Home The Lodge

It really dead today

2»

Replies

• GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,928 Senior Member
    Joe K. wrote: »
    I'll be on vacation starting at 1pm tomorrow and don't return to work until Monday June 1.

That's a lot of fat biking and fishing guys.

I would say come on out but all the water around here is a tad high.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,210 Senior Member
    Well, that's four pages of my life I can never get back..

Mike aka Fabian
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,276 Senior Member
    I would say come on out but all the water around here is a tad high.

I bet!

Skipping Montana this year and headed to Colorado instead. Something new and different.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,372 Senior Member
    Any ideas on where to fish in Tampa Bay-Clearwater beach area. I'm going to the beach, but maybe I'll bring a rod.
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    I leave for the Outer Banks two weeks from tomorrow. I'm bringing clousers and an 8 wt.

Hey Fabs - that ox ain't gonna harness itself, and that field ain't gonna plow itself. Get on the stick.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 6,020 Senior Member
    I just got done with a meeting with a bunch of tools reviewing a specification I wrte. All these choads have to put their comments in a tool called Collaborator, about as 4hitty as Share point. Anyway I can see each and everyone of their comments...it is all written right there for me...I can freaking read. But no, we have to go through ever single one of their comments and I have to address how it will be fixed and my responses to how I fix them must be captured in to tool.

For example and no I am not making this up.

Comment. There needs to be a space added between the word "Figure 3.4.2.1-1 ThermalHistogram"
    My response...I will add a space

No...you must document it and say
    Ï will change the title of Figure 3.4.2.1-1 to read "Figure 3.4.2.1-1 Thermal Histogram"

The best part is the document must be written in another program call DOORS. Luckily I couldn't make real time changes because that would be too efficient. I could have finished **** near all of it if I could have just made the **** changes instead of the stupid meeting.

And you SOBs wonder why things like F35s cost 100 million bucks....your tax dollars at work!

The worst part....my FIL and his GF are here...they met in AA...I can't even drown my sorrows right now.

FML!
    seppala wrote: »
    I leave for the Outer Banks two weeks from tomorrow. I'm bringing clousers and an 8 wt.

Hey Fabs - that ox ain't gonna harness itself, and that field ain't gonna plow itself. Get on the stick.

I'm retired, I leave that **** to the young folks.. I'll just sit here and philosophize.. And what's this crap about the Outer Banks, it's planting time..

Mike aka Fabs
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    I just got done with a meeting with a bunch of tools reviewing a specification I wrte. All these choads have to put their comments in a tool called Collaborator, about as 4hitty as Share point. Anyway I can see each and everyone of their comments...it is all written right there for me...I can freaking read. But no, we have to go through ever single one of their comments and I have to address how it will be fixed and my responses to how I fix them must be captured in to tool.

Comment. There needs to be a space added between the word "Figure 3.4.2.1-1 ThermalHistogram"

Ï will change the title of Figure 3.4.2.1-1 to read "Figure 3.4.2.1-1 Thermal Histogram"

The best part is the document must be written in another program call DOORS. Luckily I couldn't make real time changes because that would be too efficient. I could have finished **** near all of it if I could have just made the **** changes instead of the stupid meeting.

And you SOBs wonder why things like F35s cost 100 million bucks....your tax dollars at work!

The worst part....my FIL and his GF are here...they met in AA...I can't even drown my sorrows right now.

FML!

whoa. You win.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,276 Senior Member

FML!

So offer them a drink. :D

Joe

Who is happy working at a ma and pa operation and doesn't have to deal with things called SharePoint or Collaborater.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,675 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »

Mike aka Fabian

So,

Do you want us...

All to understand
    That now you are a man,
    And turn you loose, oooo ahhhh?

p.s. Some here - who shall go nameless, I not among them - are breathing heavily because you've got some change in your pocket, and are ready to go.
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
    Fabian is my Wisconsin Nom de Plume..

Mike
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,675 Senior Member

FML!

For free, I will let you in on a secret that took me years to figure out. In any large organization in any field of endeavor there will be two things, rules and exhortations to work smarter and save money. It's as certain as death and taxes.

It is foolish to work smarter and save money if you go outside the rules. You only will get your knuckles rapped. They do not want you to save money or be more efficient. They just want you to follow their stupid effing rules.

So don't let them know what you are doing, just find another rule that allows you to do it.

In some fields you can get around this because there are voluminous sets of rules printed and bound. Preachers and true believers have the Bible. Judges and lawyers have the CFR and other laws, and hundreds of years of precedence cases. In big corporations, the military and the Foreign Service there are manuals that prescribe in great detail how every little thing should be done. Of course these manuals are like the Bible; they are chock full of rules and instructions that are contradictory. So decide what you want to do, then find a rule that says you can.
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    I thought the golden rule of management went along these lines: In every organization there is one person who understands what is going on. Find that person and fire them.
    ex-PFC Wintergreen.
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,570 Senior Member
    bleh..... it's not dead up here.
    17353873875_90f9b81083_h.jpg25 Inch Cuttbow by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
    Beauty fish!!

Mike
    again in two days if this weather breaks, REI hole produces
    Most mountain streams here don't open till June 16th to protect the spawn. Off to the pothole lakes all next week..

Mike
    That's one of those really small nets, isn't it.

(gnashes teeth as he has been trapped in Denver for weeks.)
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 6,020 Senior Member
    swizz wrote: »
    bleh..... it's not dead up here.

Great looking slab Swizz. **** I've got to quit working so much and get out.

This weather sucks! We were supposed to go to Giants Rockies game today. It eventually started but we wussed out. Was pouring and hailing on the way to game. We gave up after the delay was over 1 hour. Took almost 2.5

Drove by Bear Creek reservoir on way home; holy crap it is up over 40 feet (flood control, but ****).

Edit: PS. I thought you had no water up that way this year. ;)
    Fish'In Buddy 2 for side scan & GPS/finder for the depths on a float cat ? What, no trolling motor ?
    Flipping for exercise.... plus I need a new marine battery, so no motor again until maybe next week when I pick up another battery. Then back to lazy, fishing should be more lazy.
    Using a Humminbird only, a good unit. I kilt and chopped the head off the Fishin Buddy years ago and just use that black stem to mount the Humminbird transducer.
    jbilly.... I hear ya on the frickin weather. Killin my outdoor home project scheduling for this month. It'll be an extended mud season.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement