Curse You Butner

WetdogWetdog Senior MemberPosts: 5,149 Senior Member
Fishing??? All I get to do is go to the Doc, go to ER, come home, the next day the Er again, back for tests, then back for more tests...tomorrow I have a feeling I'll be in the hospital after just getting the call that every so often my heart stops beating for three seconds.

This has been going on now for nearly a week. Not too great for my wife since we ..er she is taking care of our grandson for ten days while his parents are on their delayed honeymoon. I hope I am still here when they get back.

Someday I'll fish again....or I'll be bait. I feel like horrible, gotta lay down...have some fun for me, I am not having any. Well not completely true as I've been getting great hospital pictures.

Take care.
I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
I find the willingness to give it up frightening.

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,286 Senior Member
    Well speaking as the son of a woman with 15% heart function, I can attest to the fact that modern medicine is pretty amazing. In the meantime, you will be in my prayers.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,969 Senior Member
    I hope you get better soon, Michael.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,899 Senior Member
    Take care Michael. We're praying for ya.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Take care of yourself Michael..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,780 Senior Member
    Stay strong, Michael. You are in my thoughts.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Good luck guy. I bet there's an Excellent chance they are going to fix you up.
    Oh,some advice. Every time i go in, I always forget to ask for that "enlargement". Don't make that mistake.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,869 Senior Member
    Our thoughts are with you. Best wishes.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,156 Senior Member
    Hope all goes well.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,641 Senior Member
    Hope you get better and can make it out fishing soon.

This is going on in your back yard right now...hex...you know where.

imagejpeg_2.jpg

Screenshot_2015-06-19-23-10-29-1-1.png

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    I never realized Joe had such a sadistic streak. Good luck Mike and p.m. sent.
    There are worse things in life than being a born cynic.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,969 Senior Member
    How the hell does Hex know where that is? I thought he died in his Accord last week?

Anyway, great, great fish. They are a bit bigger than the one I killed on Monday. I'm thinking of asking Sherb if I can plead down to involuntary fishslaughter and 4 hours of nymph fishing.
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    fish laughter?
    There are worse things in life than being a born cynic.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,641 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Anyway, great, great fish. They are a bit bigger than the one I killed on Monday.

Those weren't fish that I caught. Fish that friends of mine caught this past week/weekend. I wasn't able to make it out to join them since I had other stuff going on.
    I'm thinking of asking Sherb if I can plead down to involuntary fishslaughter and 4 hours of nymph fishing.

He he he...
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Be good, 'Dog and feel better.
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    get well, or as well as you can, Michael. We need your curmudgeonly presence around here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.