Home The Lodge

Did I miss the thread on the illegal immigrant kids?

Replies

• bakerloobakerloo Banned Posts: 980 Senior Member
    HUGE EYEROLL.

So tell me again, how would you secure the border?
    Whatever Comic...
    You're not in favor of Mexican control and I'm not in favor of gun control.
    You go hug your illegal aliens and I'll hug my AR15 with those wonderful 30rd mags.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,564 Senior Member
    So you got nothing.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    bakerloo wrote: »
    With an AC 130 flying over it day and night.

Well at least that would be a jobs program. Where do we get the trillion dollars to fund it?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Buford wrote: »
    I see so many out of date registration stickers it's scary. Those vehicles have no insurance and the only time they get cited is when they get a moving violation ticket.

I don't know about you, but I have been pulled over for expired tags. It doesn't take that much effort.
    Buford wrote: »
    Something along the lines of the Berlin wall.

Who do you think the gacachos will hire to build it? Then how do you fund it?
    We give Mexico about $1B in aid every year. Let's reduce that to $45.64/year. Then reduce the rest of the world to 50%.
    Just a thought.
    If we build it, they won't come!
    That's a catchy phrase. I wonder if I should copy write it?
    I crack myself up.:p
    Don't steal my material Comic.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,372 Senior Member

Yes, the press found out that the big border fence built south of San Diego was partly built with illegal laborers.

2006 "A fence-building company in Southern California agrees to pay nearly $5 million in fines for hiring illegal immigrants. Two executives from the company may also serve jail time. The Golden State Fence Company's work includes some of the border fence between San Diego and Mexico. After an immigration check in 1999 found undocumented workers on its payroll, Golden State promised to clean house. But when followup checks were made in 2004 and 2005, some of those same illegal workers were still on the job. In fact, U-S Attorney Carol Lam says as many as a third of the company's 750 workers may have been in the country illegally."
    Did watch the video?

BTW I had a Latin teacher in High School that got through the Berlin Wall. How big is that fence? Anywhere near 2,000 miles?
    creekguy wrote: »
    Yes, the press found out that the big border fence built south of San Diego was partly built with illegal laborers.

2006 "A fence-building company in Southern California agrees to pay nearly $5 million in fines for hiring illegal immigrants. Two executives from the company may also serve jail time. The Golden State Fence Company's work includes some of the border fence between San Diego and Mexico. After an immigration check in 1999 found undocumented workers on its payroll, Golden State promised to clean house. But when followup checks were made in 2004 and 2005, some of those same illegal workers were still on the job. In fact, U-S Attorney Carol Lam says as many as a third of the company's 750 workers may have been in the country illegally."

Do you think if the owner was facing prison time, that some of those same illegal workers would still be on the job?
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 6,022 Senior Member
    If we build it, they won't come!
    That's a catchy phrase. I wonder if I should copy write it?

LMFAO....that is fantastic. I'm going to steal that and do as Goldie suggested and write my wonderful Senators and Representative again with your tag line

We need a catchy name for the wall.

The XXXX wall, a shovel ready project.

Well at least that would be a jobs program. Where do we get the trillion dollars to fund it?

Wow, at 2000 miles that is only 500 million dollars per mile. That is going to be one hell of a **** wall.

As for the funding, hell just like the 2 billion Obama wants for this we will just print some more f*^%ing money. Surely the left is concerned with us balancing the budget or cutting other programs to fund this. Why the fiscal concern now.
    Actually the Democrats are the ones who are concerned with finding a way to pay for things, even wars.

Tell us again how Reagan reduced the deficit.
    jbilly wrote: »
    LMFAO....that is fantastic. I'm going to steal that and do as Goldie suggested and write my wonderful Senators and Representative again with your tag line

We need a catchy name for the wall.

The XXXX wall, a shovel ready project.

Wailing Wall West... The Libs will be wailing because we stopped millions of new Democrats from crossing the border.
    Wailing Wall West... The Libs will be wailing because we stopped millions of new Democrats from crossing the border.

How about something like the Gringo Gates. Maybe this will appeal to the left since it mocks whitey.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,928 Senior Member

There it is folks, the only reason the right has for getting rid of the illegal aliens. They're afraid of losing elections. The thought of some undocumented immigrant stepping up to vote (if that could actually happen) for Hillary scares the crap out of guys like Bakerloo.

No wonder he whines so much about this.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

Why is it that congressmen/women only accept email from their constituents? If one of them stands on the border outside their district flapping their gums I should be able to write them and tell them my thoughts.
    There it is folks, the only reason the right has for getting rid of the illegal aliens. They're afraid of losing elections. The thought of some undocumented immigrant stepping up to vote (if that could actually happen) for Hillary scares the crap out of guys like Bakerloo.

No wonder he whines so much about this.

Hell yes we're afraid of losing elections. Look what losing the last 2 has done for us...A depressed economy is the new norm.
    They will never vote to decrease their free stuff.
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    They will never vote to decrease their free stuff.

SNAP programs cuts, Sequester cuts, lots of cuts. Budget deficit down from 1T to $500M. Out of Iraq and getting out of Afghan.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    I'm going fishing for 2 weeks. This better be settled by the time I get back.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
    dryflie wrote: »

That better be 2 weeks using Giligan's Island time then. Have a good trip.
    dryflie wrote: »

Don't slip and fall while wading. I would hate for your back to get wet.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,280 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    I guess we are going to need a price drop on lettuce to make up for this. Oh wait, illegal immigration is free, I forgot.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-to-ask-for-2-billion-in-emergency-funds-to-stem-immigration-influx/2014/06/28/f532babe-ff2e-11e3-8176-f2c941cf35f1_story.html

IMO, This should be reason enough for everyone and anyone to want to stop illegal immigration by using whatever means possible.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,280 Senior Member
    My parents were hit by an illegal alien. (My mom spent 45 days in a hospital.) It was a hit and run. My brother caught 1 of the occupants in the vineyard. He said he wasn't driving the car and because they couldn't prove he was driving he was let go by the police. He said the driver was an illeagl alien, but he didn't know where the guy lived. The car was unregistered.

About 10 years ago a good friend of mine was traveling for work down in TX. He got T-boned by an illegal alien that was driving drunk with no license and no car insurance and now my friends back is effed up for life from this. The illegal alien got off free...similar situation as what happened to your parents.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    My parents were hit by an illegal alien. (My mom spent 45 days in a hospital.) It was a hit and run. My brother caught 1 of the occupants in the vineyard. He said he wasn't driving the car and because they couldn't prove he was driving he was let go by the police. He said the driver was an illeagl alien, but he didn't know where the guy lived. The car was unregistered.

Now this is what Comic should put in his act. I laughed.
    Hextall wrote: »
    Now this is what Comic should put in his act. I laughed.

Here in CA the Mexicans put up white crosses and fake flowers along the roads where someone in their family died in a car accident. I laugh too!
    Looks like we're both @ssholes! ;)
    Folks don't know what the rules are....

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/06/30/obama_immigration_system_is_so_broken_that_folks_dont_know_the_rules.html#ooid=A5YWdqbjo1lCwdbtMoIPBKyFCdypKxOQ

Oh I think everyone knows what the rules are you and your buddies just don't want to enforce them
    I need to brush up on my Constitutional law. I missed that section giving the executive branch the ability to borrow power from Congress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6oLHd9WjXo
    Why do you even read that garbage? It is a site full of liars founded by a liar.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 3,119 Senior Member
    Why do you even read that garbage? It is a site full of liars founded by a liar.

Do you have a link?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement