What do I win?

The shibboleth contest.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    joekrz wrote: »
    Nothing.

It's Boy Zee

At least when I lived there it was

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

No! A thousand times no! Back to Wisconsin, cheesehead!
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,652 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Getting another form of identification is difficult because his birth certificate, along with his wallet, was stolen about a year ago.

Kind of fails to mention that it was a Driver's license that could have been renewed.

It isn't that easy if his DL was in the stolen wallet.

From TX DPS
    "There are three ways an individual can verify his/her identity:
    1. Bring one item listed in the “Primary Identity Documents” category or
    2. Bring two items listed in the “Secondary Identity Documents” category or
    3. Bring one item listed in the “Secondary Identity Documents” category and two documents listed in the “Supporting Identity Documents” category"

Getting a new DL isn't that easy. His ID has been expired too long. Unless he has a current passport that's it for primary ID documents. The rest of the primary docs are for people who are not citizens or they are now citizens, but not born here. His stolen, birth certificate was one of the Secondary ID docs. He'd have to have a "Original or certified copy of a court order" as a Secondary ID. The third Secondary ID doesn't count as he is a U.S. born citizen in the country and not abroad. And before you ask, a SS card is a supporting doc so you need a secondary doc and another supporting doc.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    I won't suggest you read all thirteen pages but all the original reports said the "ID" was his driver's license and that it had expired about a year earlier.

From all accounts, he could have gotten a new DL.
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    The shibboleth contest.

Dude. Lame.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,652 Senior Member
    I won't suggest you read all thirteen pages but all the original reports said the "ID" was his driver's license and that it had expired about a year earlier.
    I was going off the quote in your post that said "But under the Texas law, that isn't enough proof, because his ID has been expired for too long." Only after responding and seeing another post about expiration length did I start looking for an earlier post that mentions the length of expiration.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 11,455 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    No! A thousand times no! Back to Wisconsin, cheesehead!

Lol. Ha!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,039 Senior Member
    Nope.

The fact is that he wasn't able to get an ID.

There is nothing to suggest he could not have gotten a license which is the why Huff Post went vague on what kind of ID he'd been using.

By the way, nothing on how hard it is to get a Texas license relative to Illinois? We accept that the license requirements are pretty standard?

So tell me genius, if it was so easy for him to get a license why does he not have one?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »
    Unless he has a current passport.

He was late to the DMV because he had to book a different week for his heli-skiing vacation.
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    He was late to the DMV because he had to book a different week for his heli-skiing vacation.

In Canada.

Chris, maybe you can call up the Daily Kos and find out, because unless you're accusing me of lying when I printed up the Texas rules, he could have gotten one given what was reported.

As I said earlier, I think this story is 99% **** with maybe a trace of truth. Not dissimilar from what we've seen in the past from both sides. I'm thinking here of the guy who's wife Romney supposedly killed, but there are other examples.
    Actually you are the one making accusations of lying.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    In Canada.

Chris, maybe you can call up the Daily Kos and find out, because unless you're accusing me of lying when I printed up the Texas rules, he could have gotten one given what was reported.

As I said earlier, I think this story is 99% **** with maybe a trace of truth. Not dissimilar from what we've seen in the past from both sides. I'm thinking here of the guy who's wife Romney supposedly killed, but there are other examples.

Or how about all those people that lost their insurance and their premiums were raised 10,000%. Oh wait, I forgot those were real. You know since it was Daily Kos, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. But if this is not about voter suppression, why get rid of early voting? Why eliminate Sunday voting and why is a CCW that does not have your picture on it, count as ID, but a student ID doesn't?
    Or how about all those people that lost their insurance and their premiums were raised 10,000%. Oh wait, I forgot those were real. You know since it was Daily Kos, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. But if this is not about voter suppression, why get rid of early voting? Why eliminate Sunday voting and why is a CCW that does not have your picture on it, count as ID, but a student ID doesn't?

Geez f-ck. I readily admitted that it's both sides. Mellow out. You probably have political operatives who go out searching for people to promote the BS they have to spew. They fudge facts like crazy.

A student ID isn't government issued. The government should trust a non-government entity? "Oh gee, here's my photo ID from the Design Institute of Fashion!"

And please, before you make a statement, make sure it's correct. CCW licenses in Texas seem to have pictures on them and there's plenty of early voting. Is it so hard to google to make sure what you're saying is accurate?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Texas+concealed+carry+license,+photo&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=3bNTVNanKMyagwSn_YP4CA&ved=0CB8QsAQ&biw=1680&bih=926

http://www.sos.state.tx.us/ELECTIONS/earlyvoting/index.shtml

As for Sunday, it's Texas. You're expected to be in church and then watch football.
    Black Churches have traditionally gotten people to the polls on Sunday.

You're right, there is lots of early voting, because much of these attempts are backfiring and motivating people to get to the polls.

Also the Dems in these states have been doing what I suggested they do all along because these ID laws are not going away and helping people get their ID's. But make no mistake the intent was to keep certain people away from the polls.
    Geez f-ck. I readily admitted that it's both sides. Mellow out. You probably have political operatives who go out searching for people to promote the BS they have to spew. They fudge facts like crazy.

Funny that was not your story when these reports came out though was it? You bought it hook line and sinker.
    Funny that was not your story when these reports came out though was it? You bought it hook line and sinker.

I'm not going here. Think what you want.
    Black Churches have traditionally gotten people to the polls on Sunday.

#FreedomSundayTX
    I don't know that they closed Sunday voting in Texas, that is what they did in Ohio.
    Who's "they?"
    Google before you answer.
    The people fighting for voter ID.
    You didn't google. Do some work.
    I have to google to find out what I meant by 'they'? Are you out of your mind?
    Yeah, you do, because I don't want to spend more time showing what you thought you "knew" was wrong. 15 pages is enough.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    15 pages is enough.

Hand in your voter registration card.
    I'll just get a new one. I'm a white guy. I have ID.
    I don't know. I feel you have more you want to say.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    What about a student ID from a State school? Serious question here.

I'm surprised an NRA membership card isn't a considered valid ID to vote given their motives.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement