Made in the USA

2»

Replies

  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,115 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    Someone has to do it, else global anarchy will ensue.

    So then let someone else do it. It doesn't have to be the U.S. and I highly doubt global anarchy would ensue.

    Let their governments take care of their own problems without intervention from the U.S.

    Instead, how about spending that money on our infrastructure, our underfunded schools and citizens of the U.S. instead?

    Rockets are humanitarian aid. Who knew?
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,933 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    I just plotzed laughing so hard.

    I hope you didn't hurt yourself.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    it hurts.

    Btw, that's not a review, that's a book report summary.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,971 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    it hurts.

    Btw, that's not a review, that's a book report summary.

    By an Amazon staffer trying to sell the book.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,971 Senior Member
    joekrz wrote: »
    So then let someone else do it. It doesn't have to be the U.S. and I highly doubt global anarchy would ensue.

    Let their governments take care of their own problems without intervention from the U.S.

    Instead, how about spending that money on our infrastructure, our underfunded schools and citizens of the U.S. instead?

    Rockets are humanitarian aid. Who knew?


    Who would you recommend? China, Russia, Saudi Arabia?
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,115 Senior Member
    Don't care.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,971 Senior Member
    joekrz wrote: »
    Don't care.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

    You would if you had a grasp of how geopolitics works, but by the evidence of your posts you do not. To assume that the crazies and crooks with flags would not grow like mold on month-old peaches absent our international presence is naive, solipsistic blindness. To assume that this would not be disastrous for us is even more foolish.

    p.s. You want money for "our infrastructure, our underfunded schools and citizens of the U.S. instead"? Then man up and pay for it with bonds or taxes.

    Listening to conservatives moan about taxes,schools and infrastructure reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FMDyFJPCZw. If they really gave a **** about it they would pony-up.

    btw - We do not exercise power or influence everywhere, just where and when it is believed to be in our interests to do so, and it is true that hindsight often proves us wrong.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,933 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    By an Amazon staffer trying to sell the book.

    How do you know that?

    The unfavorable review was paid for, no?
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,971 Senior Member
    EdB wrote: »
    How do you know that?

    The unfavorable review was paid for, no?


    "Amazon.com Review"


    Publisher's Weekly is a trade journal that rarely says anything bad about a book. I would not go to it for a litcrit review, but that they would trash it is notable.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,933 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »

    "Amazon.com Review"


    Publisher's Weekly is a trade journal that rarely says anything bad about a book. I would not go to it for a litcrit review, but that they would trash it is notable.

    Of course Publisher's weekly is a corporation and would naturally trash someone who says American corporations employ hit men to economically control foreign countries with the tactics he says he used, so I would say both reviewers have an axe to grind. One should read the book and check the references so that one can decide for oneself.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,102 Senior Member
    I love how your circular reasoning helps you perpetuate your conspiracy.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,933 Senior Member
    I love how your circular reasoning helps you perpetuate your conspiracy.

    What conspiracy? The man wrote a book about his life experience as an economic hit man for U.S. corporations. Read the book.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,102 Senior Member
    It is also possible that the book really sucks, not that corporations are evil. Why the hell would Amazon give it a bad review and discourage sales. Oh I know corporations are evil.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Did I just enter Bizarro Lodge?
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,743 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Did I just enter Bizarro Lodge?
    No, you entered the Lodge.

    If it made sense with cogent arguments, THAT would be the Bizarro Lodge...
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,933 Senior Member
    It is also possible that the book really sucks, not that corporations are evil. Why the hell would Amazon give it a bad review and discourage sales. Oh I know corporations are evil.

    How would you know if the book sucks, have you read it?
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,102 Senior Member
    As usual you missed the point.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,115 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    You would if you had a grasp of how geopolitics works, but by the evidence of your posts you do not. To assume that the crazies and crooks with flags would not grow like mold on month-old peaches absent our international presence is naive, solipsistic blindness. To assume that this would not be disastrous for us is even more foolish.

    p.s. You want money for "our infrastructure, our underfunded schools and citizens of the U.S. instead"? Then man up and pay for it with bonds or taxes.

    Listening to conservatives moan about taxes,schools and infrastructure reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FMDyFJPCZw. If they really gave a **** about it they would pony-up.

    btw - We do not exercise power or influence everywhere, just where and when it is believed to be in our interests to do so, and it is true that hindsight often proves us wrong.

    George,

    I agree with your posts 99% of the time. However not this time.

    It's your way of thinking about geopolitics that causes the U.S. to still be involved in this crap.

    I don't have a problem manning up our tax dollars for infrastructure and underfunded schools. I do have a problem manning up to fund wars in another country though.

    Time to go. The tooth fair is knocking at my door.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj2tueJR6nI#t=164
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,102 Senior Member
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • swiperswiper Senior Member Posts: 396 Senior Member
    That is not the only thing that makes this stupid. There are refugees all over the middle east and those countries have the simple common human decency to not only let them in, they feed them. Too bad we don't have the same moral values as those horrible Muslims.


    LOL. Lefties with facts. Dangerous!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.