Almost the new year

Tell me about your upcoming diet plans.

<I know you have them you pack of liars>

Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I should, but I have no diet change plans. I probably should stop eating **** food out so much (on average, about once a week... good weeks it's 2x).

However I'm going to exercise more, and starting tonight, I am going to ride my bike trainer 2x per week, plus one to two fat bike rides on weekend. I use the Runkeeper app if you fat **** slobs want to be friends on there to track my progress (links via facebook I believe).

I weigh about 172 (+- 2 lbs). I want to get and stay at about 160-165 (should reduce sad fatty middle somewhat) and not have to walk my mountain bike(s) up the hills on my usual trails. I pledge thee to you!
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,865 Senior Member
    Probably similar, but have you checked out Sports Tracker? That's the one I use.

I have no particular diet plans, but I do have more exercise plans.
  • Right now I'm doing low carb.

I'm thinking about trying out intermittent fasting for the new year.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,349 Senior Member
    I will just cut back on the carbs and booze and continue as usual. Turkey day and Christmas dinners are loaded with carbs and I enjoyed every last one of them.
    sherb wrote: »
    Right now I'm doing low carb.

It works. I followed the south beach plan when I did it.
    Right now I'm doing low carb.

Diet Coke has 0 carbs. I assume this means 2x more diet coke.
  • Hextall wrote: »
    Diet Coke has 0 carbs. I assume this means 2x more diet coke.

I must have something, just one thing even, that makes life in this miserable world worth living.
    Sherb, you should have more bofa in your low carb diet.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,109 Senior Member
    I'm going to get that beret body my wife has always dreamed I'd have.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    I'm planning on eating more almonds..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    ricinus wrote: »
    I'm planning on eating more almonds..

Mike

Comic is feeling parched.
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    I am (hopefully) returning to the discipline I had for the first several months following last year's heart attack -- cut back a lot on simple carbs, lots more fresh fruit and veggies, cut my milk consumption to about a quart a day from nearly a gallon.

I lost 30 lbs and kept it off until the busy season hit, then I fell back to my comfort foods and things that didn't take much thought or prep. and gained back about 10 of the 30 lbs.

now that I am on a regular walking routine (unlike last spring, I walk my dog about 2 miles each day, which doesn't sound like a lot but is 2 miles more than I did before the dog), I'm hoping that going back to this lifestyle will help me shed another 30-40.
    I'm going to eat my weight in venison once a certain someone gets home from canoeing on the Wabash of our youths.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,553 Senior Member
    Already started, doctor supervised. In essence, less food. Very few refined sugars and bad carbs, limited good carbs, more protein, little alcohol (already doing this because of an arthritis drug I take), more fruits and vegetables.

Oh, and no artificial sweeteners which apparently do weird things to your body's metabolism. Not a problem for me as I do not drink sweet soft drinks, or sweeten my tea or coffee.

I have broken most of the rules already in a single glass, on three ocasions - Campari & sodas, Manhattans and some green Chartreuse.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • I am (hopefully) returning to the discipline I had for the first several months following last year's heart attack -- cut back a lot on simple carbs, lots more fresh fruit and veggies, cut my milk consumption to about a quart a day from nearly a gallon.

I lost 30 lbs and kept it off until the busy season hit, then I fell back to my comfort foods and things that didn't take much thought or prep. and gained back about 10 of the 30 lbs.

now that I am on a regular walking routine (unlike last spring, I walk my dog about 2 miles each day, which doesn't sound like a lot but is 2 miles more than I did before the dog), I'm hoping that going back to this lifestyle will help me shed another 30-40.

Walking is probably the best fat-burner there is, in terms of exercise. I run, but that's only because I like to do races. If my goal were fat loss only, I would do nothing but walk. Maybe some intervals, but probably just walk.
    Hextall wrote: »
    I'm going to eat my weight in venison once a certain someone gets home from canoeing on the Wabash of our youths.

I hope you don't waste away to nothing with your new starvation diet.

Yeah, where is the Albanian coal-miner/pulp fiction writer anyways? Has anyone heard from him?

Apparently we will be adding him to Creekguys funeral pyre.
  • I have to knock down the bourbon/rye intake.
    Yeah, where is the Albanian coal-miner/pulp fiction writer anyways? Has anyone heard from him?

Apparently we will be adding him to Creekguys funeral pyre.

Sadly there still won't be any venison to cook on those coals.
    jbilly wrote: »
    I hope you don't waste away to nothing with your new starvation diet.

damnit... that's a better premise for a joke than mine. but you should have more explicitly rolled sherb's fasting diet into it.

Can we have a do-over?
    Steven wrote: »
    I have to knock down the bourbon/rye intake.

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why can't booze be nutritious
    Has anyone heard from him?

I bet he's busy writing up his best of 2014 list for buzzfeed.
    damnit... that's a better premise for a joke than mine. but you should have more explicitly rolled sherb's fasting diet into it.

Can we have a do-over?

Sherb's going on an all protein diet under the supervision of the Lodge's venison replenishment manager.

How's that?
  • Steven wrote: »
    I have to knock down the bourbon/rye intake.

yeah, me too. The problem is that I love to booze.

Alcohol is naturally low carb, BUT if you drink it, your body has to burn it off before any fat can be burned off. Diet coke pool party, anyone?
    jbilly wrote: »
    Sherb's going on an all protein diet under the supervision of the Lodge's venison replenishment manager.

We can't replenish what we never had. Like class.
    I bet he's busy writing up his best of 2014 list for buzzfeed.

Deserved, but still.
    Diet coke pool party, anyone?

Lemon flavored diet coke?
    Lemon flavored diet coke?

What kind of car do you drive again? So not picking the Subaru key.
  • I'm gonna tell you something, and this is fact:

A venn diagram of every successful diet out there would overlap looking something like this: fruit/vegetables, lean meat, moderate fat, and no processed carbs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.