Home The Lodge

New Document.....

EdBEdB Senior MemberPosts: 3,096 Senior Member
....proves no WMD in Iraq.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article42377.htm
Secret Document Shows CIA Reaction to Finding No WMD in Iraq

By David Swanson
The U.S. government invaded Iraq, devastated a society, killed upwards of a million people, wounded, traumatized, and displaced millions more.

July 15, 2015 "Information Clearing House" - The National Security Archive has posted several newly available documents Monday, one of them an account by Charles Duelfer of the search he led in Iraq for weapons of mass destruction, with a staff of 1,700 and the resources of the U.S. military. Duelfer was appointed by CIA Director George Tenet to lead a massive search after an earlier massive search led by David Kay had determined that there were no WMD stockpiles in Iraq. Duelfer went to work in January 2004, to find nothing for a second time, on behalf of people who had launched a war knowing full well that their own statements about WMDs were not true.

The fact that Duelfer states quite clearly that he found none of the alleged WMD stockpiles cannot be repeated enough, with 42 percent of Americans (and 51 percent of Republicans) still believing the opposite.

Replies

• flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    So? I think the majority realized, from the fact of not finding any, that there probably weren't WMDs in Iraq. Of course, you might reasonably assume by poison gassing his Kurdish population, an established fact, indications he could have more in stock. Okay, so he'd already used the WMDs he had on his own people. So, we didn't find any more. A document saying he didn't have them is pointless confirmation after the fact since we didn't find any new ones.
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 3,096 Senior Member
    flytrap wrote: »
    So? I think the majority realized, from the fact of not finding any, that there probably weren't WMDs in Iraq. Of course, you might reasonably assume by poison gassing his Kurdish population, an established fact, indications he could have more in stock. Okay, so he'd already used the WMDs he had on his own people. So, we didn't find any more. A document saying he didn't have them is pointless confirmation after the fact since we didn't find any new ones.

So, this is definitive proof that Bush and his cohorts deliberately lied us into an illegal invasion and occupation of Iraq, killing, maiming, and displacing millions of people and causing the rise of ISIS as a result.
    No, it isn't. It is ONLY proof they were wrong. Its only as lie if they KNEW there was no remaining WMDs. which, as I said, was reasonable to suspect after Saddam WMDed his own people.
    No, it isn't. It is ONLY proof they were wrong. Its only as lie if they KNEW there was no remaining WMDs. which, as I said, was reasonable to suspect after Saddam WMDed his own people.

Yes, it is. Bush knew there was no remaining WMD, so he absolutely lied us into war.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/05/divided-senate-committee_n_105374.html

Senate Report: Bush Used Iraq Intel He Knew Was False

"In making the case for war, the Administration repeatedly presented intelligence as fact when in reality it was unsubstantiated, contradicted, or even non-existent. As a result, the American people were led to believe that the threat from Iraq was much greater than actually existed. ... There is no question we all relied on flawed intelligence. But, there is a fundamental difference between relying on incorrect intelligence and deliberately painting a picture to the American people that you know is not fully accurate."
    I agree with that last sentence Ed, is the senate report public? I'd like to read it later when I have some time.
    I agree with that last sentence Ed, is the senate report public? I'd like to read it later when I have some time.

http://www.intelligence.senate.gov/publications
    9+ pages of report titles...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement