Home The Lodge

If You Don't Agree w Gay Marriage You Are Screwed

jbillyjbilly Senior MemberPosts: 6,023 Senior Member
No cake = discrimination
No pizza = discrimination
Sure I will make you some wedding rings for your gay nuptials = how could you; you hateful discriminatory bigot.

Isn't it fantastic how tolerant the left is? Even when you don't discriminate they do.

You either support gay marriage 100% or you are a bigot. Your right to an opinion can't be tolerated.

What a bunch of nut jobs.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/418801/tolerant-jeweler-who-harbored-impure-opinion-same-sex-marriage-charles-c-w-cooke

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,564 Senior Member
    did you believe it was okay to boycott the Dixie Chicks for having an impure thought about W?
    One could be forgiven for wondering how we are all supposed to keep up. Last month, as Indiana’s rather tame religious-freedom legislation was being torched by the mob

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/418801/tolerant-jeweler-who-harbored-impure-opinion-same-sex-marriage-charles-c-w-cooke

Hyperbole much?

BTW what is wrong with the jeweler saying, "Sorry all sales are final?"

And also they did not just happen to find out he was opposed to gay marriage, he campaigned against it.

http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Local/2015-05-18/article-4150483/Jeweller-says-he-has-been-bullied,-threatened/1
    She and her fiancée, Pam Renouf, don’t mind doing business with people whose beliefs are different from their own, she said, but it’s disrespectful to display the message in a business.

Jardon said the women were very nice to work with, and he believes the media attention surrounding the issue is getting some things confused.

“They’ve never been disrespectful in any way, or rude or hateful towards us, and we’ve done exactly the same. We’ve never, ever disrespected them in any way in that sense, directly. I think there seems to be a confusion,” he said.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,210 Senior Member
    This wouldn't happen in a Catholic country like Ireland..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,570 Senior Member
    I'm against all forms of marriage... what does that make me?
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,374 Senior Member
    Gay marriage? Just like the other kind. Cut to the chase: Find a partner who hates you and buy them a house.
    swizz wrote: »

A horrible choice to bake a wedding cake.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,374 Senior Member
    That site has been spamjacked.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 6,023 Senior Member
    And also they did not just happen to find out he was opposed to gay marriage, he campaigned against it.

http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Local/2015-05-18/article-4150483/Jeweller-says-he-has-been-bullied,-threatened/1

Holy crap they knew that going in. What a pair of insufferable ****. How pathetic and awful.

A genius.....
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,210 Senior Member

Hextall, you're up..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    jbilly wrote: »
    Holy crap they knew that going in. What a pair of insufferable ****. How pathetic and awful.

I don't think they did. Otherwise why do the fitting?
    The controversy over the poster heated up after a same-sex couple who had bought a custom engagement ring from the store found out about the messages on display and asked for a refund — which he agreed to give them Monday afternoon.

Notice the timeline.
    I'm not sure about the timing, however, it has no baring at all. He never denied them services. Who gives two $hits if he campaigned against gay marriage.

The whole point is his beliefs shouldn't matter one lick. He sold them the rings. Who cares what he thinks. Why should it matter? It wouldn't matter to sane people. The whole **** point is he didn't discriminate against them at all and they are still pissed...it is freaking unbelievable.
    So you think that the Dixie Chicks should not have been black balled from Country Radio?

BTW you writer deceptively implies they delved into his heart to find about his beliefs. If someone is going to actively campaign against your equality, why should you give him your business. They are doing what you free market types insist should be the solution, and yet that is not enough for you. We must fully support your prejudices or we are bullies.
    So you think that the Dixie Chicks should not have been black balled from Country Radio?

BTW you writer deceptively implies they delved into his heart to find about his beliefs. If someone is going to actively campaign against your equality, why should you give him your business. They are doing what you free market types insist should be the solution, and yet that is not enough for you. We must fully support your prejudices or we are bullies.

I think the dixie chicks suck and always have. I like country music and never liked them. That being said if I had bought their album and then would have been pissed off by their position I wouldn't have demanded a refund. Why...because that would be idiotic.

Celebrities positions are frequently well known. Store owners and staff probably not so much.

If people care about someone's beliefs I guess they better start running a background check on them before thy shop at their store.
    Right all the way up until the store owner made it well known. This was not about his secret desires as your lying **** "reporter" would have you believe. This was about openly campaigning against their rights. They have every right to not support a business where the owner would gladly take their rights. If he had put up a sign after a black person had put down a deposit saying how he didn't think black people deserved equal rights, would you complain about them asking for their deposit back?

