the latest republican talking point.

Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior MemberPosts: 3,918 Senior Member
is apparently, "I'm not qualified to do my job."

or something close to it.

Boehner, Rubio, et al answer questions about climate change policy by stating that they are not scientists.

Yet somehow, the lack of credentials doesn't stop them from acting on other policy issues that they know nothing about.....

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/05/29/3442887/scientists-rip-boehner-climate-comments/

Replies

• WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    I don't know where I heard it, probably John Stewart. My own examples---Senator do believe that **** is bad? I am sorry, I am not a scientist and have no experience with the problem. Would falling off a twelve story building end in your death? Sorry I am not a scientist.....
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,271 Senior Member
    Then they are not qualified to dismiss the scientists. Perhaps they should accept what 97% of them are saying.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    What **** is saying is...I'm not qualified to believe the 97% or to disbelieve the 3%....therefore I disbelieve nothing and believe nothing. Honestly if it doesn't impact the local DC golf courses then there really isn't anything to worry about.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    The oceans will rise 10 feet in the next decade! - 1997, Al Gore (not a scientist)
    Al Gore (not a scientist) was wrong but not totally....Oceans levels will rise over the next 100 years. Probably 2 feet or more in the next 50 years.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Buffy will have to get back to us on this "sure thing," since he'll be the only one of us with any chance to still be alive to see these predictions come true.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,899 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Buffy will have to get back to us on this "sure thing," since he'll be the only one of us with any chance to still be alive to see these predictions come true.

Not if he keeps posting Bush Rules posts he won't

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    Bush envy.

I'll get back to you guys. I'll text you in Heaven.
    We can't get texts in heaven, that's why it's Heaven. You have to send messages by Angel.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.