Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I care ****!
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    I care ****!

I thought you were dead??

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    You see? Even dead.
    Steven wrote: »
    You see? Even dead.

Now that's outrage!!

Mike
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,244 Senior Member
    I just bought my 5th Toyota. My 3 family vehicles now are all Toyota products. I love Toyota.

The fact that they kill people just ups the danger quotient to me. Love them even more now.
    I have a Ford because I am a man and a red blooded American.

Commie bastards.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,584 Senior Member
    You ARE a comic. I most certainly didn't "lose" your minimum wage detour.
    And the initial point was never addressed. Nobody here cares because GM is a "good" company (e.g. unionized).

First of all I doubt that nobody cares. It is just that we have no history of getting apoplectic about product liability. If anyone here is the hypocrite it is you, because the only reason why you are getting excited about it and not Toyota was because you can tie it to the administration and feed your ODS. You lose again.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    ricinus wrote: »
    Declaring bankruptcy and walking away from your obligations is a well used business tactic...

Mike

Unless of course this happens during a Democratic administration. Meanwhile in Republican land you can poison an entire state's water supply and walk away and nobody cares.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I used to drive a Subaru. Now I can't even say that. I should just move to Russia.

(sad face)
    sherb wrote: »

Commie bastards.

Two thumbs up for Dearborn steel!!

Mike
    joekrz wrote: »
    In the long run, negative publicity would cost more than the $1.2 B settlement they agreed to and fighting the government.

The fight has been going on for close to 4 years. Settle and move on and people don't care anymore. Out of sight, out of mind.

That's just standard procedure in business in case you didn't know.

The only difference here is that the "new GM" isn't liable any more for problem cars pre-2009 due to the bankruptcy filing. Thats a crock of **** if you ask me.

Right. Forgetting of course they have to admit guilt and undergo federal monitoring. Yeah I am sure they are innocent of all charges. That is why they recalled 7 million cars that in your mind had nothing wrong with them.

Commie bastards.

When I grow up I can get a full size four door pickup. And it'll be an F150.
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    Nobody here cares because GM is a "good" company (e.g. unionized).

Do you lie awake at night dreaming up this S%it? Truth is you're the comic.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,993 Senior Member
    Right. Forgetting of course they have to admit guilt and undergo federal monitoring. Yeah I am sure they are innocent of all charges. That is why they recalled 7 million cars that in your mind had nothing wrong with them.

Easier and cheaper to admit guilt and settle vs. dragging it out for years and receiving continuous negative publicity. Business move.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/its-all-your-fault-the-dot-renders-its-verdict-on-toyotas-unintended-acceleration-scare-feature

But at this point, I'm wondering why you even brought Toyota into the discussion.

1.) They didn't take any taxpayer dollars (GM stills owes the Gubment $11 billion dollars)
    2.) They haven't been released from any liability like GM will for their faulty cars.
    Because Steven was wondering why we were not outraged. The reason is we just don't care that much about product liability claims. But at least you admit the only reason you care is because Bengazi.
    Now that's funny.

Actually I only sort of care because I wasn't a fan of tax payer dollars being used to bail them out and now this crap with the recalls.

Hope your Toyota Camry is treating you well these days. ;)
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,181 Senior Member

Commie bastards.

Was it made here or in Mexico?
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,181 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    I used to drive a Subaru. Now I can't even say that. I should just move to Russia.

(sad face)

I though Vlad didn't approve of lesbians?
    First of all I doubt that nobody cares. It is just that we have no history of getting apoplectic about product liability. If anyone here is the hypocrite it is you, because the only reason why you are getting excited about it and not Toyota was because you can tie it to the administration and feed your ODS. You lose again.

To be honest, I didn't even know Toyota was killing people. Back in 2009 I was much more concerned with whether the banking system was going up in smoke and taking my career and my family with it.
    So I'll ask the same question, why no outrage over Toyota killing people? Lloyd Blankfein didn't kill anybody.

