Home The Lodge

It's Obama's fault of course

dryfliedryflie Senior MemberPosts: 1,442 Senior Member
FOX News is blaming Obama for the impact of cheap gas. What took them so long.

fox-business-gasbag.jpg
“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    Hello Sulphur!

From TheDailyBanter.com

As it turns out, though, the screenshot here is deceptive, because despite the chyron, the segment in question is an interview with a guest who says that the Wall Street Journal is wrong when they say lower gas prices are bad for the economy.

Boy, are our faces red. Looks like Fox Business is sort of playing it straight. Now, let’s all remain perfectly still and silent while Twitchy stops reading now, and goes off to write about how we got beclowned.

Read more at http://thedailybanter.com/2014/10/thanks-obama-fox-news-praises-president-low-gas-prices-right/#zigFtcBtjtiiOb6T.99

Also, this is Fox Business News, not Fox News
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Of course low prices are bad for the economy- ask any Albertan Politician or oil sands exec..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Hello Sulphur!

From TheDailyBanter.com

As it turns out, though, the screenshot here is deceptive, because despite the chyron, the segment in question is an interview with a guest who says that the Wall Street Journal is wrong when they say lower gas prices are bad for the economy.

Boy, are our faces red. Looks like Fox Business is sort of playing it straight. Now, let’s all remain perfectly still and silent while Twitchy stops reading now, and goes off to write about how we got beclowned.

Read more at http://thedailybanter.com/2014/10/thanks-obama-fox-news-praises-president-low-gas-prices-right/#zigFtcBtjtiiOb6T.99

I have long suspected Steven that you wouldn't know irony if it jumped into your boat.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,039 Senior Member

And that clown on Fox Business is a bigger tool than Glenn Beck.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Oh, you were being ironic.
    And yeah, I'll buy that bridge.
    And that clown on Fox Business is a bigger tool than Glenn Beck.

I'm sure you're right.
    Hey Steven did you watch this video?

Fair and balanced, my left nut.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • SilverCreekSilverCreek Senior Member Posts: 131 Senior Member
    Steven,

Isn't strange that the Liberal Conspiracy Theorists aren't blogging that oil company execs are lowering oil prices to help Democrats get elected in 2014 just like they lowered prices to keep Obama out of office in the run up to the 2009 election?

crude-oil-prices-by-the-what-matters-weblog-1998-2009-monthly-averages-data-by-the-eia-updated-may-162009.jpg
    Hey Steven did you watch this video?

Fair and balanced, my left nut.

I swear Libs spend more time watching Fox News...

And listening to Rush. Glenn Beck used to be a perennial favorite, but he has come around somewhat, so the libs have moved back to monitoring their favorite bomb-throwers.
    Steven,

Isn't strange that the Liberal Conspiracy Theorists aren't blogging that oil company execs are lowering oil prices to help Democrats get elected in 2014 just like they lowered prices to keep Obama out of office in the run up to the 2009 election?

I'm sure there's nothing hypocritical here. But time spent on oil prices takes away from time spent on racist voter ID laws.
    sherb wrote: »
    And listening to Rush. Glenn Beck used to be a perennial favorite, but he has come around somewhat, so the libs have moved back to monitoring their favorite bomb-throwers.

I can spend no more time listening to Fox News than I can MSNBC.

I don't watch it ever, this came from your article.

BTW Fox Business folks are saying that your paper of record is wrong. Do you agree with them?
    Steven,

That would be interesting if anyone ever said that, but they didn't.
    I'm sure there's nothing hypocritical here. But time spent on oil prices takes away from time spent on racist voter ID laws.

Speaking of which there was a man from Texas who said that he was turned away twice while attempting to get an ID. Apparently they ran out. Really they ran out?
    Nobody loves fracking more than Obama. He's the Fracking President.

I myself have no problem with fracking as long as those chemicals are covered under the clean water act. Now let me see, who made sure that they weren't. Was it Obama?
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 11,452 Senior Member
    Nobody loves fracking more than Obama. He's the Fracking President.

Quite frankly, this fracking business is scary.

Not only does it pollute the waters where the fracking takes place, it hits close to home in WI where frac sand mines are popping up all over the driftless area threatening the trout streams near them.

Personally I wish someone would put forth legislation that would completely stop all fracking in this country.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Speaking of which there was a man from Texas who said that he was turned away twice while attempting to get an ID. Apparently they ran out. Really they ran out?

One man? They only ran out for this one guy?

It's Texas. He probably had Ebola.
    I myself have no problem with fracking as long as those chemicals are covered under the clean water act. Now let me see, who made sure that they weren't. Was it Obama?

And when low gas prices boost the economy, who'll get the credit?
    If there was one guy on the news, you know they were more. But tell us again about how this is about preventing fraud.

Are you really going to credit **** Cheney?
    joekrz wrote: »
    Quite frankly, this fracking business is scary.

Not only does it pollute the waters where the fracking takes place, it hits close to home in WI where frac sand mines are popping up all over the driftless area threatening the trout streams near them.

Personally I wish someone would put forth legislation that would completely stop all fracking in this country.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Fracking in the right places and using proper measures is probably no more dangerous than drilling for oil or mining coal. I favor more stringent legislation and local community input.
    Oh, you were being ironic.
    And yeah, I'll buy that bridge.

See What I mean?

/Shaking head in great sadness.
    That would be interesting if anyone ever said that, but they didn't.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/02/27/1068628/-Anti-Obama-conspiracies-seen-in-oil-price-spike#

Maybe Silver got his elections mixed up.
    Who reads Daily Kos?
    Are you really going to credit **** Cheney?

Yeah, why not? Cheney invented fracking like Gore invented the internet.
    [This is meant to be ironic, Al]

Why Fox Business News of course. Only makes sense.

See the irony there Steven?

Actually that isn't all that far fetched a theory.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement