Leaving the rat race behind

fishnbanjofishnbanjo Senior MemberPosts: 240 Senior Member
So....... There's a city boy who decides he's going to move way out in the middle of Wyoming to get away from the rat race.

Several months go by, and he's starting to feel a bit lonely. One day, he's checking his fences, and he comes across an oldfella' leaning up against a fence post.

He walks up and the oldfella' says, "Howdy, neighbor! Hey, I'm havin' a little party at my place on Friday night, and I just wanted to see if'n you're interested in comin' by!"

Well, the city boy replies that he is, indeed, interested.

The Oldfella' says, "Well, I oughta' warn you that there's gonna' be a lot of drinkin'!"

The city boy says that he's okay with that, and that he likes the occasional beer, himself.

The Oldfella' continues, "There's probably gonna' be a lot of fightin', too!"

The city boy says that this is alright and reckons he'll just keep out of the way...

The Oldfella' says, "Yeah...There'll probably be a whole lotta' wild sex there, too!"

The city boy says that's okay, and thinks again, that he'll just keep out of the way. He inquires as to what he should wear to the party.

Good old Wyoming where the men are men and the sheep are scared! ;)

Merry Christmas you old so and so's!
banjo

The Oldfella' says, "Aw, shucks, it don't matter -- It's just gonna' be the two of us!"

Replies

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,890 Senior Member
    :D Merry Christmas
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,569 Senior Member
    Merry Christmas to you as well.

As Willie Nelson wrote and sang "Out on the prairie there was always ten men for one woman".

BTW That joke reminds of the one whose punch line is 'Cause Jimmy don't go that way neither.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    and merry christmas and happy Hanukah to you all, The Lodge is a place where I can enjoy all the male camaraderie of the local dive without having to put on my pants. And CreekGuy can now claim to have gotten Pneumonia for the holidays! Staying out of the IR for the present. Hope its all great for you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.