Home The Lodge

War crazy bufoons

EdBEdB Senior MemberPosts: 2,967 Senior Member
They've been on TV beating the drums for repeating the original disaster in Iraq that they caused and the MSM is giving them a platform once again.

http://www.salon.com/2014/06/17/stop_treating_war_crazy_buffoons_as_experts_they_got_it_wrong_remember/

Stop treating war-crazy buffoons as experts! They got it wrong, remember?

Wolfowitz, Kristol and the rest of the neocons should be pariahs. Instead they're on Sunday show round tables
Simon Maloy

Replies

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,749 Senior Member
    What does Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka have to say about this?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    I must be getting OCD. It's making me crazy that you misspelled buffoon.
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 2,076 Senior Member
    joekrz wrote: »
    what does jimmy "superfly" snuka have to say about this?

Sent from my sch-i535 using tapatalk 2

potd......
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    The fact that Joe knows Jimmy Snuka is unsettling..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,534 Senior Member
    I did a comedy show in Long Island once where there was a poster of an upcoming match with Jimmy Snuka. It was so sad to think that even at his age at the time, he still had to do circuit gigs to survive.

Ed, Think about this for a second, even on a subject where a large portion of the posters might even be inclined to agree with you, you are not being taken seriously.

I agree that we should not take what Bill Kristol has to say on Iraq, any more seriously than we take your posts on the same subject.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,967 Senior Member
    I did a comedy show in Long Island once where there was a poster of an upcoming match with Jimmy Snuka. It was so sad to think that even at his age at the time, he still had to do circuit gigs to survive.

Ed, Think about this for a second, even on a subject where a large portion of the posters might even be inclined to agree with you, you are not being taken seriously.

I agree that we should not take what Bill Kristol has to say on Iraq, any more seriously than we take your posts on the same subject.

If you don't take what I say seriously, why do you keep replying to my posts, and what makes you think you speak for everyone else on this forum?
    I tell you what Ed, take a poll. Ask how many people here take you seriously and do not think these are the ravings of a paranoid conspiracy theorist.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    You take a poll, you're the one making the accusation.

We talk here about Shiites and Sunnis as if they’ve never lived together. Most Arab countries have Shiites and Sunnis, and a lot of them live perfectly well together.--Bill Kristol
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,749 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    The fact that Joe knows Jimmy Snuka is unsettling..

Mike

Snap into a Slim Jim. :D
    sherb wrote: »
    We talk here about Shiites and Sunnis as if they’ve never lived together. Most Arab countries have Shiites and Sunnis, and a lot of them live perfectly well together.--Bill Kristol

How many of them live perfectly well together because of totalitarian regimes that are too strong to overthrow? Remember this is the guy that told us there would be no insurgency and that we would be out of Iraq in 6 months. He should never be allowed to speak on this subject ever again.

The fact is Al-Maliki aggravated these differences by excluding the Sunni from the government. Without these animosities a group of between 800 and 8,000 (depending on who is giving the numbers.) would not have been able to defeat 30,000 Iraqi soldiers.
    EdB wrote: »
    You take a poll, you're the one making the accusation.

Okay, Ed. Then look at the responses you receive. How many of them are from people that think you are not out of touch?
    How many of them live perfectly well together because of totalitarian regimes that are too strong to overthrow?

In Iraq? All of them. At least before 2003. Quite unbelievable to me that conservatives of all people, didn't stop to think about the unintended consequences of removing a dictator. But then Neoconservative is just a label, a way to distinguish themselves from leftists. Historically, they would be considered liberal internationalists. Certainly the Iraq war was a futile exercise in Wilsonian adventurism.
    Remember this is the guy that told us there would be no insurgency and that we would be out of Iraq in 6 months. He should never be allowed to speak on this subject ever again.

I agree. Who's going to stop him though? Every time the MSM wants an opinion they run to Kristol, Wolfowitz, Cheney, et al. Makes Ed B look reasonable by comparison.
    On this we agree.
    That's what I have been saying for years. You agree with what I have been saying but you don't take what I say seriously. Something is wrong with this picture, it doesn't make sense, but you rarely do.
    That was my point. You have alienated people who may even be inclined to agree with you.
    How did I alienate anyone, by speaking what I think is the truth? How does that alienate anyone?
    Tell us how the towers fell.