If the title of this thread were honest it would read, "When you openly claim homosexuals should be treated as second class citizens they will not buy your goods and the public will turn against you."
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    A genius.....

+1 .
    IIRC the bible says homosexuality is an abomination, I don't recall whether it says flatly you should discriminate against them, but the hint is obviously there.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,693 Senior Member
    flytrap wrote: »
    IIRC the bible says homosexuality is an abomination, I don't recall whether it says flatly you should discriminate against them, but the hint is obviously there.

Trouble is, we live in a constitutional republic, not a theocracy. Lovers of theocracy should convert to Islam and live in an area controlled by ISIS.:o

BTW - How does one enter a small jewelry store and not notice a poster that is displayed there?
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    I'm not understanding how that National Review story was full of lies. One of you enlightened types clue me in.
    Rather, they found him to be charming and pleasant and happy to acquiesce, and, having been suitably impressed by his offering, they happily entered into a contract with him. And then, having later uncovered what was in his heart, they refused to take “Yes” for an answer.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/418801/tolerant-jeweler-who-harbored-impure-opinion-same-sex-marriage-charles-c-w-cooke

They didn't later uncover what was in his heart. The man had put up signs in his store opposing their marriage. He was actively campaigning against their marriage.

Leaving that piece of information out was a lie by omission.
    Which is ultimately to say that White and Renouf sought to break their contract — not, you will note, because he was rude or because he failed to deliver on his promises, but because they made a window into his soul and they did not like what they saw — and then, when he objected, to subject him to bullying and to threats until he caved. Is that “tolerance”?

Again no window into soul. There was an actual sign and they did not bully him. They simply requested a refund, which he agreed to.

Why should they give business to a man that publicly proclaims in his place of business that they are unworthy and should be treated as second class citizens?
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 3,119 Senior Member
    Not second class citizens they are sick citizens. They need help.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member

No they didn't. From the article, the jewerly store owner said, “We understand now that these attacks have nothing to do with Nicole or Pam they have been really nice and just want their money back to go buy elsewhere so we are giving them their money back.”

You should read more better, you insufferable ****.
    Buford wrote: »
    Not second class citizens they are sick citizens. They need help.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTi-vWtdR4PE9K26kn5UaEdaUKds9D5dR1DJXnuH1Uuid1vPz0E
    american-pie-dad.gif
    George K wrote: »
    Trouble is, we live in a constitutional republic, not a theocracy.
    Yep, that's the source of the problem. It's the right to the pursuit of happiness versus freedom of religion. Does non-tradition couple A&B's desire to have a traditional wedding (which is mostly based on religion) trump Rev. C's right to refuse based on religious beliefs?

As you pointed out, this isn't a theocracy, where the problem wouldn't arise, because the theocracy would just call the swordsman.
    Nobody is saying a reverend has to perform a wedding that is against his religious beliefs. Right now you cannot insist a Catholic priest marry you if you are not Catholic.
    George K wrote: »
    Trouble is, we live in a constitutional republic, not a theocracy. Lovers of theocracy should convert to Islam and live in an area controlled by ISIS.:o

BTW - How does one enter a small jewelry store and not notice a poster that is displayed there?

Maybe it wasn't there when they made the deposit.
    Nobody is saying a reverend has to perform a wedding that is against his religious beliefs. Right now you cannot insist a Catholic priest marry you if you are not Catholic.
    Of course that's at the extreme end of the spectrum, but illustrates the point. Where does one person's rights infringe on another's? Lots of gray area depending on circumstances, timing, the individuals involved, and who gets to say who is right? It'll bounce like a rubber ball up to SCOTUS over and over.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,693 Senior Member
    flytrap wrote: »
    Yep, that's the source of the problem. It's the right to the pursuit of happiness versus freedom of religion. Does non-tradition couple A&B's desire to have a traditional wedding (which is mostly based on religion) trump Rev. C's right to refuse based on religious beliefs?

As you pointed out, this isn't a theocracy, where the problem wouldn't arise, because the theocracy would just call the swordsman.

Clearly you do not understand what a wedding/marriage is and the role of clergy in it.

Marriage is a civil contract requiring a license issued by the state. The participation of clergy is purely optional, but when clergy officiates they are acting as an agent of the state. No member of the clergy can be forced to perform the ceremony (on behalf of the state).
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 6,318 Senior Member
    So... does gay marriage lead to incest, or incest to gay marriage? Maybe they are right about this whole "slippery slope" thing....

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/once-father-and-son-now-a-married-couple-120039861077.html

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement