Ebola in the U.S.

Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    Hunt for red October. Fred Thompson.

I did know this.
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Son, Rooskis don't take a dump without a plan...
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,868 Senior Member
    I thought I may have survived my trip since I din't go anywhere near Dallas. However I was near DC....mother trucker!!! That is it no more business travel for me (crawling into bubble).

**** moops!
    I thought I may have survived my trip since I din't go anywhere near Dallas. However I was near DC....mother trucker!!! That is it no more business travel for me (crawling into bubble).

**** moops!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvJ5ZGEJfJinMkq0Bd5878XGMp27yP1_vXGNnqc1b4m6ORZx5gTw
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Moors! Moors!
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.

Well Admiral Thompson we have already crossed the Rubicon....

http://nypost.com/2014/10/04/sick-passenger-investigated-for-ebola-at-newark-airport/
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Is there a reason we don't have travel bans on citizens of those countries?
    seppala wrote: »
    Is there a reason we don't have travel bans on citizens of those countries?

Spite.

• creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Headlines on Huffpost
    "A Perfect Storm.... Possible Pandemic By 2015... CDC Director: 'A Scene Out Of Dante... WHO: 'We Could Have Responded Faster'... Mothers Afraid To Touch Their Children... Hopes Pinned On Radical Treatments... Researcher Who Discovered Ebola: 'I Fear An Unimaginable Tragedy'... Unease Sweeps U.S... Sales Of Emergency Supplies Soar..."

Time to just go fishing
    I hope we don't needs this Red October quote....

You arrogant ****', you've killed us.
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    The R0 is too low for ebola to do much here, but devastating for poor, low information countries with bad roads. Like Georgia and Mississippi. ;>)
  • saltydancindavesaltydancindave Senior Member Posts: 2,470 Senior Member
    It's becoming a political farce with email where:

http://www.nationaljournal.com/white-house/sarah-palin-says-the-white-house-is-located-at-1400-pennsylvania-avenue-20140926

& then addressing the people of ebola. "

Reminds me of back in the mid 70's the KKK churchstate cops jokingly discussing whether a guillotine of the French or an Iron Maiden of Scotland has been better for law enforcement of the Catholic Church's hatred of non-conformists & subhuman races. Since I was only about 6 years old trying to focus thru eyes baptized by urinations with hands tied behind the back in another wooden contraption for being part of the problem; had no solution. More tyranny over minds when "man is God" has little use for other than medical malpractice.
  • saltydancindavesaltydancindave Senior Member Posts: 2,470 Senior Member
    joekrz wrote: »

Spreading like an out of Africa plague, just as out of the Federal Lynching state of hate burning bushes drug trafficking KKK churchstate cops serving the Pope figured they could nuke Israel for the second coming of Christ on 9/11 to put an end to any other God outside of the one nation under God. The Islamidiotocracy christiananality mentality "man is God" oilgarchy, just as they robbed synagogues back in '60 & '66 to burn old testaments that survived the Holocaust.

But the CDC we are fine...no worries...no need to close down air traffic. It is fine. Fine, fine just fine. Trusts them.

No worries, soon we will have another Brownie moment and Obama can say " You are doing a heck of a job Dr F"
  • JB,

Are you really suggesting we shut down air traffic?
    16052028-mmmain.jpg
    Steven wrote: »
    JB,

Are you really suggesting we shut down air traffic?

No, poor wording on my part, sorry. I realize if you shut down all air traffic everywhere you shut down the economy and then we are totally f'd.

What I should have said is we (US) enforce travel bans. No US citizen can travel into or out of Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea. No one traveling from those countries allowed into the US at all. All passengers coming into the US need to be medically screened no matter where they are coming from (realize it won't catch everything since symptoms don't show right away, but better than doing nothing IMO)

Frankly I'd like to see the UN/WHO/everyone and their mother, etc. enforce an all out travel ban from those countries period. Close them down. I realize this would be very difficult to do and a huge economic impact there, however, we as a world need to get our $hit together and deal with an economic and pandemic crisis on a multiple country scale. not a global one.

If this $hit isn't stopped quick at the rate it is expanding it won't matter what we shut down because it will all be too **** late.
    Hextall wrote: »
    16052028-mmmain.jpg

I wish I could draw some blood coming out his eyes, nose and ****.
  • International passengers coming into Narita airport all have their temperatures taken by some kind of machine. Not sure how it works, but it doesn't slow the flow of traffic at all. Outside of installing something like this at all airports, don't know what else can be done about international passegners not from the Africa.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,626 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    What I should have said is we (US) enforce travel bans. No US citizen can travel into or out of Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea. No one traveling from those countries allowed into the US at all.

I support this 100% and wonder why it hasn't been done already.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    I support this 100% and wonder why it hasn't been done already.

Because we need healthcare people to move into and out of the country as needed. The threat is over there, not here.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
    Nothing smells so nice as demanding on Columbus Day that we close our borders to save us from infectious disease.
    Hextall wrote: »
    Nothing smells so nice as demanding on Columbus Day that we close our borders to save us from infectious disease.

A pox upon thee! ;)
    dryflie wrote: »
    Because we need healthcare people to move into and out of the country as needed. The threat is over there, not here.

So it's better to spread it around rather than keep it isolated where it's at??????
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,265 Senior Member
    You have to fight the Ebola where it is, or we will have to fight it here. If healthcare people cannot get to where it is, we cannot fight it. We are screening people at airports both when they leave those countries and when they arrive on our soil.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • You have to fight the Ebola where it is, or we will have to fight it here.

Comic channeling some W.
    We are screening people at airports both when they leave those countries and when they arrive on our soil.

Which does nothing if the symptoms show up later.

• The inn is closed!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.