Actually read this on FB today..

Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior MemberPosts: 3,918 Senior Member
.... And it came from an old school mate of mine. Our social studies teacher is still alive and reading Facebook - I suspect he's wondering "what was the use?!"

"...I guess this just proves that Israel's great Christian God is more powerful than their week (sic) terrorist Allah...."

Replies

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,886 Senior Member
    It always amazes me that so many people do not know that "Allah" simply means the (one true) God and is the God of Abraham worshiped also by Christians and Jews. Many English words beginning in al are Arabic in origin, coming to us via Moorish Spain, I guess. Alcohol, alchemy, alfalfa, algorithm, alcove and algebra are among the most obvious ones.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,757 Senior Member
    Alfalfa was a Muslim? Who knew?

a.jpg
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    So my god can beat up your god?
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,757 Senior Member
    My God's better than your God
    My God's better than yours
    My God's better because he loves aryan nation
    My God's better than yours.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,271 Senior Member
    .... And it came from an old school mate of mine. Our social studies teacher is still alive and reading Facebook - I suspect he's wondering "what was the use?!"

"...I guess this just proves that Israel's great Christian God is more powerful than their week (sic) terrorist Allah...."

Israel's Christian God?

Wow.
  • fishnbanjofishnbanjo Senior Member Posts: 240 Senior Member
    Wow, you forgot Al Capone! :cool:
    George K wrote: »
    It always amazes me that so many people do not know that "Allah" simply means the (one true) God and is the God of Abraham worshiped also by Christians and Jews. Many English words beginning in al are Arabic in origin, coming to us via Moorish Spain, I guess. Alcohol, alchemy, alfalfa, algorithm, alcove and algebra are among the most obvious ones.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.