Home The Lodge

Seattle definitely is ready for the superbowl

Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior MemberPosts: 3,918 Senior Member
at least, from a fan perspective. The whole town is decked out in blue and green, and the number of "12th man" banners hanging in windows is staggering.

some pics from a visit last weekend:

16189590817_72f7945d14_h.jpg20150124-untitled shoot-9907 by Scott Butner, on Flickr

16188093140_d9e7b5f317_h.jpg20150124-untitled shoot-9912 by Scott Butner, on Flickr

16188083510_2ccd51de35_h.jpg20150125-untitled shoot-9956 by Scott Butner, on Flickr

16189234119_7f7abeea1f_h.jpg20150125-untitled shoot-9965 by Scott Butner, on Flickr

Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    They are ready here in New England too.

462085[1].jpg
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Those are the stupidest watches I've ever seen
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,694 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    They are ready here in New England too.

462085[1].jpg

Hahaha - that's classic Hex.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,616 Senior Member
    Reminds me of that Huffy fat tire bike for sale at Sam's Club. Something to look at, but with only one speed not much use at all. Seattle time exposure looks like tackle boxed Combo-Color-Selector fishing lures to choose.

This makes perfect sense.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • Bubba FinghasBubba Finghas Senior Member Posts: 145 Senior Member
    Lets Go Steelers ;)

Just hoping for a good game , god knows the patriots were told to deflate their balls after beating the poo out of Indy , **** even that could`t stop the Machine we call the Patriots...Just think if they still had Aaron Hernandez
    they would have murdered them ;)
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,694 Senior Member
    OK, I hate the patriots with a passion and was all over the Seahawk bandwagon (well, the .0047% of me that cares) until media day and I saw Marshawn Lynch. Now its "GO PATS!!!".
    I saw a car with a Patriots bumper sticker driving in front of me the other day. I was tempted to follow the car and deflate the tires.
    Joe K. wrote: »
    I saw a car with a Patriots bumper sticker driving in front of me the other day. I was tempted to follow the car and deflate the tires.

You wouldn't have gotten away with it because he's videotaping you.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,276 Senior Member
    CO Native wrote: »
    OK, I hate the patriots with a passion and was all over the Seahawk bandwagon (well, the .0047% of me that cares) until media day and I saw Marshawn Lynch. Now its "GO PATS!!!".

That made me love him all the more.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    To be honest, I think all of the after the game sports interviews are just stupid canned responses by both players and coaches. I don't even watch any post game interviews anymore. This pretty much sums every sports player interview I have ever seen.

10455337_10202651374999254_1842982887591061956_n.jpg?oh=e224d0c3edd8aeb48a23db557166ed63&oe=556EF9D8&__gda__=1428339901_c2a9e96b9061f90090f1a6378e447acb
    There are a ton of the old time guys that we grew up loving that did not like to give interviews. He should be able to just play the game and let the snarky **** write what they want, which is what they are going to do anyway.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • The best ever is Nuke Laloosh's first interview in the Bigs.

Marshawn Lynch is contractually obligated and went to Cal. He should be able to hold a reasonably pleasant conversation even if he'd rather be playing Xbox.
    His non-answers are more entertaining than spouting cliched **** or faux sincerity about some charity. That it peeves off self-important sportswriter is a bonus.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,493 Senior Member
    He should get SDD to ghost write his answers for him.
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    faux sincerity about some charity.

Racist.

• Hextall wrote: »
    His non-answers are more entertaining than spouting cliched **** or faux sincerity about some charity. That it peeves off self-important sportswriter is a bonus.

Then be a sincere ****. Jim McMahon managed it.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,058 Senior Member
    Like many, Lynch is probably overwhelmed by the absurdity of the SB hype. Did you know there were 4,000 reporters at media Day?
    Did you hear about the company in Washington that has a goal of rolling 12,000 joints for the Super Bowl. The call the product The 12th Pack. Let's hear it for American ingenuity.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,255 Senior Member
    Joe K. wrote: »
    10455337_10202651374999254_1842982887591061956_n.jpg?oh=e224d0c3edd8aeb48a23db557166ed63&oe=556EF9D8&__gda__=1428339901_c2a9e96b9061f90090f1a6378e447acb

^^^^^This ^^^^^
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.