Photo essay for Buffco

I rented a trencher to install some irrigation lines. Mayhem ensued.

I got the lines around the house dug without too much of a problem. Those are for the sprinklers.
photooftrencherandhouse_zpsb60ca811.jpg
photooftrencher_zpse4584c4b.jpg

I had to cut a main line for the 4" pipe from the top of the property down to where the house is. Super fun.

photo_zps50361edf.jpg

I got the trencher stuck at one point.

stucktrencher_zps957cbe9d.jpg

And I cut the 8" irrigation main line. Which even though it was an expensive repair, it worked out OK because now I know where it is. This thing was a sonofabitch to fix.

mainlinebreak_zpsc96972c4.jpg

Anyway, that was my weekend.

Gratuitous fish ****.

IMGP1191_zps95f0a696.jpg

Replies

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,209 Senior Member
    No fire pics??! It's like you're not even trying at this point.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,325 Senior Member
    You should have put in a moat.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Those lines aren't very deep. I thought you guys had to bury pretty deep to keep from freezing.

Funny story. I was talking with a contractor I'm friends with in Michigan. I was getting some ideas on building a gambrel roofed shed in my back yard. He asked me at one point, "What's your frost depth down there?" I laughed. Told him as long as you kick some dirt over a pipe, it'll never freeze down here.
    Another question. Where are you bringing water from?

Also, can we make Dead **** For Buffco a thing? I'd like that to be a thing.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Buffco wrote: »
    No fire pics??! It's like you're not even trying at this point.

IMGP1195_zpsc9990e56.jpg
    Buffco wrote: »
    Another question. Where are you bringing water from?

Also, can we make Dead **** For Buffco a thing? I'd like that to be a thing.

Water source is above the property. That 8" line carries it.

Frost depth is 42". Right now the mainline is about 36". I'm going to blow them out though, so I'm really only worried that the lines are deep enough to disc the field.
    Dead **** for Buffco.

MadisonRiverMay172008010.jpg
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    photooftrencherandhouse_zpsb60ca811.jpg

I like your bike, but you should get a full suspension.

Edit to add: Is that unicycle leaning up against the house?
    Also.. how awesome a movie could you have made if you had a gopro? I'd say one of the awesomest.
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Do you bring in sheep, or goats to trim your "yard" in the summer?
    Water source is above the property. That 8" line carries it.

Frost depth is 42". Right now the mainline is about 36". I'm going to blow them out though, so I'm really only worried that the lines are deep enough to disc the field.

What supplies the house? You aren't going to blow those out, I'm assuming. And you say above the property.... Are you running out of an open source of water? Not a well?
    Its not a well. Its an irrigation diversion. It supplies the whole area. The system is gravity fed, and I'm trying to decide if that will generate enough pressure. Probably not. My plan is to put a pump on it, but I'm thinking an on-demand pump at the source could be used by the whole subdivision.
    Its not a well. Its an irrigation diversion. It supplies the whole area. The system is gravity fed, and I'm trying to decide if that will generate enough pressure. Probably not. My plan is to put a pump on it, but I'm thinking an on-demand pump at the source could be used by the whole subdivision.

Huh. Never heard of such. I'd say gravity most certainly won't water your lawn. What about your house?
    You don't water a house. duh.
    The house water is on a well. I'm trying to figure out if the well pumps enough water for the lawn. I don't know the answer to that. If it does, that will be a short-term solution until the irrigation water is hooked up.
  • Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    Nice brown. That doesn't appear to be very large water.
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
    If that was road kill antelope you can now tag it in MT and take it home with you.
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
    So are we just dismissing the whole moat idea?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,590 Senior Member
    Was that a hold-up on that brown? Did you get his wallet?

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,945 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »

He's the brown bandito. Terrorizer of the West.
    So are we just dismissing the whole moat idea?

Rest easy. I have it on authority, moat is a go. We are having difficulty finding crocodiles for moat.
    Bak4Mor wrote: »
    Rest easy. I have it on authority, moat is a go. We are having difficulty finding crocodiles for moat.

Father in law is fighting the moat idea. He needs pasture to burn. Can't burn a moat.
    You tell FIL a fire ring is welcome on outskirts of moat. One can never have too many home security options. Now help me locate some crocs.
    Shawn C. wrote: »

It gets hot out there in the desert and I am fair-skinned. Sunscreen ain't gonna cut it.
    Hextall wrote: »

Edit to add: Is that unicycle leaning up against the house?

You do have an eye for detail. its a measuring device, I'm not sure what its called. Every rotation of the wheel is 6.6 feet.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,176 Senior Member
    Bak4Mor wrote: »
    You tell FIL a fire ring is welcome on outskirts of moat. One can never have too many home security options. Now help me locate some crocs.

Heck yeah. That sprinkler line should become an emergency gas line so the moat can be lit on fire when the zombies attack.
    Now that is thinkin.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,914 Senior Member
    You do have an eye for detail. its a measuring device, I'm not sure what its called. Every rotation of the wheel is 6.6 feet.
    Old school land measurement. Ten rotations is a chain. Two hundred rotations is a quarter mile.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    What happens if you lose count at 150?
    What happens if you lose count at 150?

You gotta start all over.

They have a revolution counter.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.