Brown may not be as lily white...

BuffcoBuffco Senior MemberPosts: 9,900 Senior Member
As he's been made out to be.

The cop that shot him suffered a fractured eye socket during their encounter.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/20/missouri-cop-was-badly-beaten-before-shooting-michael-brown-says-source/

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,286 Senior Member
    Well for a guy who was so severely injured, he seems to be doing just fine strolling around Michael Brown's dead body for hours.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,900 Senior Member
    Only assault and battery that requires immediate hospitalization of the victim is justification for shooting. Is that what you're saying?

That he didn't get his **** kicked enough to shoot anyone?
    No, I am saying only when the officer's life is legitimately threatened. Are you saying a punch to the face is a good reason to murder someone.

But what I am also saying is this claim is not credible, because that injury is not one that would allow you to walk around and not get into an ambulance.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,891 Senior Member
    No, I am saying only when the officer's life is legitimately threatened. Are you saying a punch to the face is a good reason to murder someone.

Punching a cop that could cause him to lose control of his firearm, You Betcha.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    apparently Brown was involved in a robbery, so he's not the sainted child he was made out to be regardless of what happened with the officer.
    Does he have to be a saint to live?
    No but he can't beat the crap out of a cop, then charge the cop after walking away and expect the cop not to shoot.

He was stupid, and paid for it with his life. Now a cop's life is forever altered, all because of Brown's decision to be a tough guy.

So what that the cop was still on his feet hours later. That means nothing. Good shoot, case closed. (Assuming the facts in the link above are indeed what happened.)

Another thing, no way in hell will a grand jury no bill this thing, right sherb? It should be, according to the facts.
    And you just know he charged that cop because...
    Same reason you know he was standing still with his hands in the air. Because we've both read it on the internet.
  • bakerloobakerloo Banned Posts: 980 Senior Member

But what I am also saying is this claim is not credible, because that injury is not one that would allow you to walk around and not get into an ambulance.

Although Comic will never see this I will post anyway.

If the cop was punched in the face during a struggle for the officer's gun, most people would believe that the dead punk was trying to inflict great bodily harm on the cop. So, the dumb **** paid with his life.

The sad part is is that Comic wants the cop to be guilty of murder.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory."
    Aldo Leopold
    How is it a white man can walk into a theater with a rifle and kill several people can be apprehended alive but a black teenager who does not have a weapon cannot?
    And you just know he charged that cop because...

He was not shot in the top of his big fat head while he was running away as some of the witnesses said.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory."
    Aldo Leopold
    Buffco wrote: »
    Same reason you know he was standing still with his hands in the air. Because we've both read it on the internet.

Well in fairness I have actually seen 2 eyewitness accounts. Also the autopsy corroborates that as a real possibility. Nobody seems to back up the officer's account.

The autopsy also supports the theory that the bullet that struck his arm could have come from behind.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,891 Senior Member

Had to put fishingcomic on my ignore list. This much stupid is unbearable.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
    It's so much fun responding to someone who has blocked you. ;)

Do you see 2 police officers in the pic? YES 2 cops trying to subdue 1 guy. The dude with 2 holes in head had a buddy with him.
    Do you see the difference? 2 cops > 1 spiderman fool
    2 punks > 1 cop
    .40 cal. jacketed hollow point > a big head
    :D
    Aldo Leopold
  • How is it a white man can walk into a theater with a rifle and kill several people can be apprehended alive but a black teenager who does not have a weapon cannot?

Have all white men who have walked in a theater and killed people been apprehended alive?
    I can't think of any that haven't, can you?
  • I wouldn't know. How long have you been keeping track?
    You would think that you wouldn't have to keep track of something like that to remember.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,641 Senior Member
  • I couldn't even tell you about the white guy that wasn't shot in the theater. Seems you've been paying closer attention.
    White guy the other day in Texas was just shot after charging a cop. Surprised he just wasn't given a ticket.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2014/08/dallas-police-investigating-officer-involved-shooting.html/
    Funny thing is I believe that in both cases there were non-lethal means available. Race doesn't matter when an unarmed man is shot multiple times that officers actions need to be addressed. We cannot have a police force that feels they can kill people with impunity.

So your short term memory is not even good enough to remember the shooting at the Batman movie? Wow! How old are you anyway?
  • Funny thing is I believe that in both cases there were non-lethal means available. Race doesn't matter when an unarmed man is shot multiple times that officers actions need to be addressed. We cannot have a police force that feels they can kill people with impunity.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, a fact-free assertion without a shred of empirical proof, repeated uncritically as if it were fact. IT ISN'T. I work with cops. They don't act in ANY fashion with impunity. They check and double-check repeatedly. They have lawyers, and they use them. Every. single. day.

There's plenty to be critical about, the camoflauge, and the MRAP's, and the sniper rifles, but the idea that cops feel that they can kill people with impunity is just flat out wrong.
    Impunity means without answering for their actions. Do you believe that a cop should just be able to shoot someone and not be held accountable, especially when the person shot was unarmed? At least in this case you can make the argument that the cop was responding to a situation in the middle of the night and had no way of knowing he was unarmed.

But officer Wilson already knew he was unarmed. So why exit the vehicle with your weapon drawn? Did he not have non-lethal means at his disposal? Is he not trained in how to handle an unarmed assailant. Seems to me that cops make arrests all the time of people without weapons without drawing their guns or shooting anyone.

Or better yet why exit the vehicle? Do you think a 300 lb guy can outrun your car?
    sherb wrote: »
    There's plenty to be critical about, the camoflauge, and the MRAP's, and the sniper rifles, but the idea that cops feel that they can kill people with impunity is just flat out wrong.

Really when was the last time anyone was even charged let alone convicted? Ask Amadou Diallo, how much jeopardy those cops were in. Oh that's right you can't because the 41 bullets that they hit him with killed him.
  • But officer Wilson already knew he was unarmed. So why exit the vehicle with your weapon drawn?

Because said unarmed man had already beaten the crap out of Officer Wilson while said unarmed man was unarmed? Maybe I'm wrong here, but if I'd just had my face busted, I would have had my gun drawn.
    But officer Wilson already knew he was unarmed. So why exit the vehicle with your weapon drawn?

You're still ignoring the report that Brown beat the crap out of the cop WHILE he was in his car, after Brown shoved him back in. If that's true, then of COURSE the officer would exit his vehicle with his weapon drawn. Brown had just committed a felony at that point, and was obviously a danger to Wilson's health.
  • Really when was the last time anyone was even charged let alone convicted? Ask Amadou Diallo, how much jeopardy those cops were in. Oh that's right you can't because the 41 bullets that they hit him with killed him.

The cops were tried on charges of second degree murder.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.