Open thread time

Replies

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,899 Senior Member
    Know what I'm doing RIGHT NOW? Engaging the 4WD on my pickup to get back to my hog pen with some feed. Good times.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Oh and I shook the hand of the gym owner and thanked him for putting the butt blaster machine right in front of the treadmills. I didn't realize I could get ..... that way while running.

He wasn't kidding about full body workout!

I call it a keel.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,780 Senior Member
    Hang your sweat towel off it, and they'll never know.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    sherb wrote: »
    I want to get in on the fun but all I have is my phone! ****!

Switch keyboards... I use SwiftKey and can type (actually swipe words) very quickly.
    Hextall wrote: »
    I call it a keel.
    Man every time her calves brought that bar up, dat booty just swelled up and knotted.

The heart rate monitor on the treadmill had me up to 175 bpm at that point. Started to go ask if she wanted a spotter.
    Oh, and to throw myself under the bus... A couple of weeks ago I bought a smartwatch (the LG g watch). I am in the future.

4u4ure2y.jpg

Also apparently my hand had rickets.
    Looks like monkey paw cramps. Get a banana in you.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    FishTX wrote: »
    Get a banana in you.

In Canada, this is called a backdoor whopper.

(that's one sherb).
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,286 Senior Member
    There are a couple bikes for sale on craigslist that I have my eye on. I just want to check around the shops first.

I want to do some upgrading on my current mountain bike... Next up a dropper post and maybe some new rims to run my tires tubeless (I am not sure my rims are tubeless ready).

This is the bike I bought this last winter and have been having a lot of fun on it. These are also the sneakers I wear everywhere nowadays.

yza2aze4.jpg

What is the advantage of going tubeless?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Do you have a little stylus with which to type?

Also, can you palm a medicine ball? That's the lowest thumb I've ever seen.
    Switch keyboards... I use SwiftKey and can type (actually swipe words) very quickly.

Swiftkey? Smart watch? A soft tail bike? Allowing your wife to run in full view of the general public?

YOU ARE INDEED THE FUTURE.
    FishTX wrote: »

This isn't too bad

horses-ps-and-hdr_zps1d3f864f.jpg
    [/I]

What did you photoshop on that? Looks like a real picture to me.
    seppala wrote: »
    What did you photoshop on that?
    Originally, it was two hobos in a freight car.

Poor hobos.
  • Do we agree that the corporate tax rate needs to lowered? Yes we do. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
  • Homicide hunter is on investigation discovery. Question: **** kind of dystopian hellhole is Colorado springs? This one guy cleared 400 homicides? It would take one of our investigators 2000 years to solve 400 homicides.
  • My gym time has been interfering with my scotch time.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,869 Senior Member
    I am sitting in a hotel room. I am not as fancy as Hextal and have the Grnadpa 3000 phonewhichcanbarely take picutres so I am not goign to post a pic of my room.

I am actually back in Sunnyvale, CA where I lived about 7 years ago. It is my first time coming back since we moved. I don't miss this place at all.

Though I did got to a favorite Mexcian restaurant we liked and it still kicked ****...chile verde plate rocked!
  • joekrz wrote: »
    Fishing and lots of it.

Ephorons started hatching last week on the local trout stream in the evening. I've been mixing that with smallmouth bass fishing out of my kayak or pontoon.

Funny story...Well sort of...could have been dangerous I guess...This past Saturday I flipped my pontoon in a class 2 rapids while bass fishing a local river. Toon flipped upside down and I got pinned against a rock for a few seconds. In the process, I lost the oar and my fly rod. The Velcro straps that were supposed to hold the rod in case of flip didn't work so well. A couple of friends had already run the rapids and were waiting at the bottom of it about 50 yards downstream. Lucky for me the oars float and I found out my St. Croix fly also floats. They picked up both items for me in the tail out pool. The second worse part of the ordeal was finishing up the remaining rapids with only one oar. :D

Now I am on vacation...well staycation...and I don't return to work until after Labor day.

Dang. Glad you're ok. I've been in a driftboat that almost flipped and ended up swamped. Dicey.

What is the advantage of going tubeless?

Weight saving being the main advantage.

A secondary advantage is you can avoid pinch flats (no tines to pinch and split whole riding over rocks). I have this happen two consecutive times running the exact same rock garden. Both times whole changing my tube I got destroyed by mosquitos. They almost picked me off the ground and brought me to their leader.
    Guys, I'm now in bed.

4cb23ec5c4a96bcf1e0afaf1579db1bb.jpg
  • You look happy to see me.

I'm ready for you.
  • sherb wrote: »
    I want to reply to all of these, but right now I'm wondering how many clever ways there are to use the word "whopper" in a lede about Burger King moving to Canada.
    Hold the pickles, hold the taxes.

Tim Horton's is way over rated.
  • Hextall wrote: »
    You know what actually is pretty fun.... 5k races. I was having fun doing a bunch of these until I sprained my ankle (and got more into biking).

My wife has a coven that runs one about once every month to 6 weeks.

I use an app called runkeeper that has various training regimes for different race lengths, including 5ks. There is also the Couch to 5k program (I think there is an app for that too).

My New Year resolution was to run the Bastille Day 5k. Haven't really run at all since college. I did Couch to 5k on the treadmill in the workout room, but 3 miles on a treadmill isn't three miles on solid ground.
    I got up to 4 miles and then two days before the race, I got the dreaded flu-like symptoms. Missed the race and was in bed for a week. When I finally got back in the gym I could barely run two miles and I'm still not quite up to four.

Maybe tonight.
    Oh, and to throw myself under the bus... A couple of weeks ago I bought a smartwatch (the LG g watch). I am in the future.

4u4ure2y.jpg

Also apparently my hand had rickets.

Are you the small hands actor in that creepy Burger King commercial a few years back?
  • So, I went up to Wisconsin last weekend. Had to drop off some stuff for my daughter at UW-Madison and then went west to the Driftless region.
    Did well on Trico's in the morning and terrestrials in the afternoon. The Trico pattern was of my own design, but not that original. #20 Wonderwing parachute with dun tails, white wings, olive biot body and black hackle.

Looking forward to this weekend. Cal is playing Northwestern and a fraternity brother will be in town.
    Next week in Canada. September 13th-19th in Tokyo.
  • Steven wrote: »
    Hold the pickles, hold the taxes.

Tim Horton's is way over rated.

That's the spirit.

In Canada, this is called a backdoor whopper.

(that's one sherb).

Wait, how did I miss this gem?

• I have also been enjoying the unrelieved misery that is "The Leftovers."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.