Because I have to be honest. It takes no particular prescience to see that Kristol was wrong. Comic and I are on opposite sides of the political spectrum, and we agree on that. So kudos to you for saying something that's obvious. But what about all the other crackpot stuff? And when someone disagrees, your natural inclination is to attack them rather than engage their arguments.
    I don't know how the towers fell, all I ask for is a new investigation to find out the truth. I don't believe the government version of what happened, do you? As someone here has said, governments lie and politicians lie. We know for sure that the government lied about Iraq, have they lied about 9-11? Why do you think it's crackpot stuff to not believe the government and ask for the truth?

I don't think I have attacked anyone, I have defended my positions and sometimes responded in kind when attacked personally for what I say. I am not perfect and I'm sure I can do a better job of remaining objective in the face of personal attack, I'll work on that.
    I don't know how the towers fell, all I ask for is a new investigation to find out the truth. I don't believe the government version of what happened, do you?

Yes. Two planes were hijacked and flown into them. A thorough investigation into the facts and circumstances was already conducted. For whatever reason, you don't accept that. Instead you assert that because Kristol was wrong about Iraq that the government lies about everything. That's what the logicians call a non sequitur. See, you're bad at making your case. As it happens, because your default position is that "the government" is lying, you're bound to be right once in a while. You merely have to wait long enough. Its actually ironically enough like Kristol's position that the answer to every problem is to use military force. But that's not an argument. Its crackpot nonsense that occasionally happens to coincide with reality.

The first and foremost duty of an engaged citizen is to only deal with reality. That's why I don't listen to Kristol, and I don't listen to you.
    By saying you believe the government version, in my opinion, you are not dealing with reality. We disagree, so be it.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    I must be getting OCD. It's making me crazy that you misspelled buffoon.

You had to say this, didn't you. It's like an "eyeworm"..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    By saying you believe the government version, in my opinion, you are not dealing with reality. We disagree, so be it.

Well Sherb at least he didn't call you a war criminal. So you got that going for you.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member

This is Sherb's point. It is not that the governments position is always right no one here advocates that it is. However you have argued that the governments position on every **** thing is wrong; that is why many people discredit you.
    jbilly wrote: »
    This is Sherb's point. It is not that the governments position is always right no one here advocates that it is. However you have argued that the governments position on every **** thing is wrong; that is why many people discredit you.

As an advocate of Technocracy, I hold the position that the government's maintaining of the status quo money/political system is wrong. Therefore, most of the government policies are wrong, especially its foreign policy which is totally unnecessary except as a tool to maintain the present money system. I am appalled at the mass murder and destruction carried out by the government around the world in order to maintain that system.

Some of their policies such as Medicare/Medicaid and social security are good as far as they go but even those are inadequate as millions of Americans are without healthcare because they lack the money to pay for insurance. The government corruption in the political system is wrong in their corporate driven policies of continuing the development and use of fossil fuels to maintain gas driven autos which is more profitable than eco-friendly wind and solar power. This is the reason for our disastrous meddling in the M.E. and around the world.

So yes, most government policies are wrong because they are intended to maintain the present inadequate and outmoded social structure. Most of my postings here are intended to point that out thus your feeling that I should be discredited for doing so. I hope that you can understand that I have taken my stance as a positive outlook for the future hoping that people will see the necessity for basic social change to a scientific energy based social system that can replace our present wasteful and self destructive social structure.
    Nobody feels like they need to discredit you. Your sources are bunk and your theories are balderdash. And anytime someone tries to point out to you that those sources are not reliable and the information contained is provably incorrect, you call us lackies for the system and supporters of war criminals. You are rude and out of touch. You actually think that a news source supported by the oligarchy in Russia is a reliable source. You believe this to be true because it supports your worldview. For crying out loud in your mind Putin is a freedom fighter and our democratically elected leaders are tyrants. We have no need to discredit you, you do that to yourself and then claim victimhood.

In fact in many ways you and **** Cheney are a lot alike. You both discredit any information as false that does not support your already arrived at conclusions and you are willing to call anyone that disagrees with you a traitor and a fool.
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    You guys are nuts to try to reason with Ed, it's a true hopeless cause.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
    I'm a Democrat, we are huge on hopeless causes.
    BTW if the government were actually in control of the media, you would think they would make themselves look less like incompetent fools.
    BTW if the government were actually in control of the media, you would think they would make themselves look less like incompetent fools.

So the government looks like incompetent fools eh? You're sounding more and more like me. Someone here might discredit you for saying that.

BTW, how did that poll turn out?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement