I can get you a fat tire bike REALLY cheap

CO NativeCO Native Senior MemberPosts: 1,436 Senior Member
We got about 10" of snow since Friday, it's -3 and the roads are like skating rinks. This morning before light a guy on a fat tire bike got ran over.
The ambulance was just pulling away as I went by and what was left of the bike was leaning against a tree. It was a tad bent.

I've seen this guy before and he doesn't even have reflectors on his bike, so I'm sure whoever squished him didn't even see him until it was too late.
I'll watch the newspaper to see if anything shows up.

Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Taking the reflectors off adds 10hp. Adding lights adds another 25hp, so that dude got what's coming to him.
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    That one's probably the Christine of fat bikes. Stay away from it.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,436 Senior Member
    Ok, got the "skinny" on this from the cop on the scene (see what I did there).
    Lady in Jeep changed lanes to the right lane to pass a transplant doing 15 MPH. She did this just as she was coming up on the bike with no lights and the idiot was wearing all black from head to toe. By the time she saw him in the middle of her lane, there was no stopping and she hit him.
    When the cop (my neighbor) got there he was yelling profanities at the lady and telling her that he was going to sue her for everything she owned.
    The cop informed him later at the hospital that suing might not be a good idea as he gave him the ticket. Haha.

I just love living in a town of morons.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Fat bike ninjas are the most sensitive subcategory of fat bike warriors.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.