Home The Lodge

Did I miss the thread on the illegal immigrant kids?

1234568»

Replies

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 6,022 Senior Member
    Why do you even read that garbage? It is a site full of liars founded by a liar.

What part is a lie? One of my best friends works for ICE and he confirmed it is true.

I am sure glad we are making sure no ones feelings are getting hurt instead of addressing the root of the problem. THank god we have political correctness to worry about.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,564 Senior Member
    This is the law.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c107:1:./temp/~c107YxMueP:e219143:
    (g) DEFINITIONS- As used in this section--

(1) the term `placement' means the placement of an unaccompanied alien child in either a detention facility or an alternative to such a facility; and

(2) the term `unaccompanied alien child' means a child who--

(A) has no lawful immigration status in the United States;

(B) has not attained 18 years of age; and

(C) with respect to whom--

(i) there is no parent or legal guardian in the United States; or

(ii) no parent or legal guardian in the United States is available to provide care and physical custody.

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/orr/programs/ucs/about
    Their youth, their separation from a protective environment or person, and the hazardous journey they embark make UAC especially vulnerable to becoming victims of human trafficking, exploitation, and abuse. UAC have multiple, inter-related reasons for undertaking the difficult journey of traveling to the United States. UAC leave their home countries to rejoin family already in the United States, to escape abusive family relationships in their home country, or to find work to support their families in the home country.

*An unaccompanied alien child is a child who has no lawful immigration status in the United States; has not attained 18 years of age; and, with respect to whom, there is no parent or legal guardian in the United States, or no parent or legal guardian in the United States available to provide care and physical custody.
    See 6 U.S.C. § 279(g)(2)

UAC has no negative meaning. There is no politically correct reason to change it and changing it does not change their immigration status. Unless they are changing it to allow the administration to deport them, which under the law signed by GWB, would not be appropriate.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement