It's time for the first Israel/Gaza post

EdBEdB Senior MemberPosts: 2,926 Senior Member
When will the carnage stop? Rockets rain on Israel and rockets, bombs, and tank shells rain on Gaza. Over 1100 Gazans and 46 Israelis killed.

Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    EdB wrote: »
    When will the carnage stop?

No matter what, I'm betting the over.
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,926 Senior Member
    Another hospital hit today.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,946 Senior Member
    None of our business.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • bakerloobakerloo Banned Posts: 980 Senior Member
    Another hospital hit today.

Probably shouldn't hide rockets in hospitals...
    Israel uses their rockets to protect their kids. Hamas uses kids to protect their rockets.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory."
    Aldo Leopold
    bakerloo wrote: »
    Probably shouldn't hide rockets in hospitals...
    Israel uses their rockets to protect their kids. Hamas uses kids to protect their rockets.

Refugee camp bombed, ten people killed, eight of them children.
    Refugee camp bombed, ten people killed, eight of them children.

See post #5
    Buford wrote: »
    See post #5

Your taxes pay for most of the weapons used in this conflict.
  • bakerloobakerloo Banned Posts: 980 Senior Member
    Your taxes pay for most of the weapons used in this conflict.

That's better than my taxes paying for illegal aliens.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory."
    Aldo Leopold
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,948 Senior Member
    None of our business.
    No man is an island, entire of itself;
    every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
    if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less,
    as well as if a promontory were,
    as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were;
    any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
    it tolls for thee.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,181 Senior Member
    HAMAS.jpg
    http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2014/07/29/3775464/at-least-20-killed-by-israeli.html

At least 20 killed by Israeli tank shelling at UN school in Gaza, official says

dpaJuly 29, 2014

GAZA CITY - At least 20 people are killed and more than 50 injured when Israeli tanks shell a school used as an emergency shelter by refugees in Gaza, the Health Ministry says.

Ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qedra says tanks shelled the school run by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency in the northern Gaza refugee camp of Jabalia early Wednesday.

Witnesses tell Gaza radio stations that several tanks hit the al-Hussein school where scores of civilians had taken refuge after fleeing their homes during Israeli airstrikes.

"The death toll since the July 8 start of the Israeli war on the Gaza Strip has already reached 1,262 with more than 7,000 injured, two-thirds of them are civilians, including women and children," the ministry spokesman said
    Someone at McDonald's once said war is hell.
    Strange game the only winning move is not to play.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Mother trucking Buford quoting War Games?!?

Stop stealing my shtick!
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,991 Senior Member
    None of our business.

This

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Your congress supports 100% what Israel is doing in Gaza and wants to give Israel millions more of your tax money.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,991 Senior Member
    Oh well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Your congress supports 100% what Israel is doing in Gaza and wants to give Israel millions more of your tax money.

Thank G-d for Congress.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0

Its your congress, too.
    sherb wrote: »
    Its your congress, too.

Unfortunately, yes.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member

So you're not a citizen? That explain a lot.
    Now, if you are, that betrays a rather high level of hypocrisy. Every thing you don't like is everybody else's fault, regardless of how they vote. You need to wear the guilt, Ed.
    creekguy wrote: »
    So you're not a citizen? That explain a lot.
    Now, if you are, that betrays a rather high level of hypocrisy. Every thing you don't like is everybody else's fault, regardless of how they vote. You need to wear the guilt, Ed.

How am I not a citizen? I am not guilty of supporting a government that commits and supports war crimes, are you?
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,813 Senior Member
    1. Hamas breaks a truce by firing rockets from civilian sites, using innocents as shields, and infiltrating via tunnels to attack Israel. This happens repeatedly over the years.

2. Occasionally Israel retaliates when the attacks reach a tipping point. Many of Hamas' human shields are killed along with many others who happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time within a war zone. Each time a cease fire or truce - long or short term - is agreed Hamas breaks it by firing rockets and carrying out terrorist attacks in Israel.

3. As a result of the above Ed B. and countless others believe Israel is at fault.

Why do I fail to understand the logic behind this?
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    George K wrote: »
    1. Hamas breaks a truce by firing rockets from civilian sites, using innocents as shields, and infiltrating via tunnels to attack Israel. This happens repeatedly over the years.

2. Occasionally Israel retaliates when the attacks reach a tipping point. Many of Hamas' human shields are killed along with many others who happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time within a war zone. Each time a cease fire or truce - long or short term - is agreed Hamas breaks it by firing rockets and carrying out terrorist attacks in Israel.

3. As a result of the above Ed B. and countless others believe Israel is at fault.

Why do I fail to understand the logic behind this?

What evidence do you have that Hamas uses innocents as human shields? Where can innocents go when they are told their homes will be bombed, to the schools that are bombed also?
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,580 Senior Member
    I also go by the adage it takes two to make a fight. In this instance Israel has every right to defend themselves and if those rockets are going to be fired from schools and mosques and civilians do not evacuate, then God be with them. Israel, sends out robocalls and leaflets to warn civilians. Even if they didn't it doesn't take a genius to think, hey are those rockets being launched from that school? Yeah time to walk the other way" It also doesn't take a genius to realize that Hamas is using your kid's dead body to raise more money from gullible Arabs so they can sit in air conditioned hotel suites in Qatar. Palestinians will not be free of terror if they will not reject the terrorists.

At the same time this uprising did not come out of the ethos either. Eight years of blockade. Eight years of not even being able to go fishing to feed your families. I understand Israel believes they have their reasons. But the situation is only sustainable if the end goal is the elimination of the Palestinian people. If they want the Palestinians to recognize their right to exist, perhaps they should do the same for the Palestinians.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    What evidence do you have that Hamas uses innocents as human shields?

Even the Arab world recognizes this fact.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,873 Senior Member
    What evidence do you have that Hamas uses innocents as human shields?

What evidence do you have that Hamas isn't using innocents as human shields?

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

What evidence do you have that Hamas isn't using innocents as human shields?

None, just as there is no evidence that they are except what the Israeli government tells us.
    Even the Arab world recognizes this fact.

That's not a fact, it's what we are told.

BTW, there is no evidence rockets are being launched from schools, they may be launched near schools and hospitals, but not from them. That is no reason for Israel to bomb schools and hospitals directly. Hamas is at fault for locating them there, knowing that innocents will be killed, and that is a war crime also.
    So what do you suggest Ed? Should Israel just allow the continued bombardment of its citizens?
    So what do you suggest Ed? Should Israel just allow the continued bombardment of its citizens?

Israel is doing a good job of keeping its citizens from being harmed by rockets. The violence will not stop until the Palestinians have a reason to stop shooting rockets at Israel. They say they have had enough of the Israel blockade and occupation of Gaza for all these years and it has to stop. When that happens the rockets might stop. Israel has not been able to stop the rockets with their superior weapons so their military action will not solve the problem, just get more and more innocents killed.

So what do you suggest?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.