Home The Lodge

Rachael Maddow.....

EdBEdB Senior MemberPosts: 3,099 Senior Member
....lowers the boom on war crazy buffoons. She's an American journalist Comic, I listen to her too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/18/maddow-iraq-media-coverage_n_5506739.html

Rachel Maddow hammered her fellow members of the media on her Tuesday show for their continual booking of a series of Iraq War architects and cheerleaders to comment on the country's current crisis.

Everyone from Bush administration official Paul Wolfowitz to disgraced former New York Times reporter Judith Miller has been trotted out across various networks to give their opinion about what should be done to combat the militant group ISIS. Maddow was clearly less-than-pleased by this

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,564 Senior Member
    I thought she was part of that government controlled mainstream media, you spend so much time decrying.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 3,099 Senior Member
    She was until this latest Iraq disintegration. Like most MSM journalists, she was more interested in building her career by not disputing the government supplied propaganda, but she along with some politicians like Sen. Reid have realized that it is so obvious how wrong the gov't has been about Iraq they have to come out against the neocon buffoons who are trying to reinvade Iraq.
    Oh so she was, but now she agrees with you. Interesting.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Not everybody is intractable and a dyed in the wool government supporter like you. C'mon man, admit you've been wrong all along like a lot of former gov't defenders are doing.
    If I were to tell you that she believes the 9/11 commission report and thinks the towers were taken down by terrorists and not thermite, would she then be a corrupt government lackey again?
    Are you sure that's what she believes?
    Pretty sure. I actually watch her daily.
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    Rachel did a hammer job on Cheney (**** and Liz) tonight. It's always invigorating to relive the Cheney Iraq history.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement