Growing old is a ****

I know. It beats the alternative.

According to the interwebs, I may be suffering from greater trochanteric pain syndrome. Or I have a toomah.

How the hell do you hurt yourself standing up?

Replies

• seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Next thing you know you'll throw your back out sneezing.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,033 Senior Member
    What is scary when every single pain in your shoulder or back has you wondering if you are not ignoring a heart attack.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Bad news for you guys, as you get older the phantom pains get worse ( nothing like a good leg cramp in the middle of the night).. And the alternative really does suck..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • I've been getting the leg cramp thing for years. After a day of fishing, I'm guaranteed to jump up in the middle of the night in excruciating pain.
    Me: I'm getting leg cramps
    My Doctor: Drink more water
    Me: Does beer/wine count
    Doctor: NO!!

Mike
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,890 Senior Member
    You need a better doctor.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,838 Senior Member
    What is scary when every single pain in your shoulder or back has you wondering if you are not ignoring a heart attack.

I've done that.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Hah, I have graduated. With the Pneumonia diagnosed wednesday, I am on the Oxycodone "Happy Syrup" cloud. Sorry about your hurts guys.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,115 Senior Member
    creekguy wrote: »
    Hah, I have graduated. With the Pneumonia diagnosed wednesday, I am on the Oxycodone "Happy Syrup" cloud. Sorry about your hurts guys.

Here's to a speedy recovery.
    Get better soon.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,569 Senior Member

Get well soon.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,890 Senior Member
    Get well soon.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    Pneumonia is a real ****. Take it easy and get well soon..

Mike
    Thanks guys, you made my evening.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,871 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    I've been getting the leg cramp thing for years. After a day of fishing, I'm guaranteed to jump up in the middle of the night in excruciating pain.

I used to have the same problem. The cramps are due to low potassium levels in the body.

Have 2 bananas and some orange juice at breakfast and another 1 or 2 bananas at lunch or sometime in the afternoon. And make sure to drink plenty of water. This will guarantee no more leg cramps in the middle of the night after a day fishing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Maybe you all have cramps because your periods have synced up.
  • Hope your feeling better CG.
    Hope your feeling better CG.

Spelling, sir, spelling.
  • LOL. Technically, that's grammar. And at least it wasn't a title [/sticks tongue out].

CG, I hope you're feeling better.
    LOL. Technically, that's grammar. And at least it wasn't a title [/sticks tongue out].

CG, I hope you're feeling better.

It's both, but I just wanted to yank your chain a bit.

All the best to both CG and you in the coming year.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    seppala wrote: »
    Next thing you know you'll throw your back out sneezing.

I've done that.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
    The saddest thing is worrying about sitting down too hard.
    I appreciated all feel better notes, regardless of granma. Don't what she would have to do with it anyway.

OMG, happy syrup is almost gone!

And to all those with oowies, get better.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,115 Senior Member
    I appreciated all feel better notes, regardless of granma. Don't what she would have to do with it anyway.

OMG, happy syrup is almost gone!

I hope you don't have to go outside for the next few days. I can't imagine it would be very good for your breathing in this **** cold.
    Even though he posted just over a half hour ago, I think we can safely assume creekguy has passed.

Say hello to cappyduane, sweet soldier!
    Should we send flowers?

Mike
    Hextall wrote: »
    Even though he posted just over a half hour ago, I think we can safely assume creekguy has passed.

Say hello to cappyduane, sweet soldier!

****, I don't even get to announce my own death on this sorry board. How brutal of Hextall to rob me of the final Obit.

Send whiskey. Duh.
    Well, the good news is that anybody that had you in their 2015 death pool got a lot of points right at the buzzer.

[silver lining]
    When did my condo turn into a long tunnel of light, and why is there an angel bathed in light casting dries in a spring creek at the end? Probably the syrup.
    Send whiskey. Duh.

Actually I'll pour a sip, no sense wasting whiskey on a dead guy..

Mike

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.