Home The Lodge

Serial

seppalaseppala Senior MemberPosts: 1,916 Senior Member
Alright, I can't do this anymore:

Stop with the cutesy ****, Koenig. It's a murder case, not another This American Life about how sad and profound it was when your pet fish died and your parents never told you it was your fault.

Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Want to go to Best Buy with me for a second?
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    And, um, you know, that was the thing about Hextall. I wanted to like him more than I liked him, you know? Like, that guy down the road that everybody knows: he's just a good guy, but he's one of those guys that's always offering you rides, like a creep.

So I went to his hometown, and I interjected myself into the lives of all these people that knew Hextall, and I brought a tape recorder along, and I asked about his accident when he broke his collarbone, then I like really just inserted myself into his life, making myself the focus of the discussion, because that feels good, you know?

So no, I don't want a ride in your goddamned car.
    p.s. I better not hear any **** mailchimp ads after subscribing to your podcast and giving you all that awesome Darren Wilson material for free.
    Type the promo code #hashtagseppalahash# to get ten free emails!
    Last episode today. already listened to it on my drive to work.

Wait one **** minute: did she actually say this?

----
    "Wait, you don't have no ending?" he asks her.

"I mean, do I have an ending? .... Mmm." She stalls. And then comes back to listeners with: "Of course I have an ending. We're gonna have one today."
    ----

Please tell me she didn't actually say this.
    Yup. Possible spoilers, so stop reading if you want:

She only started looking at this case about a year ago. So the podcast started without an idea of exactly where her investigation was going to end up. I don't think the later episodes were really mapped out. Today's had a lot of information that came out very recently (some as recent as last weekend).

I think her ending she's eluding to was that literally this is the 12th and final episode... and that's the ending. Not any type of resolution of the case or Adnan's guilt. Here are the three possible endings: he's guilty, he's innocent, and she doesn't know.
    I'm not irked by the mapping out. Im irked by the **** comment. She's talking to this guy in prison, and she says, "I mean, do I have an ending? Hmmm."

I can just hear the ****.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    Uggghhh... Seriously, that was it?
    I did like the series but I'm wondering what the point was.
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    I'm wondering what the point was.

I have no idea either. It's like that Indian holding up the rock candy and saying it isn't for eating, but for looking through (CAndy).

All in all, I was entertained. I will listen to season 2 (and probably donate a tiny bit of money when I can remember).
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Maybe the point was to get you to donate a tiny bit of money..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    Hextall wrote: »
    I have no idea either. It's like that Indian holding up the rock candy and saying it isn't for eating, but for looking through (CAndy).

That dude must have been on peyote (CAndy, not the Indian actor).
    The more I think about the way the series ended, the more pissed off I get.
    If I had listened to the whole thing, I'd like to think I wouldn't be mad. Disappointed, yes, but mad, no. Mostly because of the conceit - essentially, it was a real-time crime drama, and as Sherb could attest, crime is often boring. It's also a bit like the ending of The Wire - much as we'd like to think it won't, the world's gonna keep on keepin' on as it always has.
    Fyi, there is a serial spinoff podcast hosted by three lawyers that dig much deeper into the case. So much so, they found evidence the prosecution didn't turn over that likely would have not lead to a conviction.

I just burned through about 20 episodes to get caught up. They are on adnans side, but I felt it was compelling.

Podcast: The Undisclosed.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,518 Senior Member
    . Today's had a lot of information that came out very recently (some as recent as last weekend).

I think her ending she's eluding to was that literally this is the 12th and final episode... and that's the ending. Not any type of resolution of the case or Adnan's guilt. Here are the three possible endings: he's guilty, he's innocent, and she doesn't know.

You left out he's not guilty - but not innocent either, and it depends on whether the cat is dead or alive when you look at it.

Er, "eluding to"? Duh.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    Fyi, there is a serial spinoff podcast hosted by three lawyers that dig much deeper into the case. So much so, they found evidence the prosecution didn't turn over that likely would have not lead to a conviction.

I just burned through about 20 episodes to get caught up. They are on adnans side, but I felt it was compelling.

I refuse to get sucked back into Adnan's case. He's either innocent or a world class liar. Damnit, I said I wouldn't go there!!!

I started listening to "Hardcore History." Pretty **** so far if you are into 4 hour minimum podcasts.
    Serial Season 2 released episode 1 today. A dive into the Bowe Bergdahl kerfuffle. Listened to episode 1 on my way to work today, and I'm hooked again. **** you Sarah Koenig, **** you to hell.
  • DeadbaitDeadbait Member Posts: 85 Member
    I am hooked too. His reasons for walking off base are pretty interesting.
    Deadbait wrote: »
    I am hooked too. His reasons for walking off base are pretty interesting.

It's the same reason why Sherb left here... I sent out the dustwun, but nothing happened.
  • DeadbaitDeadbait Member Posts: 85 Member
    That's me. Calling the Taliban.
    Deadbait wrote: »
    That's me. Calling the Taliban.

That was you?!? It's pronounced mailchimp, damnit!
    I read a short article on NPR today about season 2. I'm sure I will download it.
    I had to axe This American Life. Too many good podcasts to listen to and not enough time so I got rid of the fluffiest of them. Radiolab is soooooooo much better.
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Radiolab is soooooooo much better.

Yeah, radiolab is a listen immediately for me.

Planet Money has also moved up my list ahead of TAL.
    Yeah, radiolab is a listen immediately for me.

Planet Money has also moved up my list ahead of TAL.

Well, ok. But if you start using **** financial terms here that really don't mean anything (Steven, anyone?) I will have Buffco destroy you.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    My body is ready.
    My initial reaction is that Berdahl is full of ****. Either that or he is one weird dude. Or both.
    Should be an interesting subject!
    Do you think the terrorists hate us due to our awesome mailchimp technology?

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk

The people that do this podcast found information that just got Adnan a new trial.

USA! USA! USA!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement