Brown may not be as lily white...

2»

Replies

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,869 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    You're still ignoring the report that Brown beat the crap out of the cop WHILE he was in his car, after Brown shoved him back in. If that's true, then of COURSE the officer would exit his vehicle with his weapon drawn. Brown had just committed a felony at that point, and was obviously a danger to Wilson's health.

What...he was just a big gentle giant teddy bear...he wasn't beating him, that was just a bear hug.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,899 Senior Member
    I'd like to address another fallacy brought forth in these comments. I've seen it suggested multiple times here that "shooting unarmed people" is somehow wrong. This is ludicrous. I am legally justified (and morally and ethically if you want to go there) in shooting an unarmed assailant. There does not have to be a weapon present in order for me to react with a weapon of my own. Bodily injury to myself or my loved ones, or even the INTENT to commit bodily injury is all that has to exist for me to stop a threat.

Unarmed/armed, it doesn't matter. You have a right to not be harmed, as do cops.
  • Really when was the last time anyone was even charged let alone convicted? Ask Amadou Diallo, how much jeopardy those cops were in. Oh that's right you can't because the 41 bullets that they hit him with killed him.

Didn't they charge they guys who choked that guy in NYC? That was just last month.

Amadou Diallo? I would say given the fact that all four cops were charged, that they were put in a hell of a lot of jeopardy. But its not enough to be charged, is it? See, this is a rigged game. If there's no charges, its due to racism. And if they are charges and an acquittal, its due to racism. Heads I win. Tails you lose.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,286 Senior Member
    When did I ever say racism? You know the only ones making a stink about race in this conversation are you and Steven. I find it incredulous that a man can be shot 41 times, some of those cops reloaded, and that there was an acquittal. Which just goes to show that even in a case where the officers were clearly in the wrong, you cannot get a conviction. Thus a feeling of invincibility. "I can kill you, but because I am a cop, no one will believe any witnesses and I will get off scot free."

You cannot deny that there is a pattern out there with police officers killing more and more unarmed suspects and getting away with it. Maybe we are giving them way too much leeway. Maybe they need to be taught better tactics. I don't know but they serve the citizens, not the other way around.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Buffco wrote: »
    You're still ignoring the report that Brown beat the crap out of the cop WHILE he was in his car, after Brown shoved him back in. If that's true, then of COURSE the officer would exit his vehicle with his weapon drawn. Brown had just committed a felony at that point, and was obviously a danger to Wilson's health.

Report by whom? So we believe what the cops say no matter what? Witnesses state that the officer grabbed Brown and tried to drag him into the car.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Steven wrote: »
    Because said unarmed man had already beaten the crap out of Officer Wilson while said unarmed man was unarmed? Maybe I'm wrong here, but if I'd just had my face busted, I would have had my gun drawn.

Why? He was walking away, some say running. So why is your life in danger at this point?
    Report by whom? So we believe what the cops say no matter what? Witnesses state that the officer grabbed Brown and tried to drag him into the car.

And a pinke elephant flew by too.

Who in the hell would try to drag a 6' 4" 300 pound guy through a door of a cop car? Why would one do so? For a lap dance? Was he going to cuff him to the steering wheel? Give me a break.

To even try to consider this as credible is ridiculous.
    Why? He was walking away, some say running. So why is your life in danger at this point?

And so if he had punched him was the cop supposed to just let him run/walk away and wish him a nice day?
    BTW Sherb, I never thought the officers in the Diallo case should have been charged with 2nd degree murder. That was a stretch. They did not intend to kill him, it was an unfortunate mistake. But it was a mistake.
  • Why? He was walking away, some say running. So why is your life in danger at this point?

I don't know....because it's a cops job to apprehend a felon?
  • jbilly wrote: »
    And so if he had punched him was the cop supposed to just let him run/walk away and wish him a nice day?

If he was a white guy, he would have.
    So there is no between that and pulling out your gun and shooting him dead?
    I don't know....because it's a cops job to apprehend a felon?

Funny how did that work out in Waco where all you conservatives were screaming abuse of authority? Couldn't they just wait until he went out to get his mail?
  • When did I ever say racism? You know the only ones making a stink about race in this conversation are you and Steven.

Are you on drugs?

"How is it a white man can walk into a theater with a rifle and kill several people can be apprehended alive but a black teenager who does not have a weapon cannot?" - fishingcomic
  • Funny how did that work out in Waco where all you conservatives were screaming abuse of authority? Couldn't they just wait until he went out to get his mail?

I'll pull a comic. when did I ever scream about abuse of authority with regards to Waco?
  • So there is no between that and pulling out your gun and shooting him dead?

You pull out your gun and tell the guy who assaulted you to put his hands over his head and get on the ground. If he charges you, you shoot him dead.
    Except he did put his hands in the air and he was shot anyway.
    Are you on drugs?

"How is it a white man can walk into a theater with a rifle and kill several people can be apprehended alive but a black teenager who does not have a weapon cannot?" - fishingcomic

Yeah you got me. I was absolutely screaming about race.
  • Except he did put his hands in the air and he was shot anyway.

Allegedly. That's why we'll undoubtedly have a trial.
  • Yeah you got me. I was absolutely screaming about race.

Right. But I was.

Delusional.
    Whiner.....
    Allegedly. That's why we'll undoubtedly have a trial.

Why is it when I bring up what a witness said it is allegedly, but when you quote the cop (perpetrator) it is fact?
    If Wilson is charged and convicted, how many of you will scream, "Al Sharpton and racism?"
  • Why is it when I bring up what a witness said it is allegedly, but when you quote the cop (perpetrator) it is fact?

I'll pull a 'comic again. When did I say it was fact?

Edit to add. Everybody agrees there was a fight at the car.
    Every statement you have made.

Not everyone agrees who started it. Which was the point of my other thread. Darren Wilson may not be the best example of a law enforcement officer and there may be a history of bad behavior on his part.
    Every statement you have made.

Darren Wilson may not be the best example of a law enforcement officer and there may be a history of bad behavior on his part.

Do you have any sources of this?

Here are some to the contrary
    http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/08/darren-wilson-ferguson-cop-who-killed-michael-brown-has-no-temper-is-struggling-with-shooting-friend.html
    Wilson has been a police officer for six years, the last four with the Ferguson Police Department. His chief said that Wilson's record has no disciplinary incidents.

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbc-news/55910978

I haven't seen anything indicating his record is tainted if you know differently post a link.
    If Wilson is charged and convicted, how many of you will scream, "Al Sharpton and racism?"

If he is charged and convicted after receiving a fair trial, not be the media, then I wouldn't/won't be upset. Like Swiss said in the other posts lets see what the actual facts are then...same thing most people said with Martin/Zimmerman.

We can argue and state all our opinions on what is fact/isn't all we want...none of us is going to be on aany jury that may be sitting for any trial.
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.