Student debt revolt

13»

Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Also, if you didn't have a US president as a fellow alum... don't even talk to me. You and your "school" are pieces of ****.

PJ-BG318_SP_UNI_DV_20120403214741.jpg
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Did your school have its own private surfing beach?
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    this is why i only go to schools with division i hockey programs.

484500607.jpg

bofa deez pucks!!
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • Hextall wrote: »
    Also, if you didn't have a US president as a fellow alum... don't even talk to me. You and your "school" are pieces of ****.

Now that dope is being legalized, Cal's got a shot.
  • According to the New Yorker, the Debt Collective bought the debt from Everest College.

Can I sue the New Yorker?
  • This is America, my man. All roads lead to lawyers.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,914 Senior Member
    But there are no illusions on Canal Street — everybody knows exactly what is going on.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/414357/student-loan-default-not-moral-good-kevin-d-williamson

Here is what is funny about this. Yes everyone knows they are not buying a Gucci handbag and Gucci never lost a sale, because those people were not going to pay for a Gucci. But I do get that it is a theft of intellectual property and Gucci has every right to be butt hurt. But it actually costs them nothing.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    So far I am agree with this guy but how can you read someone make a comment like this "This is classic leftist misdirection." and not think what an ****?

And how the hell is this even relevant?
    Michelle Obama famously complained about having to make cumbrous student-loan payments early in life, blithely oblivious, as she tends to be, that one has a moral obligation to pay one’s debts, and that student loans are generally made at concessionary interest rates, meaning that somebody, somewhere, is doing you a favor by lending you money at below-market rates.

She was simply stating that it was an annoying and burdensome obligation that we all must bear.

Such arrogant assholery is difficult for me to read.
    the problem of subprime lending in the private sector by replacing it with subprime lending by the government.

One is not allowed to default on student loans, apples and orangutans.

Okay I cannot read any further, this guy wanders all over the place, I do not have all day to see if he ever attempts to make a point.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • He writes for a conservative magazine. What did you expect him to say? Elizabeth Warren for President?
    Actually he was good in the first three paragraphs the rest was tripe.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    All this debt issue could had been avoided if government had seen the great value of continuing funding to allow low tuition in the state colleges. The country benefits from maximum use of its brain power, while schools don't have to lower standards to attract tuition paying students (can you say grade inflation).
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 36 Member
    Hex, did this team always use two goalies?
    Happy Trails !!!!!!!
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    How else could a David beat a goliath?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.