What I've been working on lately...

Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior MemberPosts: 3,918 Senior Member
I made the mistake of daring one of my roller derby friends publicly the other day

Never dare a derby girl. Especially not in front of other derby girls

And thus the special project was born. 9 derby shoots so far and the most any of them have worn is 3 feet of duct tape

And skates

Caution - tastefully done but not safe for work. And for the weak of stomach a warning that a photographer selfie is in there too because I wouldn't ask them to do anything I wouldn't.

https://m.flickr.com/photos/rs_butner/sets/72157645573600346/

Replies

• JLTJLT Senior Member Posts: 484 Senior Member
    While the "girl" photos are great, the "male" photo is more Butner than ANYONE of us want to see!
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,077 Senior Member
    Is that a telephoto lens or are you happy to be here?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »
    Is that a telephoto lens or are you happy to be here?

do I *LOOK* happy to be there?? lol

the things I do for my derby girls.

Laura's comment while taking the pic: "Dear, I don't think you really need that big of a lens, do you?"
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,048 Senior Member
    do I *LOOK* happy to be there?? lol

the things I do for my derby girls.

Laura's comment while taking the pic: "Dear, I don't think you really need that big of a lens, do you?"

You should re-shoot it as a video using a long zoom lens.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,419 Senior Member
    I hear they are interested in using him in the sequel to Magic Mike.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Your reply could be along the lines "Yes if you'd let me turn up the AC thermostat."
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,336 Senior Member
    Dear God...why...why when I got the page not found did I go to google and search for Butner on Flikr...why!!!!!!!
    lol -- I warned you guys!
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 1,030 Senior Member
    That's calendar stuff, Scott! You could use your photo as the back page. I'm about half-serious; the team could probably use some extra money and this would be a pretty hinky way to get it.

Jim
    The calendar idea has been tossed about. Some team members are gung ho.

Cumulatively the photos have drawn 20,000+ views in 48 hours so there's certainly interest
    jbilly wrote: »
    Dear God...why...why when I got the page not found did I go to google and search for Butner on Flikr...why!!!!!!!

Forget forgetting. We'll be happy to remind you of that time you ogled...I mean googled Butner.

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,336 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »
    Forget forgetting. We'll be happy to remind you of that time you ogled...I mean googled Butner.

Oh don't worry. Sadly I am sure nothing can make me forget Butner and his zoom lens. I am afraid I am scarred for life. I guess on the bright side at least we didn't have to see his hairy a$$ crack...oh the humanity.
    That's the nuclear deterrent. V

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.