Obamacare...you just can't make this $hit up!

jbillyjbilly Senior MemberPosts: 5,217 Senior Member
http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-77942344/

Thousands of Californians are discovering what Obamacare will cost them — and many don't like what they see.

"It doesn't seem right to make the middle class pay so much more in order to give health insurance to everybody else," said Harris, who is three months pregnant. "This increase is simply not affordable."

But middle-income consumers face an estimated 30% rate increase, on average, in California due to several factors tied to the healthcare law.

THE ABSOLUTE BEST LINE OF ALL TIMES!!!
"She said, 'I was all for Obamacare until I found out I was paying for it,'" Kehaly said.

Bahahahaha you just can't make this $hit up...keep drinking the kool aid and keep voting for more entitlements and eventually you too will pay for them.....hahahahahah
«1

Replies

  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,965 Senior Member
    Were all going to pay. The train is running out of track. That guy that called Captain clueless a liar was spot on.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,995 Senior Member
    Let's move to Canada. :)
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

    Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    Cry me a freak'n river. Yup, we make 80K a year but can't afford $238 a month for insurance. You just can't make this s%it up.

    I remember making 80K and paying $400 a month and being happy to get it.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
  • bakerloobakerloo Banned Posts: 980 Senior Member
    dryflie wrote: »
    Cry me a freak'n river. Yup, we make 80K a year but can't afford $238 a month for insurance. You just can't make this s%it up.

    I remember making 80K and paying $400 a month and being happy to get it.

    The median home cost in OC is over $500K. The lady isn't rich. She probably has a ton of student loans she has to pay that comes out of the $80K. I know, white people problems...

    http://www.ocregister.com/articles/percent-504611-price-year.html
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory."
    Aldo Leopold
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    bakerloo wrote: »
    The median home cost in OC is over $500K. The lady isn't rich. She probably has a ton of student loans she has to pay that comes out of the $80K. I know, white people problems...

    http://www.ocregister.com/articles/percent-504611-price-year.html

    Now I'm really in tears!
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,217 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »
    Let's move to Canada. :)

    I'm sure it will be dismissed by some as anecdotal, but I just received this from my buddy who is in federal law enforcement on our northern border (there are several Canadians who work in their office). The only thing I changed in the email is editing the colorful words.

    I'm going to have the Canadians that work for me give you the straight scoop on how great their single payer system works. Great if you only catch a cold....HORRIBLE if you break a bone, tweak a knee or get seriously ill! A Canadian I worked with *ucked up her knee skiing, she went to the doctor and he scheduled her for a MRI in 6, yes 6, weeks.

    She was able to get an appt down here for an MRI the next day...she had to pay out of pocket, but it was worth it to her. This #hit happens all the time here....
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,854 Senior Member
    That's what you get for skiing on rocks in October, eh?


    Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    I'm sure it will be dismissed by some as anecdotal,
    ...[/I]

    You're right..;)

    Actually you can a MRI scan done at a private clinic if you would like to pay. You might even be able to claim it on supplementary insurance if you have it, for sure on income tax. Of course if they didn't have to scan all these people with self inflicted sports injuries, the wait times might be reduced.. Our system is no where near perfect, but over all, it is still way more efficient cost wise that yours...

    So there [ Raspberry]..

    Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,062 Senior Member
    With all of the mandated coverages imposed by Obamacare its laughable that anyone actually thought that health insurance would become more affordable into the future.

    Nothing is free.
  • jbilly wrote: »
    http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-77942344/

    Thousands of Californians are discovering what Obamacare will cost them — and many don't like what they see.

    "It doesn't seem right to make the middle class pay so much more in order to give health insurance to everybody else," said Harris, who is three months pregnant. "This increase is simply not affordable."

    But middle-income consumers face an estimated 30% rate increase, on average, in California due to several factors tied to the healthcare law.

    THE ABSOLUTE BEST LINE OF ALL TIMES!!!
    "She said, 'I was all for Obamacare until I found out I was paying for it,'" Kehaly said.

    Bahahahaha you just can't make this $hit up...keep drinking the kool aid and keep voting for more entitlements and eventually you too will pay for them.....hahahahahah

    Didn't California come out early and assure everybody that they'd save money? I'm pretty sure I remember that.
  • joekrz wrote: »
    With all of the mandated coverages imposed by Obamacare its laughable that anyone actually thought that health insurance would become more affordable into the future.

    Nothing is free.

    Nobody thought it was free...Just that somebody else would pay for it.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,062 Senior Member
    “I am a Democrat and I believe in health care for all,”

    But boy is she pissed offed now...

    http://www.suntimes.com/news/marin/23352031-452/obamacare-jacks-up-her-insurance.html
  • It's almost enough to make me believe Democrats are right...Americans may really be idiots.
  • What Sue should be doing is going on line and seeing what's available off exchange. She can probably get something that equates to her old policy at a cheaper price if she can pass the underwriting. She'll have to pay the penalty, but this year that's basically nothing.

    She'll wind up with a policy that's not guaranteed renewable, but if she gets sick, she can opt into the exchange next year.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,062 Senior Member
    More facts for the echo chamber. This has turned into a big mess.

    Those getting the cancellation letters are often shocked and unhappy.

    George Schwab, 62, of North Carolina, said he was "perfectly happy" with his plan from Blue Cross Blue Shield, which also insured his wife for a $228 monthly premium. But this past September, he was surprised to receive a letter saying his policy was no longer available. The "comparable" plan the insurance company offered him carried a $1,208 monthly premium and a $5,500 deductible.

