I had a dream...

that is deeply rooted in the Lodge experience. No wait.
==========================================

So Friday night/Saturday morning I had a dream that my wife and I were living out West...Montana or Wyoming or something. I was guiding for a living, my wife was doing something but I have no clue what it was.

I wake up in the morning (in the dream) and have no clients that day so I settle down to tie little black stonefly nymphs to re-stock my boxes.

I'm at this for 2 hours and suddenly get a iMessage from my wife:

WHERE R U?
UR SUPPOSED TO BE GUIDING FRANCOIS MITTERAND THIS MORNING!
UR 2 HRS LATE!

I woke up at 6:30 in the morning, panicked because I had left the former President of France waiting around at a fly shop.
What do you think it means?

Replies

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,260 Senior Member
    That you:
    1) Are even less lucid than SDD
    2) Wish you were a Frenchman's cabin boy

:D
  • You say this like it's a bad thing.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    The focus on fly fishing relates to the 5 weight you usually use, which , you know, TAPERS! So clearly, this relates to the effect the tapering of quantitative easing has on the relative value of the Euro to the dollar. As to Mitterand, you probably have always dreamed of having been born French. Its also possible you ate Quiche for a late night snack. However, the lack of clients has to do with the absolute whipping the Philadelphia Eagles put on the hometown Chicago Bears on Sunday Night Football. The shame and humiliation on Bears fans must be the stuff of nightmares to come. The little stonefly nymphs represent the running back LeSean McCoy who ran roughshod over the hapless bears defense all night. Or maybe Jay Cutler. I would suggest not sleeping until the Bears win a game or the season ends.
    I will, however, defer to Saltydancindave for his quality dream interpretation.
  • This must be it!
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Also, (not that it's relevant), but Mitterrand was a notorious liberal. Maybe not important.
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    I think it means you have delusions of grandeur about the social standing of your fishing partners. Next time I come to town, forget about the **** President of France and take me fishing. Baby steps.
  • Brian D. wrote: »
    I think it means you have delusions of grandeur about the social standing of your fishing partners. Next time I come to town, forget about the **** President of France and take me fishing. Baby steps.

Even the French aren't stupid enough to come to Chicago in the middle of winter and expect to fish. Yeesh.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.