Told you so

13»

Replies

• seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    Oh, this definitely needs its own thread.

Seconded.

• seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    I'm confused which is which.

I'm both, so that's your first clue.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,237 Senior Member
    seppala wrote: »
    Seconded.

Motion carries.

Steven, either start the thread or we'll start it for you. I have questions.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    This thread has just the right mix of opinions and ****.

All mouth and ****, with both parts interchangeable. As the saying goes..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    Would anyone like to see a picture of my hog with the prolapsed rectum? Since we're talking about pigs and ****.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,181 Senior Member
    This thread has just the right mix of opinions and ****.

Don't leave out the swinging balls.
    Would anyone like to see a picture of my hog with the prolapsed rectum? Since we're talking about pigs and ****.

Was Butner your assistant?
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,983 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    Guys, I have a honda accord. It has a trailer hitch.

You're a good man.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,983 Senior Member
    CO Native wrote: »
    I just laugh whenever these clowns call a toyota or nissan a truck. Only good for hauling mesh trailers with 3 pigs in 'em. I could do that with my Caddy (actually faster for sure).

I don't understand. Both my Titan and the Tundra are rated to pull about ~10,000 lbs. Can you do that with your Caddy?
    CO Native wrote: »
    I just laugh whenever these clowns call a toyota or nissan a truck. Only good for hauling mesh trailers with 3 pigs in 'em. I could do that with my Caddy (actually faster for sure).

Bet your caddy couldn't get back in the field where the hog barn is.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,482 Senior Member
    Probably as good as they can. I know it has more HP and torque than they do.
    It's getting to be the same here but more and more people are specializing like that. I'm advertising pasture raised hogs, which is kind of a crock because they require more than just grazing. But it makes people feel good that the hogs had a field to run and root in before I shoot them in the skull and rip their hide off, so they're willing to pay.

We're doing the same for cattle. My biggest salesman is Monsanto, and the news media with their horror stories about growth hormones and antibiotics in meat.

But crockery aside, my meat is vastly superior to what you buy in the supermarket.

I found a butcher that sources antibiotic and hormone free meat.. Silly thing is they've been in business for 3 generations. I used to buy there 40 years ago when I lived in the area and my wife remembers going to the store as a child.
    I'm cutting back on red meat so I was looking for quality chicken, they sell free range and yes you can taste and smell the difference..

Mike
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Would anyone like to see a picture of my hog with the prolapsed rectum?

Breamfisher has a bunch of these pictures.
    ricinus wrote: »
    I found a butcher that sources antibiotic and hormone free meat.. Silly thing is they've been in business for 3 generations. I used to buy there 40 years ago when I lived in the area and my wife remembers going to the store as a child.
    I'm cutting back on red meat so I was looking for quality chicken, they sell free range and yes you can taste and smell the difference..

Mike

It's definitely a growing industry and one I'm hoping to capitalize on.

I've raised chickens and turkeys for my own consumption before. I'd like to do it again, it's just messy as hell plucking feathers. I'd rather butcher a hog than a chicken.
    It's definitely a growing industry and one I'm hoping to capitalize on.

I've raised chickens and turkeys for my own consumption before. I'd like to do it again, it's just messy as hell plucking feathers. I'd rather butcher a hog than a chicken.

I guess you have to raise a lot of chickens to make it cost effective.. We have a Chicken Marketing Board regulates production and if you exceed a certain number, you require a quota.
    Nice way to keep those uppity farmers in line and protect the Factory ranches.

Eff'n Govt..

Mike
    ricinus wrote: »
    I guess you have to raise a lot of chickens to make it cost effective.. We have a Chicken Marketing Board regulates production and if you exceed a certain number, you require a quota.
    Nice way to keep those uppity farmers in line and protect the Factory ranches.

Eff'n Govt..

Mike
    As with a lot of farming the cost effectiveness or lack thereof has to be tempered with the fact that you are getting a healthier product.

And it's manly.
    As with a lot of farming the cost effectiveness or lack thereof has to be tempered with the fact that you are getting a healthier product.

And it's manly.

Not if you name your animals after Princesses..

Mike
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Moved to Steven's gun post
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,576 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    Breamfisher has a bunch of these pictures.
    Note: be careful when you give Buffco your phone number.

And BTW, how many ginger hogs have you guys seen? Buffco seems to have a few....
    And BTW, how many ginger hogs have you guys seen? Buffco seems to have a few....

None named after princesses...Buffco jr, Buffco III, Buffco IV......

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.