I went for a run.

Took this pic for you guys.

raty2udy.jpg

Replies

  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,237 Senior Member
    Beautiful.

    Why were you running?
  • It was an experiment.

    I've been working on this low-intensity workout schedule. Basically, you keep your heartrate in a certain zone, and its supposed to allow for faster recovery time and enhanced cardiovascular fitness. So I thought a good challenge might be to do it at a higher elevation. according to my GPS, that pic was taken at 6,094 feet above sea level.

    And yes, it was much tougher.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    Is that Bogus Basin?
    It must be nice not to have horrible air pollution.


    Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk
  • Shawn C. wrote: »
    Is that Bogus Basin?
    It must be nice not to have horrible air pollution.


    Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk

    Sun Valley.

    Right now we are locked in a horrible inversion down here in the valley. I hate it.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,872 Senior Member
    Inversions get real nasty here too.

    Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    Interesting. I had no idea that your geography was ripe for inversion.
    It is so bad here now. Just unreal. There doesn't seem to be any public outcry or political will to do a **** thing about it, either. Not that anything is really going to help at this point but it is bothersome that nobody gives a ****.
    So, do you have to drive over to Twin Falls and then up 75 to get to Ketchum or is there a better route from the Boise area?
    My wife and I go camping in the Sawtooth just north if Ketchum about once/year and really enjoy it.


    Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk
  • No, there's a better, faster route. Goes from Mountain home to the junction of 75 south of Bellevue.

    The irony about the inversion is that it traps cold air. So right now its above freezing in the mountains and well below freezing here. And that, friends, is a violation of the natural order of things.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,983 Senior Member
    Interesting info and nice photo. I used to live in Mountain Home.
  • My condolences.

    :)
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,983 Senior Member
    :D

    Wasn't by choice. Dad was stationed at the AFB there for 3 years.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Sherb, what's your poop plan?
  • ok, I'm stumped by that.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,237 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    It was an experiment.

    I've been working on this low-intensity workout schedule. Basically, you keep your heartrate in a certain zone, and its supposed to allow for faster recovery time and enhanced cardiovascular fitness. So I thought a good challenge might be to do it at a higher elevation. according to my GPS, that pic was taken at 6,094 feet above sea level.

    And yes, it was much tougher.

    You mean...... Nothing was chasing you? Nor were you chasing some one or something?

    Great googly moogly man, you were running for NO REASON?
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,237 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    Sherb, what's your poop plan?

    He uses a stump, apparently.
  • Buffco wrote: »
    You mean...... Nothing was chasing you? Nor were you chasing some one or something?

    Great googly moogly man, you were running for NO REASON?

    As I recall, you are still in your 20's. Maybe early 30's. The infirmities of middle age, the minor humiliations, being called "Sir" at the Gym. . . those are all in your future.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,983 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    As I recall, you are still in your 20's. Maybe early 30's. The infirmities of middle age, the minor humiliations, being called "Sir" at the Gym. . . those are all in your future.

    Yes. Starting to happen to me in my early 40's already. The grey hair isn't helping matters either.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,799 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    As I recall, you are still in your 20's. Maybe early 30's. The infirmities of middle age, the minor humiliations, being called "Sir" at the Gym. . . those are all in your future.

    Indeed. ..
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Buffco, better get some skateboarding sneakers to keep death at arms reach.
  • Hextall wrote: »
    Buffco, better get some skateboarding sneakers to keep death at arms reach.

    And chuck Taylors. The chucks will stay the hand of death.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Is this the way down after running to the top?

    ku-xlarge.gif
  • yes. . . . . . . .
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    You better wear Vanns and not those flimsy Chuck Taylors then when coming down the mountain.

    RED BULL!
  • I save my Chuck Taylor's for lifting heavy.

    Not only do I post pretty pictures, I offer free advices: Don't lift in running shoes. You need to be able to feel the floor.

    More advices: Running in running shoes is also not good.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,983 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    More advices: Running in running shoes is also not good.

    I've been starting to see people run in these things. Fad or the real deal? I'm not sure yet.


    main-qimg-2253bbc610a7cbb220dd677da9e29fac?convert_to_webp=true

    feet_sneakers.png
  • I'm not either. I have a pair of zero-drops (google that, Ginger) but I haven't tried out the vibram toe shoes yet.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I looked into the minimialistic running shoe thing briefly (there are other options besides the vibram toe abomination), but then I remembered I don't run anymore and prefer biking.

    I think it's one of those fads that'll probably stick around with a niche crowd.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,799 Senior Member
    Hextall:
    Buffco, better get some skateboarding sneakers to keep death at arms reach.
    sherb wrote: »
    And chuck Taylors. The chucks will stay the hand of death.

    But don't eat the salmon mousse.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    Buffco, better get some skateboarding sneakers to keep death at arms reach.

    Is this like wearing Speedos??

    Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,983 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    I think it's one of those fads that'll probably stick around with a niche crowd.

    That's what I was thinking.

    I don't run either. Can't right now due to recent knee surgery, but I prefer to bike myself.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    Someone could be chasing me with a hatchet and I couldn't run. Getting older sucks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.