Home The Lodge

They should be in prison, not on TV

EdBEdB Senior MemberPosts: 2,967 Senior Member
That major criminal **** Cheney is on TV as I speak, spewing his garbage.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article38888.htm

By William Rivers Pitt
June 21, 2014 "ICH" - "Truthout"- I wrote my first article on the folly of an Iraq invasion in August of 2002. There are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, I argued. There are no 9/11 connections in Iraq. There is no al Qaeda presence in Iraq, because Saddam Hussein was notorious for hanging Wahabbists from the nearest available light pole. An invasion would tear the country apart, explode sectarian tensions, and plunge the region into chaos.

Neither I nor the world knew at that time that George W. Bush and Tony Blair had decided four months earlier that the deal was going down no matter what. Neither I nor the world knew at that time that a decision had been made one month earlier to ensure that "intelligence and facts" would be "fixed around the policy" of invasion. I stayed on the no-invasion beat for the next seven months, writing dozens of articles and a book, as the world watched millions of people take to the streets in an attempt to stop something that was, as it turns out, inevitable.

Let me put it plainly: these people do not belong on my television. They belong in prison, for the crimes of theft, torture and murder. They shattered the lives of thousands of American soldiers and millions of Iraqi civilians. They savaged the American economy paying for it all, and several of them got very rich in the process. They should be in orange jumpsuits and fetters, picking mealworms out of their gruel while shuttered in very small, very grim, very inescapable metal rooms.

I spent the first decade of the 21st century dealing with these blood-sodden bastards. Now, it appears, I will spend a chunk of a second decade watching them run around trying desperately to wash that blood from their hands...and the "news" media, also thoroughly culpable in this ongoing debacle, is all too happy to help them do it.

That, too, should be a crime.

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 3,010 Senior Member
    Now Ed if they belong in prison's that's where they would be.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,967 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Now Ed if they belong in prison's that's where they would be.

Are you saying they don't belong in prison?
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 3,010 Senior Member
    I don't think so.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    Oh, they belong in prison, we're just not willing to put the nation through the trauma it would cause. We elected the **** fool (not me personally but 50.1% did) and our elected representatives gave him the authority to act. This was a national crime.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,524 Senior Member
    You also have to operate on the conclusion that they knowingly lied not that they simply chose information that supported their conclusions. Some of us should be able to relate to that sort of thinking.

I think if you watch Frontline's Bush's war, you would see that it is not as black and white as some would make you believe. In either case, this was the most egregious decision ever made in the history of our country.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,500 Senior Member
    I've held off saying it about Iraq, but "people get the form of government they deserve" certainly applies to the 50.1% who voted for Bush/Cheney.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement