Home The Lodge

Crunch time

BuffcoBuffco Senior MemberPosts: 10,585 Senior Member
By end of June, I may be without gainful employment.

Really having a gut punch kind of day. Three more semesters and I'll have my associates in business.

It may not happen, but it may. Got a couple of options. Union mill work or union locomotive shop. Pay scale close to what I'm making now but I'm guaranteed to work nights for the next decade and not see my kids.

If you could spare a prayer or thought, I'd appreciate it. Feel pretty selfish at the same time, because I've got my family and my health.

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,564 Senior Member
    Prayers sent for you and your family.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,372 Senior Member
    I was unemployed for two years once: makes you feel pretty unimportant. Good luck.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 6,021 Senior Member
    My thoughts and best wishes to you and your family.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,210 Senior Member
    People like you are never without work for long.. Something will come up I'm positive..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,585 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    People like you are never without work for long.. Something will come up I'm positive..

Mike
    Thank you. Just wish I had my bachelor's already. Should've done it out of high school, but decided to work and have family first, along with putting the wife through school.

I'm out of the depressed funk now... Thank God and the Russians for vodka. Now I'm pissed and motivated. My kids aren't going to do without.

Thanks for the words guys. Don't know why I posted but just seeking some relief.
  • DblhaulDblhaul Member Posts: 63 Member
    Prayers sent for you and yours.
    Buffco wrote: »
    Don't know why I posted but just seeking some relief.

Hey it is scary we get it.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Come Monday there's going to be some things done that the boss has always nixed but I've always thought would be a positive step. F*** it. Maybe this will be the best thing that ever happened to me.

Thanks comic.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,210 Senior Member
    Yeah, sometimes it helps to bounce things off a few friends. It doesn't really solve much, but it gives you a chance to catch your breath and think things over..

Or you can tell the Lodge and take your chances..;)

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    Don't know why I posted but just seeking some relief.

Isn't that what the Lodge is for...getting $hit off your chest?

Hope you plan for tomorrow works out well. Keep your head up and continue the fight, you will come out on top in the end.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,683 Senior Member
    Best of luck to you, You've shown the kind of grit and determination that will get you through this.
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,280 Senior Member
    By end of June, I may be without gainful employment.

Really having a gut punch kind of day. Three more semesters and I'll have my associates in business.

It may not happen, but it may. Got a couple of options. Union mill work or union locomotive shop. Pay scale close to what I'm making now but I'm guaranteed to work nights for the next decade and not see my kids.

If you could spare a prayer or thought, I'd appreciate it. Feel pretty selfish at the same time, because I've got my family and my health.

I thought you were self employed?
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Good luck. Dont' tell these other clowns here, but you're way better than them. They suck.

[hitting send on private message.... ]
    Actually, send me your resume, Buffco. I'm looking for a butler.
    Hextall wrote: »
    Actually, send me your resume, Buffco. I'm looking for a butler.

Don't forget to attach the picture of yourself in your Speedo Jr.
    Yeah, and trim up around the edges of the speedo this time.

4acecc96083e0c838a885c64cb247fe8.jpg
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 2,307 Senior Member
    Three more semesters and I'll have my associates in business.

Be sure to share this information on your resume and if you get an interview be sure to let them know that you want to continue and finish this. That should help a bunch. When we were hiring (instead of laying off) I got to sit in on the interview boards and that is one thing that the HR people would get excited about. Someone who is looking to better themselves and proving it by going back to school.
    Good luck and I'm betting this will work out for the better.
    And whatever you do, do not mention any connection to The Lodge.
    George, Dave doesn't know how to give it a rest. The fact that nobody responds to his wacko posts, or even bothers to read them doesn't seem to sink in on him. Dave, why not join the humanity here, and enter the conversation. And don't bother to respond to this: I won't be reading it, nor will anyone else. What a waste.
    creekguy wrote: »
    And whatever you do, do not mention any connection to The Lodge.
    I was kinda hoping my posts here would be a bit of a resume enhancement.

No?

Don't worry about SDD. I ignore him.
    Resume Enhancement, You want Resume Enhancement?

The assembled multitudes here are hereby tasked to identify "resume enhancements" that come from posting on the Lodge.

On a serious note, you do realize if you do end up with a chance at a respectable job, the web may be searched for any and all activity by you. Ha, Ha. That may be why Brian D. is not a DA now. I assume our real names are "secret" here. We can only hope.
    Brian was a DA?
    If you google yourself, you may find you do not have as much presence as some assume. This is why I don't twitter or blog, I only facebook and I keep my privacy settings pretty high.
    Brian was a DA?

I think he once wore one.
    If you google yourself, you may find you do not have as much presence as some assume. This is why I don't twitter or blog, I only facebook and I keep my privacy settings pretty high.

Yeah, my name only brings up pictures of some swanky Chinese model dude, a pastor's website, and some artist crap.

Now, if you Google Buffco? I'm screwed.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 6,314 Senior Member
    Yeah, my name only brings up pictures of some swanky Chinese model dude, a pastor's website, and some artist crap.

Now, if you Google Buffco? I'm screwed.
    Not really. A lot of the pics that I know to be related to you are sherb's ditch witch adventures....
    Brian was a DA?

****, I would have thought for sure you meant to hit P instead of A.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,683 Senior Member
    Brian was a DA?

Personal injury atty. "No Blood No Brian" as he said once or twice here.
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    By posting at the Lodge you can claim to be somewhat computer literate... maybe not very smart, but computer literate. "Capable of networking?"
    flytrap wrote: »
    By posting at the Lodge you can claim to be somewhat computer literate... maybe not very smart, but computer literate. "Capable of networking?"

Yeah with some of the threads you've started you could easily claim to be a community organizer. If that doesn't pad your resume what will?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement