For the record

Replies

• ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    GFY...:p

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,933 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Saying it always exists doesn't help much either, bub. Duke lacrosse didn't bring us closer, Tawanna Brawley didn't bring us closer, the kids in the football stand that got expelled didn't bring us closer, Ferguson didn't bring us closer. The list goes on and on....

breaking a guys spine in half is not Tawanna Brawley. You know why you conservatives have to keep bringing up the same two examples? Because they are the only two you have.

You mean Ferguson where the police force, court system and government were found to be filled with racists? That Ferguson?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    George K wrote: »
    Keep it civil and no personal insults. This thread is beginning to circle the drain, please don't be the one who sends it forever south.

Hint - Symbolism OK, metaphors not OK. So, one may say that someone is acting like a whining female dog. And, one may not say that that someone is a whining female dog. But never with F-bombs or similarly colorful expressions that.

So if I say that statements being made sound like those that would come from an obtuse heartless worm, that would be okay. BTW Steve-o threw the first low blow.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • ricinus wrote: »
    I look on it as a challenge to do the impossible..

Mike

Clever. I am entertained.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,966 Senior Member
    They have specialty made devices just for that very procedure.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

• See? She's all **** that the media isn't covering "the real story." But if you don't control the narrative, the press will do it for you.

You guys want the story of Freddie gray covered, but that won't happen until the streets are clear. And it's quite obvious that the Baltimore PD is not going to hand the protesters a gift like pointing sniper rifles at protesters.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    "I’m overwhelmed by the pervasive slandering of protesters in Baltimore this weekend for not remaining peaceful." Wow.
    See? She's all **** that the media isn't covering "the real story." But if you don't control the narrative, the press will do it for you.

You guys want the story of Freddie gray covered, but that won't happen until the streets are clear. And it's quite obvious that the Baltimore PD is not going to hand the protesters a gift like pointing sniper rifles at protesters.

Yeah that was the wrong article. Too much whiny white guilt even for me.

This is what I meant to post.

http://mic.com/articles/116702/10-images-of-the-baltimore-riots-you-won-t-be-seeing-on-tv
    CDuUk0BVEAA9j68.jpg:large

Somewhere in there is some kid's dad just waiting to kick his butt.
  • breaking a guys spine in half is not Tawanna Brawley. You know why you conservatives have to keep bringing up the same two examples? Because they are the only two you have.

You mean Ferguson where the police force, court system and government were found to be filled with racists? That Ferguson?

That's four.

I was referring to the Ferguson that exploded because the population was told that an evil racist white cop shot a cuddle bear called Big Mike in the back while he was running away with his hands up.

Empathy runs two ways, I have a lot more empathy for Wilson for having his life destroyed doing his job than I do for Brown. Push around a storeowner half your size, fight with a cop, try to take his gun, you make your own bed.
  • So if I say that statements being made sound like those that would come from an obtuse heartless worm, that would be okay. BTW Steve-o threw the first low blow.

Yawn,

Post 162.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,924 Senior Member
    Clever. I am entertained.

Glad you're having fun. "We are entertained" would have been just a bit over the top.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,924 Senior Member
    So if I say that statements being made sound like those that would come from an obtuse heartless worm, that would be okay. BTW Steve-o threw the first low blow.

Whoa! When did this thread morph into one about campaign speeches?
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Joe K. wrote: »
    The rap sheet of the dude they are destroying Baltimore over...

This isn't just about Gray getting his spine severed. Anyone that thinks this is just about him is as dumb as those rocks the punks are throwing.
    Joe K. wrote: »

If he is such a horrible person, tell us why was he not in prison? All of those things carry 10 year sentences. So if he was ever actually guilty of any of them he would not be on the street. Sounds more to me like he has an excellent excuse for running from officers that had it out for him.
    Steven wrote: »
    Yawn,

Post 162.

You are such a whiner and illiterate. I did not call you racist. But you are blind or naive if you do not think that a white kid would have not been given the benefit of the doubt if he was playing with the same toy.
    Get real, the kid was reaching for what appeared to be a gun.
    When I was a kid I had one of these and would run around our local park pointing at imaginary bad guys and pretending to shoot them all the time. In your world I would be dead by now.

Try again.

If I were black was about the cops not you. But then again admitting mistakes was never your thing.
  • Sure...the white kid in Encino up in the hills dressed in khaki's and a polo.

A white kid in East Hollywood dressed in a hoodie with jeans hanging below his ****? He's probably dead.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,319 Senior Member
    Do we know what actually happened to Gray? Was he tackled?
  • Buffco wrote: »
    Do we know what actually happened to Gray? Was he tackled?

No one knows yet. He gets taken in, something happens, and his spinal cord gets severed. He later dies as a result.
    Not to belabor this conversation, but if you sat where I sit, you would see that the threat of a federal lawsuit acts as a strong deterrent to police misconduct.

http://data.baltimoresun.com/news/police-settlements/
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,091 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    This isn't just about Gray getting his spine severed. Anyone that thinks this is just about him is as dumb as those rocks the punks are throwing.

Of course not. But the rioters as as dumb as the rocks they are throwing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,091 Senior Member
    If he is such a horrible person, tell us why was he not in prison? All of those things carry 10 year sentences. So if he was ever actually guilty of any of them he would not be on the street. Sounds more to me like he has an excellent excuse for running from officers that had it out for him.

Probably not in prison for the same reason a lot of people aren't in prison. The places are full so people get off with a lesser charge unless they are a bigger threat to society.

The officers didn't have it out for him. His criminal record indicates he brought it upon himself to be watched by the cops.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

• I know this is supposed to be some awesome zinger. What is it?
  • 107 people between 2011 and 2014 settled cases with Baltimore PD for allegations of police brutality, unlawful attention and false arrest.

This would seem like a lot. On the other hand, 36,000 crimes were reported in Baltimore over the same period (not mentioned). Any guess what percentage of reported crimes might lead to arrests?
    I know this is supposed to be some awesome zinger. What is it?

You claim lawsuits are a deterrent. Well here we have evidence that maybe they aren't.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.