World Series

Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior MemberPosts: 6,858 Senior Member
Good game tonight. I don't have a dog in this fight so I revert to rooting for the NL team. I know we have a few Yankees guys here. So, are you pulling for the Cards?
Having watched Kelly pitch many times I really liked tonight's matchup vs. Peavy.
I wonder if Carlos October will do something heroic tonight?

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk

Replies

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,858 Senior Member
    Dear Tim McCarver,

Shut the f&@* up!

Sincerely,
    The Lodge

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    are you pulling for the Cards?

Yes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Crazy ending! If Middlebrooks doesn't trip him up (and it didn't look intentional) I think Craig scores, even if he does run like Sid Bream.

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,308 Senior Member
    I'm pulling for Boston. Haven't watched baseball since I was a kid, but this series sucked me in for some reason.
    Buffco wrote: »
    I'm pulling for Boston. Haven't watched baseball since I was a kid, but this series sucked me in for some reason.

I have been more attracted to baseball as the NFL is becoming unwatchable. I love the Steelers dearly but am having difficulty watching any non Pittsburgh game. Too much scoring, too many ads and penalties and too much preening by the players.
    I've always enjoyed the pace and tradition of baseball but with my decreasing interest in the NFL I've been enjoying it even more.

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,308 Senior Member
    Plus the beards are fantastic. I'm desperately trying to grow one, so there's that.
    Crazy ending! If Middlebrooks doesn't trip him up (and it didn't look intentional) I think Craig scores, even if he does run like Sid Bream.

What an awful way to end a game, but it was the right call. But what a wonderful thing that it happened to Red Sox Nation (tm).

I think he would have been safe too if Middlebrook wasn't in his way.

There is a whole lot of mental gymnastics going on right now in New England trying to interpret the rule book. However that call in that situation gets called every time.
    Farrell made some mistakes as well. I thought pinch hitting for dubrount with gomes was questionable... Two out and nobody on, and he burns a pinch hitter taking out a pitcher that was doing really well. It's not terrible, but seems to me pretty unlikely to lead to something good.

But he really dropped the ball not double switching in the ninth for workman. Have Napoli bat for workman, and put Ross in salty's spot, then bring in koji for the bottom of the ninth. He left one of his biggest weapons on the bench (Napoli). If you are going to pinch hit with gomes earlier... Why not here? I think Farrell admitted this was a mistake after the game.

Also, not intentionally walking Jay to load the bases and set up the double play in the ninth before the nonsense... Then you get to pitch to kozma (he was up next right?) who is not good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
  • bakerloobakerloo Banned Posts: 980 Senior Member

Sid Bream ran fast the 1 time he needed to. I still have nightmares.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory."
    Aldo Leopold
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    I'm enjoying this series, but I can't decide which team plays for the Mennonites, and which one plays for the Amish.

The only commentator worse than McCarver is Monkeydoes on FB. I had to block his OCD.
  • Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    Cards - the lesser of two evils.
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,954 Senior Member
    Bak4Mor wrote: »
    Cards - the lesser of two evils.

when in doubt, root against fan bases that wave towels, ring cowbells, bang "rally sticks" or other manufactured nonsense
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.