Guys, GoPro + NHL Guys makes a nice pairing

HextallHextall Senior MemberPosts: 9,520 Senior Member
This is pretty sweet.

Replies

• ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Awesome!!

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Needs more drones.
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    Never have figured out how they get such clean, smooth footage (though I suppose ice skating is smoother than roller skates, just due to the motion). I've tried to do some in-game footage with my go-pro 1 and it's never nearly as nice as their promo stuff -- of course, some of it is better lighting (quality of go pro footage increases dramatically in good light)and probably newer generation cams.

this is a sample of what I was able to get a few years ago with my first gen go pro.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152005028369195&set=vb.764764194&type=3&theater
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    At the end they showed Ovechkin was there but didn't feature any footage of him. I guess they did the filming in the defensive end of the ice.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    At the end they showed Ovechkin was there but didn't feature any footage of him. I guess they did the filming in the defensive end of the ice.

LMAO..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    I knew you would get that, Mike!

Thanks for posting that, Hex. **** cool, especially Sid and Toews with their stick handling.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,165 Senior Member
    Scott. I can't see your video. If your video shows unsteady handheld shots, there are lots of plans on the net for different styles of DIY steadicams.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    it was helmet mounted skate footage (suprprised you cant' see it since my facebook posts are all public). so it moves with the head motions of the skater which are more erratic usually than something torso mounted.

the latest version of GP has built in image stabilization I heard. that would be cool.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    One thing I have seen in a lot of smoother looking videos where the camera is mounted on the helmet is to show a little bit of the helmet. It kind of tricks the eye that the video is smooth and not jiggly.

Also, YouTube can stabilize videos too. I upload and share from YouTube.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.