Now, since you haven't been paying attention, I don't think the pass you're giving GM has anything to do with the bail out, so you're wrong on that one. I just think because people work on a factory line at GM, it gets a pass from the Left. Because people work behind a desk at JP Morgan, it's the end of the world if they lose on a trade.

FWIW, I simply do not suffer from Obama Derangement System. He's not evil. not a Communist, not a Muslim, and not taking anybody's guns. He's just a guy way, way, way in over his head. I don't blame him, I blame people like you who believed the Hope! and Change! ****.

Edit to add: The question isn't why I'm hot and bothered about GM and not Toyota. I'm not hot and bothered by either. I want to know why you would get hot and bothered about some banks that haven't killed anybody but not place a single post about a manufacturing company that was not only killing people, but knew about it and hid it for over ten years.
    jbilly wrote: »
    Was it made here or in Mexico?

Ahem.

Everyone surely must know that it was a conspiracy by our goverment against Toyota to make GM look good at the the time right? What better way to help a failing auto company than knock down #1.

http://fourwheeldrift.wordpress.com/2010/02/22/conspiracy-theorists-unite-are-toyotas-problems-a-part-of-the-us-government-stimulus-plan/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IW1-irfPRA

:D ;) :p
    GM is off shoring to Cuba because of the tax rate..

Mike
    To be honest, I didn't even know Toyota was killing people. Back in 2009 I was much more concerned with whether the banking system was going up in smoke and taking my career and my family with it.
    So I'll ask the same question, why no outrage over Toyota killing people? Lloyd Blankfein didn't kill anybody.

Now, since you haven't been paying attention, I don't think the pass you're giving GM has anything to do with the bail out, so you're wrong on that one. I just think because people work on a factory line at GM, it gets a pass from the Left. Because people work behind a desk at JP Morgan, it's the end of the world if they lose on a trade.

FWIW, I simply do not suffer from Obama Derangement System. He's not evil. not a Communist, not a Muslim, and not taking anybody's guns. He's just a guy way, way, way in over his head. I don't blame him, I blame people like you who believed the Hope! and Change! ****.

Edit to add: The question isn't why I'm hot and bothered about GM and not Toyota. I'm not hot and bothered by either. I want to know why you would get hot and bothered about some banks that haven't killed anybody but not place a single post about a manufacturing company that was not only killing people, but knew about it and hid it for over ten years.

You lose again. If there is a flaw it is caused by the people that work behind a desk at GM. Maybe it is because the problem at GM, is not tanking the entire American economy and causing millions of people to lose their life savings.

And IMO he is doing a hell of a lot better job than his predecessor. The guy you thought was the greatest president ever. So yeah Benghazi.
    You lose again. If there is a flaw it is caused by the people that work behind a desk at GM. Maybe it is because the problem at GM, is not tanking the entire American economy and causing millions of people to lose their life savings.

And IMO he is doing a hell of a lot better job than his predecessor. The guy you thought was the greatest president ever. So yeah Benghazi.

Why are you talking about the people behind the desk at GM? I'm interested in why you don't give a ****. Why aren't you screaming that these people should be thrown in jail?

As for your second point, no idea what this has to do with my supposed ODS. Even if he's better that W, O is still an overmatched, outclassed yutz that should never have won the primary over Hillary or the election over McCain.
    McCain is a fool.
    So's anybody who believed the Hope and Change ****.
    [/looking]
    I know you are but what am I.
    Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say goes back to you.
    I already called no backsies.
    We didn't go ape**** over this either.'

http://nypost.com/2014/03/12/wells-fargo-made-up-on-demand-foreclosure-papers-plan-court-filing-charges/
    Wells Fargo, the nation’s biggest mortgage servicer, appears to have set up detailed internal procedures to fabricate foreclosure papers on demand, according to allegations in papers filed Tuesday in a New York federal court.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.