how do you prepare

Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior MemberPosts: 970 Senior Member
cantaloupe? do you cut into pieces or wedges with the rind still attached?
"All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    with rind still attached if it is to be eaten right away into pieces if to be kept and eaten over several days
  • Rip_10Rip_10 Member Posts: 43 Member
    Cut it into 6 pieces/wedges, trim the rind off, store uneaten pieces in Tupperware. Next time grab a piece and eat it.
  • Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    just trying to be a little more helpful around the house. these are good tips and will certainly raise my domestic status.
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Are you preparing it to use as a weapon? then just smash the whole melon into someone's stupid face.
    you are speaking my language. i was kind of hoping for a pregame talk to prepare the melon for the smashing of the face but i do appreciate the eating tips too cause cantaloupe is pretty good.
    You can try to talk to the melon, but from my experience, melons can't be reasoned with.
    im not into reasoning with the cantaloupes. i need them to perform.
    From my experience, cantaloupes have performance anxiety. which is why I smash a cantaloupe's face with a honeydew.
    ahhh the universe has once more returned to it's normal resonant frequency
    the honeydew I believe is underappreciated. far too often a single row of honeydew serves to dress up cantaloupes, pineapples, watermelons.
    If you were to smash a man in the face with cantaloupes how many cantaloupes would it take to kill him?
  • oc stomiasoc stomias Senior Member Posts: 348 Senior Member
    well, you slice it into narrow wedges, cut off the peel, then wrap it in warm chewy bacon.
    To eat, you take off the bacon, eat it, then throw away the melon.
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    I would like Lindsay Lohan to smash her honeydew into my face.

bd
    Ah, at last, a Lohan post.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.