Its going to be a long election cycle.

I'm already sick of it.

Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    All I want is something as candidate-defining as Obama's step brother he's never met living on a dollar a day in Africa.
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,926 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    I'm already sick of it.

If everybody ignores it maybe it will go away.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    It's sad that you continually have to choose the lesser of evils..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    It'll be interesting to see Walker implode, and Christie try to perform on a national stage.

It'll be boring to see Huckabee and Santorum do the same thing they did in 2008 and 2012, respectively.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,181 Senior Member
    Which will last longer

a) The presidential election cycle
    b) Hex's menstrual cycle
    c) BOFA
  • Walker is the front runner as of today...so you know it's only a matter of time before the mistresses turn up. Or the article he wrote for the yearbook club in junior high.

I'm even too cynical for myself
    Walker is the front runner as of today...so you know it's only a matter of time before the mistresses turn up. Or the article he wrote for the yearbook club in junior high.

I'm even too cynical for myself

Walker doesn't even need that, in my opinion. He's just not politically adept enough to make it through a loooonnnngggg republican primary. He's a less nutty Palin.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,539 Senior Member
    I'm already sick of it.

Try to avoid Fox, MSNBC, Network news and CNN. Then it won't seem so long. Anything any candidate says right now is designed for them to have a good showing in Iowa and who cares what Iowa thinks? They picked Michelle Bachman for cripes sake.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • ricinus wrote: »
    It's sad that you continually have to choose the lesser of evils..

Mike

On the plus side, we only have to choose the lesser of two evils. You have to choose the lesser of six.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,983 Senior Member
    seppala wrote: »
    Walker doesn't even need that, in my opinion. He's just not politically adept enough to make it through a loooonnnngggg republican primary. He's a less nutty Palin.

You never know. Elected twice plus survived a recall election. In addition eliminated almost all collective bargaining rights and right to work is next...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/24/wisconsin-right-to-work_n_6748222.html
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,799 Senior Member
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • We are gonna go through this 18 month election cycle, and in the end its going to be Bush v. Clinton. . .again.

Next up: Chelsea Clinton v. George Bush III: everything you need to know about the election of 2030.
    18 month? They have been talking about this election since 2012. Our news media is a joke.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Steven wrote: »
    On the plus side, we only have to choose the lesser of two evils. You have to choose the lesser of six.

And the winner can get 20% of the vote.
    Joe K. wrote: »
    You never know. Elected twice plus survived a recall election. In addition eliminated almost all collective bargaining rights and right to work is next...

What is going to happen if when 2016 comes around and Wisconsin is still on the bottom of the list in job creation and you have a huge deficit?

Winning in election in Wisconsin is not an indicator. Michelle Bachman won in Wisconsin.
    Joe K. wrote: »

Walker has never faced a strong Republican opponent. That's where he'll go down.

Winning in election in Wisconsin is not an indicator. Michelle Bachman won in Wisconsin.

Bachman is from Minnesota.
    Next up: Chelsea Clinton v. George Bush III

Poor sweet Jenna and or Barbara.
    That's where he'll go down.

Sherb... bofa?
  • Hextall wrote: »
    Sherb... bofa?

. . .I'm thinking Manslaughter.
    So sayeth the sheppard!
    Bachman is from Minnesota.

They're different?
    They're different?

Hahaha. I knew that was coming. Kudos.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,799 Senior Member
    I hope Sarah P***n runs again and smokes some newly-legal-in-Alaska dope before her speeches and debates.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,983 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    I hope Sarah P***n runs again and smokes some newly-legal-in-Alaska dope before her speeches and debates.

Could she talk any stupider than she already does? Maybe she already has been doing that.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    It will be interesting (and fun!) to see which nut-case wins Iowa. I've got money on Ben Carson.
    Sheb is right, it's going to be Hillary and Jeb but I think he has the wrong perspective. Just embrace the crazy on the far right. Hell, I can't wait to watch the first set of Republican debates!

PS Who else is going to run on the Democratic side? I honestly have no idea.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,181 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »

Uncle Joe Pervy?
  • Shawn C. wrote: »
    It will be interesting (and fun!) to see which nut-case wins Iowa. I've got money on Ben Carson.
    Sheb is right, it's going to be Hillary and Jeb but I think he has the wrong perspective. Just embrace the crazy on the far right. Hell, I can't wait to watch the first set of Republican debates!

By the time it all shakes out. . .I'm guessing there will only be one real contender.
  • Wait. . .its February 2015. I'm not getting into this with you man! Let's NOT do this.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    The things I find fascinating are the attack ads. We have them up here but no where near as vicious..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.