Home The Lodge

It really dead today

Deader than fried chicken.

Replies

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,693 Senior Member
    It are. .......
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Dead is a doornale.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Some of us are in mourning!

Goodbye sweet Letterman.
    by the way, I'm starving now for fried chicken. thanks for nothing, jerk.
    FYI, I'm on a company wide staff meeting, and someone put their phone on hold, and it's playing some sweet sweet jazz, and people are getting furious.
    It was Delaney. We got it sorted out. She's been fired.
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Why furious? Delaney was just trying to spice things up.
    Right now is the Partner Moment. This month's partner moment is being done by Shelly. She has a son and a daughter. She loves wine, travel and the ocean.

Kill me. Over and over again. Kill me.
    Laura, Amy and Jill just got recognized about their professional accomplishments.

Ann is now giving the "You Rock" award to a coworker. She gave it to Barbara.

Men are second fiddle here.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,564 Senior Member
    You should say you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain. That you're not into yoga, and you have half a brain.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    There's a lot of problems because in order to stop playing Delaney's hold music, everyone got muted, and when it's a person's turn to talk there's a big kerfuffle.

Just a reminder. We are one of the top environmental engineering companies in the country, but we can't figure out how to unmute people.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,585 Senior Member
    Did you know the pencils Letterman kept on his desk had erasers at both ends? This was to keep from injuring someone when he threw them.
    We just went through new hires, and one guy has a last name of Co, and he has a mohawk that you could count the comb lines on.
    uh oh... company wide utilization has dipped the past couple of months. Probably a lot of posting on the Lodge by someone. I'll figure it out.
    This would be funnier if his first name were Am.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Or it was his first name and he was Louis CK's brother.
    Better....
    Now we're going through tools that we can use in our timesheet software. Riveting.
    We just got scolded for some people using different fonts when filling in the comments on their timesheet. It messes up the invoice.

First Letterman and now Comic Sans typed comments? this sucks.
    This is like that episode of Seinfeld where Kramer and Newman ran out of things to say on the Merv Griffin set.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,693 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    We just got scolded for some people using different fonts when filling in the comments on their timesheet. It messes up the invoice.

First Letterman and now Comic Sans typed comments? this sucks.

One of the better things about being retired is not having to attend staff meetings and regional conferences.
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    My ideal meeting:

It lasts less than 5 minutes.

It has one participant. . .me.
    sherb wrote: »
    My ideal meeting:

It lasts less than 5 minutes.

It has one participant. . .me.

One presentation for the "meeting": a shirtless Arnold lifting weights.

Also, one tissue will be provided to every attendee.
    Guys, we have until June 5th to submit some ideas about how we can be a better company. The Strategy Committee has set up a page on Sharepoint.

I'm going to submit we get company berets.
    People just cheered that we don't have to use our login to get to and use the new Sharepoint site. I have no idea what's going on.

And now we're done. See everyone in June!
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,287 Senior Member
    I'll be on vacation starting at 1pm tomorrow and don't return to work until Monday June 1.

That's a lot of fat biking and fishing guys.
    I have nothing else to add to this thread except these muslims raving:
    I lied, here are some Goths dancing to Taylor Swift. Now I'm done.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 2,307 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    I have nothing else to add to this thread except these muslims raving:

That's the "I hate and will kill all Americans" dance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement