more seattle pics

Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior MemberPosts: 3,918 Senior Member
shot some Seattle skyline pics earlier this week -- they precipitated a call from the owners of three prominent seattle skyscrapers asking me to come over again and shoot some pics specifically for their properties. The price was right so I jumped on it -- as a bonus, they let me shoot the sunset from 55 stories above street level.

16220889920_916989549f_b.jpgDSC_2949 by Scott Butner, on Flickr

16408307765_43586a4a5b_b.jpgDSC_2925 by Scott Butner, on Flickr

16382328636_467be0cd77_b.jpgDSC_2896 by Scott Butner, on Flickr

16220674308_61be8f1eeb_b.jpgDSC_2531 by Scott Butner, on Flickr

16408320815_593047b768_b.jpgDSC_2436 by Scott Butner, on Flickr

Replies

• Bubba FinghasBubba Finghas Senior Member Posts: 145 Senior Member
    very cool images [\needs bewbies]
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,989 Senior Member
    You do good work Scott.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Nice work Scott-- and nicer to get paid for it..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    That first photo is so cool it almost doesn't even look real. Seattle has a very nice skyline.
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Boston is just as nice!

8162830.jpg
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    Boston is just as nice!

8162830.jpg

dude!! I would photograph the **** out of that, if we had anything that cool up here.
  • Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    Boston is just as nice!

8162830.jpg

How do I know it is just not the person behind the lens? Cut Butner some slack. He's obviously not in your league.
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Bak4Mor wrote: »
    That first photo is so cool it almost doesn't even look real. Seattle has a very nice skyline.

I think Butner photoshopped the clouds and the buildings in there. That picture was taken just outside of Mandan, North Dakota.
  • 20,000 likes on Facebook. A local news station put that first pic on their Facebook page. Congrats.
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    yeah, and the NBC affiliate in Seattle has plans to use another one of them sometime today.

it's pretty interesting to be on this end of it -- when 20,000 people like your photo in less than 18 hours, it's not just friends and family. It's been shared about 5,000 times and even that tiny bit of notoriety brings all sorts of things out of the woodwork -- so far I've had 3 requests for people who want to tag along next time I go on a rooftop, 2 people wanting to work for me promoting my photos, and a couple of people crediting me with similar photos that I didn't take (including one that was taken from a chopper and shows the building I was standing on).
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,913 Senior Member
    That is so cool.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,407 Senior Member
    These are cool Scott. Can I come up on the roof with you too? I want to bring someone with me, don't worry though there wont be as many of us coming down the stairs.

[/move along nothing to see here]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.