    And the best option he’s found on the exchange so far offered a 415 percent jump in premium, to $948 a month.



    "The deductible is less," he said, "But the plan doesn't meet my needs. Its unaffordable."



    "I'm sitting here looking at this, thinking we ought to just pay the fine and just get insurance when we're sick," Schwab added. "Everybody's worried about whether the website works or not, but that's fixable. That's just the tip of the iceberg. This stuff isn't fixable."

    http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/28/21213547-obama-admin-knew-millions-could-not-keep-their-health-insurance?lite
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Yep, looks like time for single payer.. blink blink..

    Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • joekrz wrote: »
    More facts for the echo chamber. This has turned into a big mess.

    Those getting the cancellation letters are often shocked and unhappy.

    George Schwab, 62, of North Carolina, said he was "perfectly happy" with his plan from Blue Cross Blue Shield, which also insured his wife for a $228 monthly premium. But this past September, he was surprised to receive a letter saying his policy was no longer available. The "comparable" plan the insurance company offered him carried a $1,208 monthly premium and a $5,500 deductible.

    And the best option he’s found on the exchange so far offered a 415 percent jump in premium, to $948 a month.



    "The deductible is less," he said, "But the plan doesn't meet my needs. Its unaffordable."



    "I'm sitting here looking at this, thinking we ought to just pay the fine and just get insurance when we're sick," Schwab added. "Everybody's worried about whether the website works or not, but that's fixable. That's just the tip of the iceberg. This stuff isn't fixable."

    http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/28/21213547-obama-admin-knew-millions-could-not-keep-their-health-insurance?lite

    The problem for George is that he can't do that. The Obamacrats were smart enought to at least figure out that you couldn't let people buy whenever they wanted. Thus enrollment periods.
  • ricinus wrote: »
    Yep, looks like time for single payer.. blink blink..

    Mike

    This was the plan, right? **** up everything so much that we had to go to single payer.

    My dogs'll get better and quicker care.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,062 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    Yep, looks like time for single payer.. blink blink..

    Mike

    No thanks. I would rather not have my taxes increased.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    This was the plan, right? **** up everything so much that we had to go to single payer.

    My dogs'll get better and quicker care.

    You have to admit Steven, that if the richest nation on earth can't get affordable healthcare for it's citizens, something is **** up..

    Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • The problem starts with the assumption that we can't get affordable healthcare for our citizens.

    85% of U.S. citizens have health insurance. And of the remaining 15%, some don't want it. Yet you ever hear of anybody being turned away in the U.S? This isn't Mexico with women dropping babies in the parking lot.

    But let's assume we pay more than you pay through your taxes, how do you value the difference in responsiveness and time? Even that stupid WHO study had to admit the U.S. has the most responsive healthcare system in the world.
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    How droll. Steve/Ed is mixing up affordable with responsive.
  • This is the whole dilemma with creating effective public policy: If you don't get it right, you risk making the problem worse for everyone else. So if "millions of uninsured citizens" turn out to be mostly 20 somethings (and there's lots of those), and you didn't realize it at the time, then you have a problem. Because now you're in a situation where you need those 20 somethings to sign up in order to keep costs low for everyone else. But I suspect a lot will simply pay the penalty. I would have at that age.

    The wonk wunderkind Ezra Klein refers to this as the Obamacare death spiral.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,062 Senior Member
    ouzelpro wrote: »
    How droll. Steve/Ed is mixing up affordable with responsive.

    Where is the affordable part?
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,952 Senior Member
    joekrz wrote: »
    Where is the affordable part?



    IF (and there are several assumptions here):

    you took what my employer pays in health insurance premiums for my family and added it to my compensation next year........then took away all of my deductible costs and uncovered costs that we pay yearly......and then adjusted my tax rate to be comparable to what Canadians pay in taxes to fund their healthcare system.......I'd take the Canadian system in a heartbeat

    we'd come out way ahead
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    The problem starts with the assumption that we can't get affordable healthcare for our citizens.

    85% of U.S. citizens have health insurance. And of the remaining 15%, some don't want it. Yet you ever hear of anybody being turned away in the U.S? This isn't Mexico with women dropping babies in the parking lot.

    But let's assume we pay more than you pay through your taxes, how do you value the difference in responsiveness and time? Even that stupid WHO study had to admit the U.S. has the most responsive healthcare system in the world.

    I just cannot understand how someone like Buffco can only afford insurance for his wife and kids, but not for himself. That just isn't right.. As for being turned away, I don't know, but I remember news stories of hospitals closing their ER's and claiming they were full so they wouldn't have to deal with people unable to pay.. Lots of cases of people being bankrupted with medical bills. This is the perception of your old health care system.

    Mike

    Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • ouzelpro wrote: »
    How droll. Steve/Ed is mixing up affordable with responsive.

    Yawn. You need to get a hobby like tapestry making or something.
  • Let's keep the horror stories in perspective. A little more than half of non-business bankruptcies occur due to medical bills - that's about 700,000 cases per year. We have 115 million households in this country - so you're talking about .6% of the population.
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Let's keep the horror stories in perspective. A little more than half of non-business bankruptcies occur due to medical bills - that's about 700,000 cases per year. We have 115 million households in this country - so you're talking about .6% of the population.

    Yea. **** 'em.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.