Look at George Bush

BuffcoBuffco Senior MemberPosts: 10,396 Senior Member
Right across the plate.

ygemudan.jpg

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,072 Senior Member
    Well he got one thing right anyway.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,396 Senior Member
    Barack is high and left.

Badum-tish
    He still did better than 50 Cents.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    It's 50 Cent. Singular.

He's been shot 9 times.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    That pitch would have been crushed.. Just sayin'

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    No way. It had plenty of heat on it. Shock and awe, baby.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,947 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    That pitch would have been crushed.. Just sayin'

Mike

Yep, BP all the way.
  • Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    This is pretty funny.
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
    manny's first pitch last week

aungybmpxfdylmayrfbc.gif

cut off by damon
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Buffco wrote: »
    No way. It had plenty of heat on it. Shock and awe, baby.

It was more like a roundhouse curve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxR1tZ08FcI
    Was Nolan Ryan trying to brush somebody back?
    Steven wrote: »
    It was more like a roundhouse curve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxR1tZ08FcI

Catcher's mitt didn't budge. Right in there.

God bless George Bush, AMERICA'S president.
    Was Nolan Ryan trying to brush somebody back?

This is the part I don't understand. What first pitch is this referring to? His first ever pitch as a pro? Was it a ceremonial pitch?
    It says ceremonial.

There's another one of W throwing the first pitch at an All-Star game with GB1 by his side, so they weren't on the mound. Threw it in there like it was nothing.

GB1 played D1 baseball at Yale. W got some genes.
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    Can we count this as the highlight of his career? I'm OK with that.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
    When you take your meds tonight, remember to thank George W. Bush for getting somebody else to pay for them.
    When you take your meds tonight, remember to thank George W. Bush for getting somebody else to pay for them.

Oh Steven if you only knew. Thanks to the Bush Drug plan I pay 10X the cost our actual annual medication expense. From a fiscal point of view I should totally bail on Part D as it costs way more than it provides but my wife fears the potential yearly penalty it imposes for backing out. Worst plan ever for people like me with few medical problems.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
    dryflie wrote: »
    Oh Steven if you only knew. Thanks to the Bush Drug plan I pay 10X the cost our actual annual medication expense.

This is like complaining that you didn't die last year, so you overpaid for your life insurance.
    This is like complaining that you didn't die last year, so you overpaid for your life insurance.

No it's not like that at all....I don't have or believe in Life Insurance. I think it's the great rip off.

And contributing more to the deficit than the whole of Obamacare.
    dryflie wrote: »
    Oh Steven if you only knew. Thanks to the Bush Drug plan I pay 10X the cost our actual annual medication expense. From a fiscal point of view I should totally bail on Part D as it costs way more than it provides but my wife fears the potential yearly penalty it imposes for backing out. Worst plan ever for people like me with few medical problems.

Maybe it is your part D that is the problem. My mother pays no more than $3 for a 90 supply of each of her medications. So even if you figure in the $22 (part b and d) a month she pays, it is not like you are being raked over the coals.
    I just snorted.

Well, if you're going to complain that you're not really getting your money's worth from Part D because you're healthy, then I get to complain about paying for women's birth control - because I sure as hell don't get enough.
    Maybe it is your part D that is the problem. My mother pays no more than $3 for a 90 supply of each of her medications. So even if you figure in the $22 (part b and d) a month she pays, it is not like you are being raked over the coals.

I have to figure in the $43 each of us pay per month. The amount differs from State to State.
    because I sure as hell don't get enough.
    I agree...you're not getting enough should not be a taxpayer problem.
    Start eating more sodium and you will get your money's worth.
    Listen. This thread was about America, Jack. On that day, our president stood ON the mound and didn't just throw a ball. He delivered a message. In his FDNY jacket, with a bullet proof vest underneath, he delivered a perfect pitch that should give everyone everywhere, freedom boners.

On that day, his pitch told the message; that our aim would be true, and our balls swift.

Cue eagle screech.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,897 Senior Member
    160x160x91-pile-of-poo.png.pagespeed.ic.mspIyQzBWq.png

There, that's better

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

160x160x91-pile-of-poo.png.pagespeed.ic.mspIyQzBWq.png

There, that's better

If you want to make a thread about Obama's first pitch, go right ahead.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.