Home The Lodge

Hextall's Big Checker Misadventure

George KGeorge K Super ModeratorPosts: 10,518 Senior Member

Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    The bridge in the background is what I walked across every day... Like an undocumented worker.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,534 Senior Member
    **** it I really don't care anymore. It at least has the virtue of showing your true colors.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • bakerloobakerloo Banned Posts: 980 Senior Member
    Alright that is ****. That post should be deleted immediately.

Then I would feel ****!
    hahaah
    **** it I really don't care anymore. It at least has the virtue of showing your true colors.

Now you're hurting my feelings. :rolleyes:
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,518 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    The bridge in the background is what I walked across every day... Like an undocumented worker.

It could have been worse. You might have had to wade and swim your way across the canal.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    George K wrote: »
    It could have been worse. You might have had to wade and swim your way across the canal.

And if he had to do that, his back would get wet.
    And when your back is wet, we delete a post!
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0

Uh oh. What did I miss?
    I said something something about Hex having a back that was wet. You know the term that refers to Hispanics that cross the Rio Grande while entering the US illegally...
    Comic got his panties twisted and asked for my post to be deleted.
    I now know why he isn't a big name comedian. I'm guessing knock knock jokes don't get you very far in that biz.
    So, the hot new food trend in London is Mexican. Everybody wanted to go out on Friday for lunch for burritos.
    Now, why the %$#@ would I want Mexican food in a place with no Mexicans?
    It's too far to swim and many drown while trying to cross the Atlantic in the trunk of the car.
    Last time I was in London (12 years ago) there was no Mexican food to be found. Plenty of Indian food, so I got my spice fix.
    My first night I did curry.
    Second night was shepherd's pie and third night was fish and chips (which wasn't that good).
    Eggplant ravioli and salmon tagliatelle in Milan. Viener schnitzel in both Frankfurt and Vienna.

This annual trip is hell (4 cities, 5 days) in which I'm taking sleeping pills at night offset by endless cups of coffee during the day, but I do eat well.
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 2,076 Senior Member
    good mexican food with no mexicans around sounds ideal, no?

hi comic!
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
    Who do you think is cooking at Cracker Barrel?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Who do you think is cooking at Cracker Barrel?

Alright that is ****. That post should be deleted immediately.
    References to "crackers" is highly offensive to an Anglo like myself!

How was that? Do my panties seem twisted enough?
    Knock knock...
    So wait a barrel full of crackers is offensive? How so?

No but you do seem bigoted enough.

I wonder if you posted what you posted on facebook with everyone seeing your name associated with it, how long you would be allowed to teach children.
    tim_s wrote: »

hi comic!

POTD right here.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,518 Senior Member
    tim_s wrote: »

hi comic!

Obviously you missed the "First Lady" thread.:)

Perhaps you also confuse Tex-Mex and Americanized "Mexican" food with good Mexican cooking. Taco Bell doesn't serve stuff like oxtails braised in red wine and unsweetened chocolate served with a real Caesar salad and a good red from Baja.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement