stay in power. But If he had, the world would likely be a safer place today.

Just to cheer you up: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/02/03/clinton_tops_gopers_in_swing_state_poll_125484.html
    In all honesty my disagreement with Ed is that he sees conspiracy everywhere. I feel that Bush was incompetent, he thinks he was evil. He believes Bush falsified faulty intelligence because he wanted to take over the middle east. I believe that Bush believed faulty intelligence because it supported his worst fears.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Was it not a conspiracy among the Bush administration to lie about WMD in Iraq to the American people? Knowingly sending our troops to be killed in Iraq based on lies was not only a conspiracy, it was a criminal conspiracy. Not prosecuting those criminals makes a farce of the pronounced values of this country such as the rule of law and democracy. Incompetence or ignorance of the law is not an excuse.
    I have seen no credible evidence to support this conspiracy theory. The only thing I have seen is that they only trusted evidence that supported their beliefs. You so far have not proved that they knowingly lied and that they were aware all along that Saddam had no WMD program.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 6,017 Senior Member
    I have seen no credible evidence to support this conspiracy theory.

Send in the drones with thermite and cluster munitions. ;)
    I have seen no credible evidence to support this conspiracy theory. The only thing I have seen is that they only trusted evidence that supported their beliefs. You so far have not proved that they knowingly lied and that they were aware all along that Saddam had no WMD program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egqqCYSfV2k

Bush, Cheney, PNAC, & The Criminal Conspiracy To Invade Iraq

Uploaded on Aug 24, 2008

Enough information is presented in this short video to bring the entire Bush Administration up on charges of a criminal conspiracy to deceive the American Congress into allowing an unprovoked invasion of the sovereign nation of Iraq.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    creekguy wrote: »
    Hillary-phobia is taking hold. Its sad that she's so much more evil than any of the males that have run for president. (sarcasm alert)

Vince Foster > Joe Soptic's wife
    With that there were failures in the intelligence-gathering and analysis process within the Intelligence Community which led to the creation of inaccurate intelligence reports which misled both the executive and legislative branches of the U.S. government...

This much is true. Now if only Ed would understand that.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egqqCYSfV2k

Bush, Cheney, PNAC, & The Criminal Conspiracy To Invade Iraq

Uploaded on Aug 24, 2008

Enough information is presented in this short video to bring the entire Bush Administration up on charges of a criminal conspiracy to deceive the American Congress into allowing an unprovoked invasion of the sovereign nation of Iraq.

yes it would if any of it were true.
    yes it would if any of it were true.

Did you watch the video?
    I only had to see a couple of unsubstantiated lies to know it was not worth my time.
    Did you watch the video?

Is this like that time that you wanted us to watch the World Trade Center video to convince us that it was a conspiracy by the government?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement