Winter Storm Juno Chronicles

Replies

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,424 Senior Member
    seppala wrote: »
    I was baling hay and building fence at 7. Give her gloves and put her to work.

Too bad more time wasn't spent learning to shoot deer.
    When will you rig up a blade on the fat bike so you can plow the driveway?
    Oh yeah, is the ravioli all gone? Have you started to ration yet? Will you be snowbound for the next month?
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,041 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »

giphy.gif
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member

I once killed an ostrich with a 12 gauge.

Move along, son.
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 1,034 Senior Member
    I just spent fifteen minutes (at roughly 10:30 pm) convincing my lovely wife that:

A. The vent to the propane water heater was not blocked.

B. The pilot light was functioning just fine.

C. The unit was cycling just fine, which it wouldn't if the vent were blocked.

D. Our daughters won't find our corpses in the morning, or if they do, it won't be because of the water heater.

E. If she feels someone should wade through four feet of snow and brush off the vent 'Just to check it and make sure" I'll lend her my rubber Wellies and parka.

As you can well imagine, I'm not the most popular man on the block.
    magalloway wrote: »
    I just spent fifteen minutes (at roughly 10:30 pm) convincing my lovely wife that:

A. The vent to the propane water heater was not blocked.

B. The pilot light was functioning just fine.

C. The unit was cycling just fine, which it wouldn't if the vent were blocked.

D. Our daughters won't find our corpses in the morning, or if they do, it won't be because of the water heater.

E. If she feels someone should wade through four feet of snow and brush off the vent 'Just to check it and make sure" I'll lend her my rubber Wellies and parka.

As you can well imagine, I'm not the most popular man on the block.

When will she be sending you out to the all night hardware store for the CO detector? I hope you have a snow mobile. :D
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Guys, the Blizztocolypse is over. I am stronger than I was before.

9d39f7f368e3b433b6bedbee0c0d6071.jpg
    Hextall wrote: »
    Guys, the Blizztocolypse is over. I am stronger than I was before.

But at what cost? Will you have to restock your entire supply of ravioli?
    Guys, the Blizztocolypse is over.

Tell me about it. We'll be digging out for weeks. 6bb7c0c940aa281fb4106cd72a221316.jpg
    Guys, we had one wounded soldier. My car wouldn't start. So I used jumper cables and started it with my wife's car. I drove it to work, jammed it in a snowbank in the partially cleared parkign lot here at work. I might now live here.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,926 Senior Member
    seppala wrote: »
    Tell me about it. We'll be digging out for weeks. 6bb7c0c940aa281fb4106cd72a221316.jpg

Wow, you can almost make out the curvature of the earth.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,663 Senior Member
    Hey Sepp - any goose or duck hunting in that field there?
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,496 Senior Member

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! :D
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member

Just like Saskatchewan, you can see your dog running away for three days..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    CO Native wrote: »
    Hey Sepp - any goose or duck hunting in that field there?

Not enough birds to justify hunting. The Illinois River is about 30 minutes west. Lots of good hunting over there.
    ricinus wrote: »
    Just like Saskatchewan, you can see your dog running away for three days..

Mike

I was just thinking that. I knew a comic from up there that would say you could forget where you left your car and still see it 3 miles away. He also did a bit, Land of living skies. Yeah bugs.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    I was just thinking that. I knew a comic from up there that would say you could forget where you left your car and still see it 3 miles away. He also did a bit, Land of living skies. Yeah bugs.

You don't get out of there without donating blood..

Mike
    I have never in my life, even in Florida, seen so many mosquitoes.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,171 Senior Member
    I hate this blizzard

weather_zpse10aaaba.jpg
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    TX, you suck!!

Mike
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 1,034 Senior Member
    TX, I'll think of you in July when I'm wading a cold river, catching brookies and landlocked salmon and you're belly-boating a stock pond full of bullheads.

Jim
    Thank you.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,496 Senior Member
    FishTX...Last time I was in your area (Late June 2010) it was 113 every day and 80 at night with gobs of humidity. I couldn't wait to get out after spending 4 days there.
    We have gobs of humidity in Winter too.

FishTX wrote: »
    We have gobs of humidity in Winter too.

Is there anything good there ;)
    Is there anything good there ;)

The interstate leading out.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,926 Senior Member
    The interstate leading out.

Not only that, but a speed limit of 85 mph. You can get out pretty fast.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

Of course, that raises the question of how you got there in the first place..

Mike
    ricinus wrote: »
    Of course, that raises the question of how you got there in the first place..

Mike

God hates you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.